“Go to the zoo!” 5 of 5 stars

New Boston, Michigan, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Go to the zoo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Go to the zoo! I felt like a child again. It was not like a zoo in the US. You can feed the animals, monkeys, zebras giraffes . I played with a baby lion and my husband played with a tiger. It was awesome.

Visited February 2013

Minneapolis
4 attraction reviews
“Old-style but cool zoo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I didn't even know there was a zoo in Mismaloya until I went on the International Friendship Club's BoZo tour (450 peso by bus to the botanical gardens and zoo, benefiting the local cleft-palate charity). It's a privately run, old-style zoo, with some animals in chain-link enclosures, but they all seemed very healthy. I didn't really like seeing the adorable lion and tiger cubs tightly chained to a concrete floor so people could play with them, though.
As un-PC as this zoo is, it's pretty fun to feed the animals. I loved the hippo, who would open his mouth wide as soon as anyone got close -- you could see all the half-chewed carrots and bread in there. The sacred papian -- a mandrill monkey? -- had quite a hissy fit because a teen had done something to offend it, but after she left, I talked to it soothingly, and it took peanuts from me very gently. Pretty memorable visit -- be sure to take some videos if you go!

Deerfield, Illinois
“A MUST DO IN PUERTO VALLARTA!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I have been to the Zoo in Mismaloya five times. When I have someone visiting me in Puerto Vallarta, I always make sure we get there. It is so much fun, being able to feed the animals and get up close with them A bag of food is 50 pesos and it shows you what each animal eats. , It is great for kids , I do recommend wearing sturdy walking shoes. So if you are visiting PV. make sure to put this on the must do list.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stopped for drinks but the staff was very funny, we enjoyed it there a lot! It has been remodeled and was very clean and unique inside

Rockford, Illinois, United States
10 attraction reviews
“Something for younger children”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

It was nice to have an option for our younger son to do for a few hours. This Zoo is in Mismaloya an old kinda run down Mexican city. It was interesting to see some "unusual animals." But the hill walking made it more of a "hike." The animals are not cared for like in the US so it was difficult to see that but at the end of the time there our son had the opportunity to play with a baby Bengal Tiger (for a fee). He enjoyed the day and I would reccommend going but just being prepared with good shoes and a bottle of water.