“I have never seen a bar fall from grace so fast.” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #26 of 43 Nightlife in Puerto Vallarta
Type: Dance Club/ Discos, Clubs
More attraction details
Owner description: Club Manana is the largest and most popular gay club in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico and features two dance floors, two stages for popular performers and shows, palm trees, swimming pool, and hundreds of hot men and women every night of the week. It's truly a first-class nightclub and you won't be disappointed.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage
Toronto, Canada
“I have never seen a bar fall from grace so fast.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

This place is a total rip off. A few years ago it was the place to be. It had great entertainment, good cocktails, and was "the only place to be" in PV. I went this year and there was no entertainment to speak of. The place was dirty. When I got a drink which I paid 70 pesos for there wasn't even an ounce of alcohol in it. I watched im pour. The staff seemed to be unhappy and walking around like they were being watched be the owner. They even closed the main floor washroom on a Sarurday night because it "wasn't busy enough". I paid 120 pesos to get in and felt totally ripped off. I will never go to there agiain. I suggest you go to Paco's Ranch, or La Noche instead they are much better. Don't waste your time or your pesos at Club Manana. This place is dead!!!

Visited February 2011

tucson, az
“Club Manana - is the magic over?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2011

Just got back from PV, and decided to head over to Manana on last Friday (Feb 4th) to start my weekend off. Got there just before midnight, and (fortunately) was only charged $50 peso entry fee.

Once inside, there were probably 20 or less patrons. In fact I think there were more employees than patrons. I then also found out that all the other side clubs (the Ranch, the Zone, etc...) that were part of Club Manana not that long ago are now closed.

I wandered into the Stripper side of the club, now called Tease. I guess the real tease is calling it a strip club, when all you see is guys dancing in swim/underwear, no "full nudity" as they advertise. And of course there were only half a dozen patrons in this side of the bar. Apparently "skin" doesn't do enough to draw in a crowd.

So in less than 30 minutes I was leaving Manana, in a less than satisfied mood....

Now to be far, I have been to Manana years ago during a special event, and it was packed. Apparently that's the only way this place now truly gets hopping :(

Visited February 2011
Worcester, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
“A "must go" in Puerto Vallarta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

Great music, beautiful boys, a swimming pool, and an all-night party. What more could you possibly ask for?

Minneapolis
“Scam”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

I love PV and most of the bars/clubs. But I have to concur with a few of the others that posted. They definitely water down the bottles because I drink either tequila rocks or stoli rocks..... no mix! It is very obvious to me that the liquor is weakened and watered. On another occasion, I tried to order draft beer (all of the locals were drinking draft). They kept telling me they were out of beer glasses, then they said the tab was empty. They continued to try and up-sell me to a much more expensive bottle. Meanwhile, the locals continued to get served taps. Also, they definitely charge visitors a higher price than locals. As I waited for my friend at the bar, I watched the sales ringing up and they were consistently inconsistent based on what language you spoke. If they treated me right, I could spend a lot of money in there but now I drink elsewhere first and only drink water when I get inside.

“A fun great place to experiance. Like all...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2010 via mobile

A fun great place to experiance. Like all places in Mexico be mindful of yourself and all will be well.
Mañanas is one if the best gay night spots, its always packed no matter the time of night or day of the week. Yes there is a small cover for anyone who isn't a local that can get on your nerves but hey we would do the same.
It's not the US don't expect special treatment, have money when you go ( after all your there to have fun and they are there to make money bring more than 20 pesos $1.55 unlike the dork in the previous review)
as for theft be mindful as you would anyplace. A little previntion is worth a pound of cure as they say. Besides the justice system is diffrent in Mexico. For a picked pocket of 100 pesos do you really want to be stuck on your vacation for the next 4 days driveing far out of town spending it in a Mexican court house dealing with curruped lawyers, who's only goal is to extort as much money out of the criminal as possible all while holding the contents of your stollen items as evidence and in the end letting him go. Of course not.
Don't expect everything to be as it is in the U.S but do enjoy that which is puerto vallarta. Be respectfully of yourself and others, be mundfull of your belongings, and enjoy that which is Mexico