“Perfect evening for our final night in Mexico” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Enjoy a boat ride across the bay, taking in the views along the way, to a candle and torchlit, private beach hideaway. See Mexico’s past come alive through dance and music during an enchanting theatrical performance followed by a delicious seaside dining experience under the stars.
Edmonton, Canada
“Perfect evening for our final night in Mexico”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Two friends and I chose this as our final activity after a very enjoyable week in Nuevo Vallarta, and we weren't disappointed. I did this in 2011 as well (with my husband that time - very romantic), so I had some idea what to expect, but I enjoyed this one even more - the boat was much less crowded and the whole evening felt much more relaxed. (Vallarta Adventures have apparently taken customer feedback to heart and added more boats.) The candle lit island is gorgeous, the buffet was delicious (I even tried cactus leaves, which was a first for me. Tasty!), and the performers were amazing.
I can't vouch for any other boats, but we were on Boat #4 and our cruise director's name was Julio Castillo. I can't say enough about how well we were treated by the staff.
Highly recommended - I would do this again. Some advice - take a shawl or light jacket for the boat ride back, as it gets chilly on the water that late at night. Also, as with all activities in Mexico, you'll want to bring tip money, but just be aware that the tips for the island staff will be collected separately from the tips for the boat crew, so make sure you plan for both. And above all, if you're leaving from Nuevo Vallarta, don't believe the sales guy if he tells you the boat boards at 7 and leaves at 7:30. It leaves at EXACTLY 7pm (7:30pm is the departure time from the second stop at Puerto Vallarta).

3 attraction reviews
“Good show..ok food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

The show was too short and dinner was rushed. The food was an ok buffet. Too westernized. Thank goodness I only paid $60. I feel for those that paid $120. Nice ambiance. Wished we had time to explore the island.

Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
4 attraction reviews
“A must do for adults!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

A well-organized, entertaining and fun-packed evening. The musical and dancing performance was excellent and I would have liked more! The buffet dinner was better than expected and plenty of food. The tables were spread out enough to feel like you were in a small group, even though there was about 150 of us having dinner at the same time.

This would probably be a difficult trip for someone with any physical limitations, not only at Las Caletas climbing in the dark, but also on the boat, especially getting on and off. If you have any tendency toward motion sickness at all, I also recommend sitting on the main level of the boat instead of upstairs.

We could have done with less cheesy "entertainment" on the boat in both directions...music, drinks, and views at night were enough for us. It took away from the romance and seemed more suited for a booze cruise. But others seemed to enjoy the silly performances.

Toronto, Canada
“Wonderful Evening!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

A wonderful evening from start to finish!
The boat trip to Las Caletas cove was great. The onboard staff were friendly, accommodating and very entertaining. It would have been nice to leave the dock during daylight hours, but the lights along the shoreline were beautiful and the night air was lovely throughout the entire trip.
Once we arrived at the cove we were escorted to our respective tables along a torchlit path, which was very beautiful.. The dinner staff were incredibly friendly, helpful and very efficient.
The food, the drinks, the ambience was wonderful...
Next came the evening entertainment which was exquisite!!! The musicians, singers and dancers were fantastic! An incredible visual and listening experience!
My only disappointment came when I questioned the lovely manager - Gustavos - about purchasing a cd of the music of the night.. and he had to inform me that it was not available.
That is such a shame as it would have been a most memorable addition to a wonderful evening.
I hope it becomes available to all in the future and I would love to be informed, if it does.
I would also like to commend all the staff we encountered for their kindness and assistance we were given as one of the members in our party has difficulty walking and staff were always around to lend a helping hand..

Chilliwack BC
“Great Dinner Show!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Six of us took this tour and we were all impressed with the show and dinner. It rained the night we went, but staff provided umbrellas. We were really impressed with the setting, the strength of the performers and the beautiful locale. We all found something we liked to eat at dinner although a couple thought some items tasted a tad salty (perhaps because they have eliminated salt while cooking).

The boat crew were great. Liquor was free-pour and the crew put on their own show on the way back. Several visitors on our boat were dancing and singing along.

Great show, highly recommend it for the less energetic visitors to PVR. We loved the photo taken of our family together and purchased it as well.