“possibly the most beautiful place on earth” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Mia

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Villa Mia
Mismaloya, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico   |
california, md
“possibly the most beautiful place on earth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2008

I stayed at the Villa Cosmica just above the Villa Mia for my brother's wedding trip, and we spent most of our time at Villa Mia. I don't have the words to accurately describe the beauty, peacefulness and serenity of the setting. The staff was respectful and interactive, remembered each guest's food and drink preferences and waited on us all day long. It was my first time to Mexico, and unless I get to go back to Villa Mia, I won't go back at all, because I don't believe anything else can compare. It was a magical vacation and I feel so lucky to have experienced this place. Julien and his staff were exemplary.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

22 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
san francisco, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2008

I wanted to find an awesome venue for my 40th birthday, my friends and I have gone on some pretty amazing trips together and the bar was set very high for this one. We had gone to Amsterdam for another 40th as well as a wedding in Costa Rica last year, toughs acts to follow for sure. I found Villa Mia on LuxuryRetreats.com and they were wonderful to deal with. This villa was the only one of it's size and caliber in Mexico or Hawaii. Vanina and staff were kind enough to let us arrive a few hours early on our scheduled date. As I walked down the lush tropical pathway to the villa, my heart filled. As I made my way through the front door to the livingroom balcony over looking the pool, I cried. Julien was there to greet us, Victor got our bags and Omar made us margaritas. The villa itself is incredibly unique and beautiful. There's a tree in the master bedroom! Julien arranged everything from transportation to massages and all very seamless. He even waited well after hours for my neice who flew in very late. The meals were first class, really really well done. I asked them not to be wasteful and what they put together for lunches and snacks using "left-overs" was awesome. It wasn't like they reheated the night before's dinner and served it to us in tupperware. They took the leftover beef and made fresh taquitos. The leftover chicken was made into chicken salad in the shape of an Iguana. You would have never know they were leftovers and again, there's nothing wrong with not being wasteful. Our last day there was my actual birthday and they pulled out all the stops including a fabulous lobster feast, a mariachi trio and fireworks over the ocean. I cried that night too. Surrounded by my friends and a staff that was always polite and happy to take care of us, this was one birthday I (and my guests) will never forget. We will go back again and again. For the quality, it was well worth the cost. After all, how many people can say they had an entire resort all to themselves!

• Liked — Beaultiful setting, villa was truly unique, staff was amazing
  • Disliked — needed more cash for the massage and transportation, an ATM would be awesome!
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Gulf Breeze, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2007

It is impossible to describe how wonderful our Villa Mia experience truely was. My fiance and I selected Mia and Grand Dia as the lodging for our wedding guests. We had a total of 38 family and friends who joined us for four days around July22, 2006 and every single one of them are still talking about how incredible it was. The villa created a special environment that gave everyone enough space, yet bonded our family and friends together. A special thank you to Julian (opps mispelled), the staff, they were amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No worries on the food, it is spectacular and I wish they published a cookbook. We chose to have our rehersal dinner at the villa and it was perfect. The setting was beautiful and we hope to one day bring everyone back for a reunion. We just can't say enough!!!!!!!!

• Liked — Everything!!!!!!!!!
  • Disliked — We had to check out
  • Stayed July 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2007

My husband and I found Villa Mia thru the internet in spring 2007, we were looking for a magical place to get married in May and that when we saw it, we just knew we had found the perfect place, however, we had no idea how perfect.
Vanina (the owner) took impeccable care of us and planned our whole wedding, with so much care and so much attention to detail. The guests (our families) were so impressed with the food that was served and the staff attention as well.
The views of the house are fantastic and each bedroom is beautifully decorated in an original style. Overall the house was very clean and it was just a dream to seat at the terrace and dream away..........
Our wedding turned out to be absolutely beautiful and every guest had tears in their eyes because of the combination of the ocean and the beautiful flute music that Vanina hired for the ceremony while we told our vows to eachother.
A true dream that turned into reality. Gracias Vanina!!! and your wonderful staff.

Stayed May 2007
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2007

If you are looking for a perfectly magical, once in a lifetime experience, you've got to go to Villa Mia! As mother of the bride, we began planning our event a year in advance. We did it all by e-mail. Vanina always answered every question we had within 24 hours. She did all the wedding planning, as well as arranging the meals and transportation. A few months before the wedding I became very concerned when I found out I had numerous food allergies. I shouldn't have worried...Vanina simply took my list and worked with the cooks to make a separate menu!

When we arrived at the villa, we were overcome with the breathtaking beauty of the place. The views were magnificent and not a detail was overlooked in the design of the villa itself. It is truly an organic work of art. we kept wandering around finding new details to admire. There are 15 bedrooms, all with their own unique character and charm. There are also 2 beautiful Palapa bars, a great kitchen and large common areas. Each of our arriving guests had the same reaction, and they kept thanking me over and over for finding the place and making it possible for them to stay.

The staff was amazing. They welcomed us, introduced us to everyone, and Antonio grabbed our bags and hauled them to our room. Then Julian gave us a tour, and brought out a white board so we could assign rooms to our guests. They waited on us hand and foot, and promptly handled every request, including picking up diapers in town for the babies. Every morning they were out cleaning the pool, sweeping and preparing food before we were even awake. The place was clean enough to walk around barefoot and not have anything stick to your feet, inspite of the fact that the villa is totally open and mostly outdoors and situated in a jungle setting.

Julian worked the pinata that we had requested for my son's birthday, which was the day before the wedding. It was great fun to watch my 26 year old son whacking blindfolded at the plants after being spun around 26 times!

The wedding was glorious...perfect in every respect. Some of the guests commented that they had never seen a mother of the bride so relaxed on the wedding day...we were splashing about in the pool just hours before the event!

I could go on and on...you will just have to experience it for yourself. We are already scheming about how to get back to Villa Mia.

As for the negative review that the Brooklyn gal wrote...hopefully someday she will mature enough to realize that if that is the experience she truly had, it is the one that she created for herself.

If you would like to talk to me personally for further information, ask Vanina for my contact information.

Mother of the May 19, 2007 bride

• Liked — Amazing organic architecture; stunningly beautiful setting
  • Disliked — Having to leave
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2007

When we decided to have our wedding in P.V. it was a bit scary, we had never been there, and we had alot of guests coming (40+). When we found Villa Mia we just new instictively that it was the place for us. We contacted Vanina and were put in touch with previous guests. Everyone had glowing reviews! We booked within the week.
Working with Vanina to plan my wedding was incredibly easy, she took care of every detail. I gave total control to her, and I was impressed with everything. The flowers were beautiful, the cake was delicious, and the sunset was breathtaking. She even conspired with my mom to surprise us with a Mariatchi band, it was the highlight of the night!
From the moment we stepped inside the Villa, we new we were entering a place that few get to experience. It was like stepping into a place of magic, a fairy tale. I felt like a princess, the way a bride should feel. The staff was superb, they were friendly, competent, and treated us like royalty. The meals were decadent, there was so much food everyday! I was thankful to see leftovers at lunchtime, I would hate to see so much good food go to waste.
My new husband looked at me once during our stay and said, "Julian is my God." I think that sums up our lead waiter perfectly. He was there for us at all times, he new what we liked to drink, and he anticipated our every desire. All of our guests loved him! All the staff worked hard to make our stay pleasant, but they instead made it perfect. I cannot imagine a better place to get married and spend time with loved ones. It will be a place that is talked about for years, at every family get together.
We cant wait to go back!

• Liked — It was like living in a fairy tale
  • Disliked — That I couldn't stay forever
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2007

I had the opportunity to have my dream wedding in this fabulous paradise!! It was amazing from start to finish. We were treated like royalty, waited on hand and foot. The entire staff was incredible!!! I couldn't have imagined a place like this to have my wedding. I fell in love with Villa Mia from their website before ever being in Mexico. Once we arrived....it fulfilled all my expectations, dreams, and more!!! It was amazing!! The staff was so wonderful and did everything to make things perfect. I would highly recommend going to Villa Mia with no hesitations. I was outraged when I read the review from Brooklyn and think maybe they stayed at an entirely different place. Villa Mia was a dream paradise and more than I could have ever asked for!!! All my dreams came true for 5 days at Villa Mia!!!

Been to Villa Mia? Share your experiences!