“excellent food and service” 5 of 5 stars

+52 322 222 5225
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
La Palapa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 772 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mexican, Asian fusion
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Doing business, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Amapas
Description: La Palapa Restaurant combines gourmet cuisine, friendly service, and the tropical setting of Los Muertos Beach to achieve the perfect balance between fine dining and the warmth and charm characteristic of Puerto Vallarta Mexico. Located on Playa Los Muertos in the heart of the Romantic Zone, this popular restaurant is one of Vallarta's favorite places to enjoy great food in a casually elegant atmosphere. At La Palapa Restaurant you will discover all of the ingredients to a perfect dining experience - a relaxed atmosphere, attentive service, fine wines and fabulous food. No matter what the occassion, from breakfast with business associates or lunch with friends to a romantic dinner for two, La Palapa defines fine dining in Puerto Vallarta.
Dallas, Texas
“excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Have not been to Puerto Vallarta in 20 years and it has changed dramatically. But La palapa has not changed,its still fantastic.

Its been here since before Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton put PV on the map in Night of the Iguana.

It was so good we went there for dinner twice and we were only there for three nights.all food was outstanding ,service was better the first night than the second .Be sure to have the flaming coffee,its $15 but worth it(see the pictures).

Visited August 2014

“Best breakfast and everything else!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

My best friend and I came to PV and ate almost every meal at la palapa! Seriously their breakfasts are amazing I ordered the same thing 2 days in a row and so did my friend. We go the huevos rancheros and huguos palapa. So delicious I'm still wishing I was there to dig my toes in the sand for the best breakfasts, lunches and dinners of my life. I had the most amazing servers and on the last day of vacation I felt like they were family. Thanks so much to Ponciano and Jorge and Capitan Julian for helping us have the most amazing vacation, answering all of our travel questions and for making us so at home in your beautiful restaurant on the beach! We will be back.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dutch Town, Louisiana, United States
“My Favorite Restaurant in Puerto Vallarta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

I love this restaurant! I usually eat here several times during my annual visit to Puerto Vallarta, and I can't say enough good things about it. Every meal I have had here has been great but breakfast is my favorite. I don't know how to adequately describe the experience of having a leisurely late breakfast in the open-air dining room or under a palalpa just steps off of Banderas Bay, with the activity of the beach and the beautiful scenery all around. The food is wonderful. The staff is so professional and courteous. And the restaurant is beautiful - tropical and cozy. Great location right on Playa Los Muertos in the romantic zone near the new pier. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, late drinks with live music in the bar...La Palapa never disapoints!

Visited August 2014
San Diego, California
“Beach Chic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

Excellent service...Jorge, Ponciano, and Jairome, just to name a few.

Breakfast, lunch and dinner...ENJOYED THEM ALL.

Best restaurant on the beach in Puerto Vallarta Mexico

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oceano, California
“Comments”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

A great experience!!!! Thank you to ALL! This is the best restaurant in Puerto Vallarta!!!!! THANK YOU!!Ponciano is a great waiter!! Thank you Ponciano!!!