I imagine you're thinking... I don't know, should we book here? Yes! You should!
We stayed here four nights in November 2012, and had a terrific visit. We chose to have the hotel pick us up at the airport, and driver Carlos gave us a fascinating tour as we made our way across town. Fernando met us on arrival with drinks and an welcome orientation for our stay. He suggested many possible activities; we chose the gay horseback tour for one day and the zip line another. Both were well worth it and a lot of fun. You will read a lot of descriptions of this impressive property on trip advisor. I'd just add that there are a *lot* of stairs, since the hotel is built into a steep hillside, and I imagine some travelers would want to know that beforehand. But because of these stairs you are treated to new and surprising views and architectural details at every turn.
We dined at Taste several times, for breakfast and dinner. Prepare to be surprised. They have very fine chef and staff. Eating this delicious food while enjoying the soaring views of Old Vallarta is an experience not to be missed.
Casa Cupula's gym is extremely well-equipped for a hotel gym. Whoever put it together knew what you need for a good workout.
We stayed in room 403. Spacious, stylish, kind of Zen with polished concrete walls. Our companions stayed in 303, with more traditional furnishings and a covered balcony. Both were beautiful, but 403 made us feel like rock stars.
I've read a few reviewers were put off by the tiny cobblestone street that leads up the hill. And the fact that you have to get up and down the hill to get to the beach. We used cabs: easy, stress-free, and cheap. As for the unimpressive entrance, we thought it made the surprise at the end even more special. If I was some celebrity looking for anonymity and pampering -and I'm not! - Casa Cupula would be the perfect place.
We wished the WiFi was more consistent, and did mention it. But do not let that prevent you from staying here. You will leave refreshed and feeling you have made good friends in Puerto Vallarta.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Cupula is one of the most luxurious boutique hotel resorts in the world, welcoming gay men, lesbians, and friends of our community. We offer the services of a five-star mainstream resort in four boutique properties: Casa Cupula, luxurious Villa Sevilla (great for groups), Private Residences and Owner's Villa. Gourmet food compliments four pools, a gym and sophisticated modern design. Located in Amapas, walking distance to gay beach clubs, nightlife, restaurants and cafes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Casa Cupula reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Cupula Puerto Vallarta
- Casa Cupula Hotel Puerto Vallarta