“great cocktails” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #47 of 735 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Dessert, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Fun, casual place with an obvious emphasis on seafood and an eclectic mix of great cocktails.
woodstock,il
“great cocktails”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

funky place, fusion food, craft cocktails. I had a Thai style green papaya salad and it was as good as anything ive had in Bangkok. the drinks are strong. eclectic crowd. hopping a nite.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Bay Area, CA
“Disappointingly Not as Good as in the Past”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Last year, I had the most amazing guacamole at Joe Jack's on several occasions, so I was inspired to return when I arrived in Puerto Vallarta this year (I had gotten the name wrong in my initial review, calling it Fredy's Tulcan -- though I've never been to Fredy's. TripAdvisor kindly moved the review to the correct place but didn't change the name from Fredy's to Joe Jack's, as requested. Unfortunately, TA doesn't give users the opportunity to edit their reviews).

The guacamole this year was good, but it wasn't amazing. It lacked the kaleidoscope of flavors that we enjoyed in the past. It was better than average, but last year it was 10 stars (out of 5). This year, it was 3.5 stars. To be fair, it had superb consistency. Joe Jack's also has a two-for-one mojito special during the day. Last year, the mojitos also were strong and full of flavor. This year, they fell flat. Two mojitos this year were weaker than one mojito last year. I wouldn't order the mojito ever again. They were a huge disappointment.

I'm a vegetarian. I wouldn't rush back to Joe Jack's again just for its guacamole. If it were last year's perfection, I most certainly would. I considered getting the portobello mushroom quesadilla, but it doesn't come with accompaniments (like pico de gallo or sour cream). Other than those two items, there's not a whole lot else that I could consider. I think my only other option would be a green salad.

Joe Jack's has slipped this year. I noticed that neither the chef nor the bartender is the same as last year, and that, most definitely, has something to do with it. It's a shame because it was a regular haunt for me last year. For now, without a doubt, Antonia's in Sayulita is the undisputed queen of guacamole for the Bahia.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver
“Culinary Highlight of my PV Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Joe Jack's Fish Shack surpassed my expectations. I sat up on the roof top deck and enjoyed the view and some excellent people watching while looking down on to the street. I partook of the two for one mojito special. Best I've ever had. I picked the combo of 3 ceviches, my fave by far, being the octopus and shrimp cocktail... my first octopus, and one of the best things I've ever eaten. Wonderful food and drink.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Punta de Mita, Mexico
“The Best Salads and Fish in twon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Simple. You dont have to look around for options in Pvr. joe Jacks rules.
If you are a vegy or eat whatever.
The service is great ,the music was fantastic the food was fenomenal.
I really recommend this place. I went with 12 fitness girls and they loved it.
Very healthy food.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“It's a fun place for a quick dinner.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

We've been to PV at least once a year fir the past 19years. This is a fun place to eat. Kinda of loud and pretty busy . Food is fresh and the fish is great !

• Visited November 2012