“Breakfast on the beach...” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
La Palapa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 697 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Mexican, Asian fusion
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Amapas
Description: La Palapa Restaurant combines gourmet cuisine, friendly service, and the tropical setting of Los Muertos Beach to achieve the perfect balance between fine dining and the warmth and charm characteristic of Puerto Vallarta Mexico. Located on Playa Los Muertos in the heart of the Romantic Zone, this popular restaurant is one of Vallarta's favorite places to enjoy great food in a casually elegant atmosphere. At La Palapa Restaurant you will discover all of the ingredients to a perfect dining experience - a relaxed atmosphere, attentive service, fine wines and fabulous food. No matter what the occassion, from breakfast with business associates or lunch with friends to a romantic dinner for two, La Palapa defines fine dining in Puerto Vallarta.
Dallas, TX
“Breakfast on the beach...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Very beautiful and the breakfast was great. They started with complementary sweet rolls. I ordered the La Palapa breakfast and it was all prepared to perfection. My partner got the omelet, which was really good too. The service was excellent and it was well worth the extra $'s to enjoy the great food and be on the beach.

Visited April 2014

Seattle, Washington
“Romantic dinner on the beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

I was invited to join my two friends for a romantic dinner on the beach. Never in my life have I enjoyed a dinner as I had that evening. The service was outstanding, the food was out of this world and every attention to detail was made to make our evening the most special ever. Living in PV for 6 months I forget to treat myself and others to very special evenings and breakfasts. Returning for breakfast the following week, I had the pleasure of having Max Lazaro wait on our table. He is the best waiter we have had in PV, attentive to every need and a very down to earth, and honest and special person. You can tell he really enjoys his job and the people he serves.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor Member
“PV favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Although this is my first review of la palapa, it is likely my 4th visit. We come once a year and its our favorite place in PV. La Palapa year after year maintains great good, great drinks, wonderful staff and allows us to also spill out into a beautiful sunset beach right afterwards. We have never been there for brunch, but maybe next time! It's places like this that build great experiences to keep coming back to PV! The price seems to be getting more expensive so consider your budget your drink choices. This past visit we had tortilla soup, sea bass, shrimp and some killer choc lava cake. Everything was delic. Our waiter even wrote a little message on our dessert plate to "have a nice flight back" home. We love you la palapa and hope it isn't too long until we return.

“Never disappoints”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I come every year. Pleasant and attentive staff. Serves typical seaside refreshing meals. Stick to the seafood. The pitchers of sangria go down like lemonade.

Chicago, Illinois
“A treat for your taste buds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

I went here on a recommendation and I am glad that I went. The food and ambience were amazing. Started with the lobster Taquitos with cucumber Martini's. The Martini's were very smooth. The Taquitos were very good as were the fried dumplings. I has the Palapa shrimp and my friend has the sea scallops. Both were really amazing. Very flavorful and worth the money. Dessert was good as well. A definite must go to spot!