We spent five days at La Casa Que Canta and enjoyed every minute of it. For those that wrote in to say that it was over-priced or that they did not enjoy their stay, I believe this is because they had misguided expectations. La Casa Que Canta is for couples (and believe me, everyone who goes there is part of a couple) that want solitude, privacy, and relaxation. There are no TVs, internet, etc. so be prepared to just lounge, swim, and eat. The hotel is small and exclusive so you probably won't interact with other guests; you will have plently of time for yourself. My fiance and I stayed in one of the suites with our own infinity pool and it was definitely worth the price! Lounging in our own pool in our own room, while looking down onto the waves crashing in the ocean was priceless. The hotel staff were also extremely friendly and helpful; we spoke little Spanish but that was not a problem at all. The hotel helped us arrange to rent a private fishing boat where we caught very large tuna and marlin. We brought the tuna back to the hotel chef who made ceviche and sashimi with it (the best I've ever had!). Since the hotel restaurant is pricey, I do suggest that if you do not want to pay for an expensive meal, just walk down to the beach hnd eat at one of the many restuarants there. There is really nothing bad that I can write about La Casa Que Canta; this is the place to go for absolute relaxation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Casa Que Canta is a small hotel with essence, a history and a personality of its own; a true tropical paradise. Located on a promontory in the middle of Zihuatanejo Bay next to the beautiful La Ropa beach, this hotel offers unrivaled panoramic views. Built with adobe bricks, palapas and tropical woods, the unique architecture of La Casa Que Canta is an icon on the Pacific Coast of Mexico. Its 25 ample suites, spread out among three buildings, all have spacious terraces and 180-degree views overlooking the bay. In this peaceful and refined world, attentive to the passage of time, we have created a universe with attention to details and with the uttermost respect for our guests and their well being. Loyal visitors tell us that each time they arrive at La Casa Que Canta, is like returning to a beloved family. Since our opening 23 years ago, we are proud to be amongst the best Boutique Hotels of the World. Our pursuit of constant improvement and excellent service has granted us multiple awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Splendia, Despegar.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com and Jetsetter so you can book your La Casa Que Canta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Casa Que Canta Hotel Zihuatanejo
- Casa Que Canta Hotel Zihuatanejo