“Amazing wedding location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Mia

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Villa Mia
You added Villa Mia to your Saves list
Mismaloya, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico   |
Tahoe City
“Amazing wedding location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We just returned from holding our wedding at Villa Mia in Mismoloya. This place is incredible. We had a full staff and all of our friends and family staying at the Villa with us. We were waited on hand and foot, and treated with such kindness the entire time. I have never experienced such amazing service, food, and accomadations.

If you are looking for a private place to hold a wedding, check out Villa Mia. The whole experience was more than we could of ever dreamed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

We just returned from our daughter's wedding in November 2011 @ Villa Mia. There are no words to describe the phenomenal venue, staff, food and overall experience. The bride's sister also wrote a review and our hope is that other guests will provide insight into their experience as well. Vanina who is the daughter of the owner of the villa and with whom everything was organized was fabulous. She served as our wedding coordinator and we were thrilled with her help and support. We would be remiss, however, if we didn't acknowledge Julian who managed the staff and day-to-day operation of the Villa--Thanks to Julian, Tono and the rest of the staff, all our needs were met. The staff went above and beyond to ensure that every guest was taken care of. The food was wonderful and the cooks and staff catered to whatever request was made--made-to-order omelets (including our health conscious guests egg white omelets!). Our group was large enough that we filled the main villa's 15 bedrooms and we had guests in one of the upper villas as well that had 5 bedrooms. ALL bedrooms had private baths and there were bathroom facilities in the main palapa as well as by the pool. Each bedroom was unique. The housekeeping staff was wonderful--rooms were cleaned each day and the place was immaculate The infinity pool was amazing as was the 16 person hot tub. For our guests staying at the upper villa, they had their own pool & hot tub and staff member so they could relax and have some "quiet time" if they wanted to!.

Our daughter and new son-in-law spent several months communicating with Vanina making sure every detail of our stay was addressed. The pictures on line do not do Villa Mia justice--it's hard to imagine that it could have been more beautiful than depicted on the website--but it was. We hoped that the food and service were all as noted by many reviewers -- and again--everything was beyond our highest expectations. Our guests were able to obtain massages and other spa services right at the Villa. My daughter, the bride, had arranged for hair & makeup professionals to come to the villa the day of the wedding, and that proved to be a very wise decision vs. having to go into Puerto Vallarta on the day of the wedding. As she was pampered with manicure, hair and makeup Julian saw to it that we were served lunch and drinks as we enjoyed all the pre-wedding preparations!

I think you get the picture...Villa Mia is THE NOST fabulous venue we have ever had the pleasure to stay at---what made it even more special was IT WAS ALL OURS...talk about feeling like the rich and famous! Our ONLY regret is that the event and our time @ Villa Mia had to end. We have already been talking about when we can return!

Thank you to Vanina, Julian, Tono, Chicho, and the cooks and the housekeepers, the groundskeepers and to all the staff that I may have neglected to mention for making this one of the most memorable events of our lives. Our time at Villa Mia for our daughter's wedding will be something we will treasure for a lifetime. To all our guests-friends, family and to all the staff--THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for being there and being part of this very special occasion.

Room Tip: All rooms have a view. All rooms have private baths. There are a lot of stairs to negotiate. For gu...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
pgh, pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

We just returned from my sister's wedding which took place at Villa Mia. She had approximately 40 guests, and rented out 1 additional villa at the top of the property. IT WAS WONDERFUL!!!

The staff (Julian, Antonio, Chicho, Jonathan, Diego, all the housekeepers and kitchen staff and cooks....... I apologize if I misspelled anyone's name) was AWESOME! Everyone was friendly and basically waited on us all day long. They knew our drinks, the food was wonderful. By the time we were done with lunch, it seemed they were already making and serving dinner! Julian was accessible all day long. All you had to do was ask him and he did all he could to accomodate your requests.

The wedding was wonderful, beautiful....... what a gorgeous setting! Thanks to Venina (again, I apologize if I have misspelled!) for putting together and organizing my sister and new brother-in-law's very special day. You did a fantastic job and it was greatly appreciated!

The pool is beyond wonderful, the rooms are great, and each a little different and unique. The view from each room is to die-for...... our room (Argentina) actually had an ocean view from the shower!!! Our room was cleaned daily, beds made up daily.

Yes, there were some buggy visitors to our room, but once we figured out how to put the little blue squares into the wall unit, they pretty much disappeared.

We were there to relax and enjoy each othere's company, but we did turn the TV on briefly to check the steelers game on Sunday night. There is a flat screen TV in the TV room, with a big round wood table and chair, as well as 2 chaise lounge type chairs to watch TV. Again, I hardly spent any time in this room, but it was a good sized-room with a good-sized TV.

Again, the drinks were wonderful, the food was fantastic, the rooms and views out of this world, the staff was FANTASTIC........ thank you again to all of you who made our trip and my sister's wedding a truly unforgettable experience!

Feel free to email me with any questions about this property. I really had an excellent time :0)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Covington, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

We got married at Villa Mia in June and I don’t even know where to start with how amazing this place is. Julian and Vanina took care of everything and the entire staff was friendly, helpful and made you feel taken care of. We had over 50 guests stay in Villa Mia and the two other villas above it and I didn’t hear a single complaint about the place. The only bad thing I had heard and I wouldn’t say it was a complaint, but more something to know ahead of time, was the steep hill to get down to Villa Mia from the other two villas, but even those were so beautiful on their own and the staff so accommodating that it made up for it. They would bring meals and anything requested up to the guests up there so they wouldn’t have to walk down and their Villas were stocked with drinks and snacks and their own service staff. They had even rented a couple wheel chairs to help the guests who had difficulty walking get down and back up. The hill and stairs became a fond memory of the place. Every guest seemed to be blown away by the beauty and specialness of this place. I had hoped and had faith that this place was as amazing as I had heard, but the reviews and pictures don’t do it justice. It’s even better. When we finally arrived after a year of planning it took our breath away with how gorgeous and perfect it was. Every guest got a beautiful room that made them feel special. I honestly don’t think there’s a “bad” room in the place. Our wedding was beautiful and memorable and I can’t wait to find a reason to go back again. The food was delicious and once even got applause from the guests when it was revealed for dinner. It’s right on a bus line that made it very simple to get to Puerto Vallarta and Mismoloya Beach, if you ever want to leave the Villa that is. I could have been content enough snorkeling and jumping of the rocks at the Villa or lounging by the pool drinking the yummy drinks the bartending staff made. Some of the guests got massages and manicures and pedicures in the spa and they said it felt wonderful. It truly felt like our own private paradise. The villa had internet access and provided a phone at the main bar for the guest to call home and check on kids or whatever they needed for no additional cost. It was like we were rich, in a gorgeous oceanside mansion (the place is huge and all yours!) with staff that would take care of our every need.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

My wife and I have done a lot of traveling. We have been to Costa Rica twice, Mexico 3 times and places in Europe. Via Mia was by far the best hotel that we have stayed at. The hotel itself was gorgeous. I can't not possibly say enough good things about the staff, we have never been treated this well! The food was excellent and varied from day to day. The hotel has amazing views and is located on the bus line which is really convenient. You can save a lot of money by taking the bus into town.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2008

this is quite simply the best place to stay in PV - In fact this place could be 100 miles form PV and I wouldnt care - everything there was amazing, from the pool to the staff to the awesome accomodations - if you want the best this is it.

1 note for the owner - the gym equipment needs to be refreshed/repaired -

not that I really wanted to spend a moment doing anything other than relaxing.

• Liked — the rooms, the pool, the staff, the view
  • Disliked — far from town
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
california, md
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2008

I stayed at the Villa Cosmica just above the Villa Mia for my brother's wedding trip, and we spent most of our time at Villa Mia. I don't have the words to accurately describe the beauty, peacefulness and serenity of the setting. The staff was respectful and interactive, remembered each guest's food and drink preferences and waited on us all day long. It was my first time to Mexico, and unless I get to go back to Villa Mia, I won't go back at all, because I don't believe anything else can compare. It was a magical vacation and I feel so lucky to have experienced this place. Julien and his staff were exemplary.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Villa Mia? Share your experiences!