“Villa Mia made our wedding unforgettable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Mia

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Villa Mia
You added Villa Mia to your Saves list
Mismaloya, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico   |
Covington, Washington
“Villa Mia made our wedding unforgettable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

We got married at Villa Mia in June and I don’t even know where to start with how amazing this place is. Julian and Vanina took care of everything and the entire staff was friendly, helpful and made you feel taken care of. We had over 50 guests stay in Villa Mia and the two other villas above it and I didn’t hear a single complaint about the place. The only bad thing I had heard and I wouldn’t say it was a complaint, but more something to know ahead of time, was the steep hill to get down to Villa Mia from the other two villas, but even those were so beautiful on their own and the staff so accommodating that it made up for it. They would bring meals and anything requested up to the guests up there so they wouldn’t have to walk down and their Villas were stocked with drinks and snacks and their own service staff. They had even rented a couple wheel chairs to help the guests who had difficulty walking get down and back up. The hill and stairs became a fond memory of the place. Every guest seemed to be blown away by the beauty and specialness of this place. I had hoped and had faith that this place was as amazing as I had heard, but the reviews and pictures don’t do it justice. It’s even better. When we finally arrived after a year of planning it took our breath away with how gorgeous and perfect it was. Every guest got a beautiful room that made them feel special. I honestly don’t think there’s a “bad” room in the place. Our wedding was beautiful and memorable and I can’t wait to find a reason to go back again. The food was delicious and once even got applause from the guests when it was revealed for dinner. It’s right on a bus line that made it very simple to get to Puerto Vallarta and Mismoloya Beach, if you ever want to leave the Villa that is. I could have been content enough snorkeling and jumping of the rocks at the Villa or lounging by the pool drinking the yummy drinks the bartending staff made. Some of the guests got massages and manicures and pedicures in the spa and they said it felt wonderful. It truly felt like our own private paradise. The villa had internet access and provided a phone at the main bar for the guest to call home and check on kids or whatever they needed for no additional cost. It was like we were rich, in a gorgeous oceanside mansion (the place is huge and all yours!) with staff that would take care of our every need.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

My wife and I have done a lot of traveling. We have been to Costa Rica twice, Mexico 3 times and places in Europe. Via Mia was by far the best hotel that we have stayed at. The hotel itself was gorgeous. I can't not possibly say enough good things about the staff, we have never been treated this well! The food was excellent and varied from day to day. The hotel has amazing views and is located on the bus line which is really convenient. You can save a lot of money by taking the bus into town.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2008

this is quite simply the best place to stay in PV - In fact this place could be 100 miles form PV and I wouldnt care - everything there was amazing, from the pool to the staff to the awesome accomodations - if you want the best this is it.

1 note for the owner - the gym equipment needs to be refreshed/repaired -

not that I really wanted to spend a moment doing anything other than relaxing.

• Liked — the rooms, the pool, the staff, the view
  • Disliked — far from town
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
california, md
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2008

I stayed at the Villa Cosmica just above the Villa Mia for my brother's wedding trip, and we spent most of our time at Villa Mia. I don't have the words to accurately describe the beauty, peacefulness and serenity of the setting. The staff was respectful and interactive, remembered each guest's food and drink preferences and waited on us all day long. It was my first time to Mexico, and unless I get to go back to Villa Mia, I won't go back at all, because I don't believe anything else can compare. It was a magical vacation and I feel so lucky to have experienced this place. Julien and his staff were exemplary.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
san francisco, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2008

I wanted to find an awesome venue for my 40th birthday, my friends and I have gone on some pretty amazing trips together and the bar was set very high for this one. We had gone to Amsterdam for another 40th as well as a wedding in Costa Rica last year, toughs acts to follow for sure. I found Villa Mia on LuxuryRetreats.com and they were wonderful to deal with. This villa was the only one of it's size and caliber in Mexico or Hawaii. Vanina and staff were kind enough to let us arrive a few hours early on our scheduled date. As I walked down the lush tropical pathway to the villa, my heart filled. As I made my way through the front door to the livingroom balcony over looking the pool, I cried. Julien was there to greet us, Victor got our bags and Omar made us margaritas. The villa itself is incredibly unique and beautiful. There's a tree in the master bedroom! Julien arranged everything from transportation to massages and all very seamless. He even waited well after hours for my neice who flew in very late. The meals were first class, really really well done. I asked them not to be wasteful and what they put together for lunches and snacks using "left-overs" was awesome. It wasn't like they reheated the night before's dinner and served it to us in tupperware. They took the leftover beef and made fresh taquitos. The leftover chicken was made into chicken salad in the shape of an Iguana. You would have never know they were leftovers and again, there's nothing wrong with not being wasteful. Our last day there was my actual birthday and they pulled out all the stops including a fabulous lobster feast, a mariachi trio and fireworks over the ocean. I cried that night too. Surrounded by my friends and a staff that was always polite and happy to take care of us, this was one birthday I (and my guests) will never forget. We will go back again and again. For the quality, it was well worth the cost. After all, how many people can say they had an entire resort all to themselves!

• Liked — Beaultiful setting, villa was truly unique, staff was amazing
  • Disliked — needed more cash for the massage and transportation, an ATM would be awesome!
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Gulf Breeze, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2007

It is impossible to describe how wonderful our Villa Mia experience truely was. My fiance and I selected Mia and Grand Dia as the lodging for our wedding guests. We had a total of 38 family and friends who joined us for four days around July22, 2006 and every single one of them are still talking about how incredible it was. The villa created a special environment that gave everyone enough space, yet bonded our family and friends together. A special thank you to Julian (opps mispelled), the staff, they were amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No worries on the food, it is spectacular and I wish they published a cookbook. We chose to have our rehersal dinner at the villa and it was perfect. The setting was beautiful and we hope to one day bring everyone back for a reunion. We just can't say enough!!!!!!!!

• Liked — Everything!!!!!!!!!
  • Disliked — We had to check out
  • Stayed July 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2007

My husband and I found Villa Mia thru the internet in spring 2007, we were looking for a magical place to get married in May and that when we saw it, we just knew we had found the perfect place, however, we had no idea how perfect.
Vanina (the owner) took impeccable care of us and planned our whole wedding, with so much care and so much attention to detail. The guests (our families) were so impressed with the food that was served and the staff attention as well.
The views of the house are fantastic and each bedroom is beautifully decorated in an original style. Overall the house was very clean and it was just a dream to seat at the terrace and dream away..........
Our wedding turned out to be absolutely beautiful and every guest had tears in their eyes because of the combination of the ocean and the beautiful flute music that Vanina hired for the ceremony while we told our vows to eachother.
A true dream that turned into reality. Gracias Vanina!!! and your wonderful staff.

Stayed May 2007

Been to Villa Mia? Share your experiences!