“Like Family!” 5 of 5 stars

$15 off room rate
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Like Family!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Our short two day stay with Mike and Irma was a definite highlight during our visit to the area. The small hotel is located in a nice part of town and is close to all of the "hot spots" by the beach. Our room was spacious, clean and overlooked a beautiful little courtyard. Irma was there both mornings to make a home cooked breakfast. The German / Mexican restaurant on site seemed to be very popular with the locals. We would surely go back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I arrived at Hacienda Alemana without a reservation but were welcome with open arms by the owners, Michael and Marta. Located right in the heart of Old Town, it was steps away from amazing restaurants,flea markets and beautiful beaches. We didn't take one taxi the whole time we stayed there, I highly recommend just getting lost among all the streets around you-you're bound to find everything you could ever want. Each morning, Marta made us a delicious authentic Mexican breakfast....SO yummy. There are ten cozy,private rooms overlooking the pool. It was definitely one of the best accommodation experiences either of us have had! Such a beautiful family....thank you Marta,Michael and Oliver for an unforgettable time and we will definitely be returning soon!

-Gabby and Alex

• Stayed June 2013
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Irma and Mike are the best hosts! My fiancee and I travelled to Puerto Vallarta in June and stayed at Hacienda Alemana for 4 nights. Not only is the property and rooms beautiful and comfortable but Irma and Mike helped us plan places to go see and activities to do during the day. I will be back in a heart beat to Hacienda Alemana. The location is quiet yet walking distance to anything in Puerto Vallarta. We can't wait to go back!

Guadalajara, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

It is always awesome to stay with Irma and Mike. The service, the food, the hospitality ..... everything is just great.
Whenever we have a chance we pass by and enjoy the place.
There are a lot of German restaurants all over Mexico, but when Mike is serving you his meals you feel like you are in Germany .... it is real authentic.
The other excellent part is the "Hotelito". Very nice rooms, the ambience is great and also here, the place is just clean and tidy.

Thanks for everything to Irma, Mike and their crew!

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Mike and his wife not only get five stars for their impeccably clean rooms and stylish taste; but I want to use this opportunity to point out that the two of them have an incredible amount of character and integrity. I had reserved a junior suite for a relaxing four day weekend with my wife and when I got there, Mike told us that we might just want to stay in one of the regular rooms because we said that we weren't really planning on using the kitchenette and it being just the two of us, a second bed was unnecessary.

We toured both and concluded that the regular room was more than enough space for us. We appreciated his gesture, particularly because it meant that he was going to make LESS money than what he would have made if we would have (happily) stayed in the junior suite. This proves that Mike and Irma are "above the money", a rare find in the tough hotel business...

Another thing to point out is that the communal nature of the breakfast results in a fantastic opportunity to meet new people and chat about things to do in the area. A special place. Really truly wonderful.

Room Tip: Ask Mike via email and he will help you out....
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I rarely write reviews, but for this extraordinary place I'm writing my second one after a recent return visit last week. This is one of the best small inns anywhere -- not just PV, or Mexico -- it beats places I've stayed throughout the United States and Europe. I've been to PV over 50 times and wouldn't stay anywhere else. It is quiet, relaxing and welcoming. Tatiana and her family are incredible gracious hosts. It is located in my favorite neighborhood. I love the pool. The breakfasts which are included with your room rate are some of the best gourmet breakfasts I've ever had - and the Huevos Ahogados are to die for! The rooms are very new and contemporary but with a combined Mexican and German flare which is what makes this place so incredible. I'd like to keep it a secret but Hacienda Alemana is just too excellent not to share, along with their fabulous restaurant out front. Not to be missed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Hacienda Alemana was great! Very comfortable and close to everything in PV Old Town. The hotel is very charming and the pool was great. We had a great breakfast and enjoyed the beer garden very much! If I get back to PV I'll stay here again no doubt!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hacienda Alemana? Share your experiences!