“A Great Day Trip!” 4 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“A Great Day Trip!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

The Zoo was a very nice day trip - the grounds and animals were well kept. We have a 4 year old daughter and bought entrance ticket and three bags of food (each of us had our own bag) - which was plenty and a good time feeding ALL the animals (take lots of pictures as they come right up to you). Many reviews indicate the humane of animals - but they seemed well fed/kept/clean - compared to the Zoo's we have been to in China - this was fairly decent! It was a fun, active morning and had a great time! I would not recommend paying extra to play with small animals (at end of Zoo departure/exit) - the babies were getting fairly big and a little over zelous - that scared me a little bit if they nipped you (they were chained to the wall for you to walk in / around) - a little too playful (too big) for us! You can do this trip in the morning and be back to your hotel/resort by early afternoon - nice time we had!

Tsawwassen, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“Bring bug spray!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

My husband and I have travelled to PV many times just the two of us but this year we brought our two sons and decided to check out the zoo since we have never been. I had heard that the animals were poorly cared for and that visiting the zoo might make me sad so I approached with caution.
My family and I thoroughly enjoyed our visit to the zoo. The animals look as happy as any animal in a zoo can look. They also looked just as healthy, if not more healthy than the animals at my local zoo. We bought food to feed the animals and the kids (and my husband) enjoyed that.
I found the uphill walk a bit tiring because I was wearing flip flops, I suggest wearing proper shoes if you can help it. I also HIGHLY suggest you wear bug spray. My husband and I got eaten alive on our legs. It was so itchy!! My kids didnt get bitten once though...probably because every bug there was using me as a buffet.
We didn't pay the extra money to pet the baby animals but were just as happy standing there watching the lady who did. I loved how up close and personal you can get to all the animals at this zoo.
TIP: Even though you can reach in and feed the monkeys out of your hand, DON'T. I witnessed a child get his hand yanked in and his fingered bitten by a monkey.

Eureka, California
3 attraction reviews
“Do not miss this opportunity!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Amazing place. I loved every thing here and highly encourage people to buy the food to give the animals - they take it from your hand very gently and it's so cool. Also if you can do it, a once in a lifetime experience is to hold the baby animals at the end of the tour. I cannot stop thinking about how incredibly cool that was. It truly was the highlight of my trip.

Edmonton
“Awesome Zoo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Loved going to the zoo...We went our first trip and then this trip we went twice, Love being able to feed the animals, Loved walking thru the Village. Took the bus from Vallarta for 7 pesos.. (:

cortland,ohio
4 attraction reviews
“A must do day trip !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

After 8 visits to Puerto Vallarta, we took our first adventure to the zoo. What an interesting day we had seeing and feeding the many animals. This zoo is much different than those we have been to in the United States. You have thw opportunity to get up close and actually feed some of the animals. Feeding an ostrich, girrafe and monkeys was fun. A slow and leisurely stroll thru the park was fun. we will definately do again in future visits. You should spend the few extra peseos and buy the food bag.