My husband and I chose Casa Cupula based on the website photos and glowing Trip Advisor reviews. While I was bit nervous about traveling to Mexico for safety reasons, I needn't have worried! PV and the entire Bay of Banderas area could not have exceeded my expectations more! Casa Cupula was magnificent in every way. We felt so well taken care of during our 9 nights there, that we are longing to return (and are planning to in 2014). The entire staff at Casa Cupula made us feel so special, and they really have created a magical atmosphere within this little slice of heaven nestled in the hills of PV. I must give a special thanks to Fernando and Edwin. They both took care of our every request whether it was restaurant or nightclub recommendations or booking excursions for us during the day. Fernando suggested ziplining and a whale watching cruise on the bay, both of which turned out to be highlights of our vacation. They upgraded us to a suite because they weren't completely booked when we checked in, and we couldn't have been more pleased with our room - the Greenbelt Junior Suite. It was spacious, plushly decorated, and had a nice terrace with a great view of the ocean. The color scheme was bright and Mexican - vibrant oranges and dark browns - the artwork was stunning, and the bathroom was a real treat. That rain forest shower head was FANTASTIC! Loved the L'Occitane amenities, too!! Lots to love here - from the rooftop infinity pool to the delicious cuisine of Taste Restaurant. What made the vacay extra special was all the other fun guys we met and hung around with while staying here. Casa Cupula is now our home away from home in PV!
I will say one thing about the location. If the location of Casa on the hillside a short distance away from Zona Romantica is at all giving you pause of whether or not to stay here, don't give it another thought. The road leading up to Casa's entrance can be a little offputting at first (thought it's really not that bad), but we found the tropical surroundings to be a big plus. It's extremely serene, there is a series of stairs that provides a bit of a shortcut when walking down the the clubs, restaurants, Old Town, and beach, and I was appreciative for the workout of walking back up the hill. It was a nice leg and cardio workout, and I opted to walk back up numerous times for the exercise benefit. That said, it was only a 10-minute walk down to the activity - hardly anything to complain about. The cab ride to and from was always an option - and only $5 one way.
Thanks again to everyone at Casa for making our stay so memorable. We are still - 6 months later - fondly remembering what an absolutely special time it was. We can't wait to return, hopefully in 2014 for our 10th anniversary.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Cupula Hotel
- Casa Cupula Puerto Vallarta
- Casa Cupula Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Cupula is one of the most luxurious boutique hotel resorts in the world, welcoming gay men, lesbians, and friends of our community. We offer the services of a five-star mainstream resort in four boutique properties: Casa Cupula, luxurious Villa Sevilla (great for groups), Private Residences and Owner's Villa. Gourmet food compliments four pools, a gym and sophisticated modern design. Located in Amapas, walking distance to gay beach clubs, nightlife, restaurants and cafes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Casa Cupula reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.