“Had to Go Back” 5 of 5 stars

+52 755 102 3738
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Dive Zihua is located at the heart of downtown Zihuatanejo. We are a new PADI dive centre with an atmosphere you would expect to find in a small dive operation. We not only have a passion for diving but all of our staff have been involved with conservation efforts for years and it is our philosophy to bring safe fun diving with an appreciation to the aquatic environment.We offer both diving and snorkeling tours through our full service dive facility.Our shop is very easy to find, we are located on Juan Alvarez opposite the basketball court in the main part of downtown.
Santa Barbara, California
13 attraction reviews
“Had to Go Back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I had such an amazing experience in October with the team at Dive Zihua, that I slipped in a quick trip back in January. The diving in this area is incredibly beautiful for divers of all levels and the team at Dive Zihua are able to customize a dive experience to satisfy! Had never heard whales underwater. Thank you Joao, Gemma, Sonja and Luis for rocking my world! Every time I think about it now, a knowing smile emanates. Can't wait to go back. Found my sweet spot and my dive shop.

Joao G, Owner at Dive Zihua, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you so much for writing yet another wonderful review. We love when people come back to dive with us, we are not only able to show you more dive sites and more of the great Pacific life, but it is also so nice to make relationships with clients.
We hope to see you very soon!

Santa Barbara, California
“Spectacular Diving, Fantastic Crew”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

My friend and I recently returned from a long weekend in Zihuat, the majority of which was spent underwater with Joao and Gemma. What a magnificent experience! Eagle rays, sea turtles, nudibranchs - we saw it all. The crew at Dive Zihua, including Luis (my savior during a bout of seasick), are both consummate professionals and great good fun. Highly recommended, and looking forward to a repeat visit in late spring.

Joao G, Owner at Dive Zihua, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for the review! We strive to not only give everyone an amazing dive experience, but to also go the extra mile and make sure you have a good time with us at the dive shop after the dives. We love to make new friends and ensure great dives and lots of fun here in Zihuatanejo.
Clovis, California
“Amazing diving experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I went diving with Joao and Gemma for three days, and could not have had a better experience! Gemma was my dive master and she was a great teacher. We saw amazing sea life and everyone was super friendly and professional. Dive Zihua is a great dive shop and I would highly recommend it to anyone wanting to dive in Zihuatanejo.

Joao G, Owner at Dive Zihua, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thanks so much for the nice review. Both of our Instructors are here to provide the best services possible. We were happy to have had the pleasure of diving with your group and getting to see so much sea life, including sea turtles and sting rays.

Please let your friends know about us, even if they don't dive, we can still show them the beauty of Zihuatanejo.
4 attraction reviews
“Best Dive Team - Great Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

We were lucky to choose this shop. The dive masters were so enthusiastic about diving and made our dives a blast. Saw a shark and several rays and turtles. Thank you so much!!!

Joao G, Owner at Dive Zihua, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for the review. This was an excellent dive to Morros de Potosi where we were lucky enough to see the resident White-tipped Reef Shark and a number of turtles.
We are glad you choose to dive with us and hope to see you again next year!
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Great dive business!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Me and my family came to Zihua in October and I really wanted to try to dive. We did a Discover Scuba Diving course and did one dive in a pool and one in the ocean. My pool dive was great because Joao really made sure we knew what we were doing. All of our skills were done until we understood how to do them correctly.

For my Ocean dive, my ears were giving me a lot of troubles. But Joao made sure I took my time and didn't rush anything. I was getting a little disappointed in myself but the whole staff made sure to give me the best dive possible. I even went snorkeling while my family finished up there dive.

It was amazing and I really like my first dive! I want to keep diving and keep learning because of how fun they made it.

Visited October 2012
Joao G, Owner at Dive Zihua, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for reviewing us. We are glad you had a good experience with us. We have two Instructors at the shop for situations when some divers may need more attention in the water. Please let your friends know about us, even if they are not divers! We love taking people around and showing them how great Zihuatanejo can be.