“Another Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Cupula

You added Casa Cupula to your Saves list
Casa Cupula
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   129 Callejon de la Igualdad, Puerto Vallarta 48399, Mexico   |
Ranked #7 of 120 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
New York City
“Another Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2008

Just returned from PVR and a great week at Casa Cupula. Everything was perfect and our stay was better than last year. This year we had breakfast at the hotel every day and it made the start of our day much more relaxing. The food is very good and the dining room staff is very acomodating. We stayed in room 403 and everything was perfect.

I enjoy staying at a nice property, big or small. Casa Cupula is by far the nicest boutique hotel that I have ever stayed at. While there was construction going on across the canyon, we never intended to spend the day at the hotel so this was not a problem for us. The management and staff are excellent and seem to honestly care about your comfort and needs.

• Liked — Small Boutique Hotel, Nice Guests and Staff
  • Disliked — ?????
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2008

I stayed in the Penthouse suite #521. When I arrived the room was not ready due to a mix up in my reservation. The staff made up for it with a complimentary cocktail and chips. The room was very nice at the reduced price recieved ($325 per night). This is one of the suites for purchase and there are some minor details are overlooked (ugly wall patching around lights, walls puckering at base of shower, curtain rod at jacuzzi door fell and was not fixed to the wall,etc.,). Since I was just vacationing those details did not matter. The sun deck with the infinity pool was the best. This is where I spent the majority of my time catching some much needed rays while overlooking 180 degrees of the bay. By the way, the staff is awesome! They made me feel right at home and I did not want to leave (Oscar & Martin you rock!). The other rooms of the property are just as nice, but I was on top of the world in the penthouse. Great PV experience and I will definitely return to Casa Cupula in the near future.

• Liked — The 180 degree view of the bay
  • Disliked — Delay in check in after a long flight.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2008

I booked this trip as a surprise for my partners birthday. It was our frist time in PV and this beautiful property added to the magic of this trip. While we had a few issues with the pick up and the check in everything was taken care of to my satisfaction. We were able to stay in two of the rooms and both had their own charms. The vista rooms we stayed in 303 and 403 are amazing with the terrace and the amazing huge bathrooms. The double shower is a nice feature. The molton brown and L'Octane products impressive!!!! The pool area and infintiy roof top pool are beautiful. I can not tell you how nice it was every night before heading to bed, after a late night to sit in the infinity pool looking at the stars...pure heaven.

The service at Casa Cupula is top notch. I can not say enough about Oscar, who really cares about the people who stay here. He arranged for us and other guests to spend a day out on a beautiful private charter sail boat that took us to a secluded beach. If you had the chance do this, it was a hilight! Everyone at Casa Cupula provides excellent service, and greets you with a warm welcome and a smile. The included breakfast was outstanding as was the pool side fare just as amazing. The Tuesday Taco party was a great way to meet other guests as was the Saturday managers cocktail party. Do not miss both!!!

Don't worry about the walk up the hill. You can skip half the hill by going in the side entrance and walk up the stairs. The walk to the beach is easy and after a long night out the taxi is a cheap way to back. Never found the construction noise to be an issue.

We have stayed in other gay owned properties in the past and I have to say that Casa Cupula is the best. I am already planning our next trip and I don't think I could ever stay anywhere else in Vallarta after staying at Casa Cupula.

• Liked — the rooms, location, property and service
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Berkeley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2008

We enjoyed a very relaxing 3 days here in one of the very large suites. The balcony off the bedroom was more of a room itself, so we spent all our time out there. Great views of the sunset.

The food was amazingly good, full breakfast, lunch and snacks. Oy, the deliciousness.

We came to relax and we succeeded.

• Liked — The food
  • Disliked — Climbing the hill
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Casa Cupula? Share your experiences!