We have been returning here nearly every year, this being our 6th trip. Overall, we love the location and the staff who remember us each trip and give us outstanding service, from the concierge desk to the waiter staff. We were forewarned the main pool was undergoing maintenance, and to compensate for the inconvenience, they offered 3 "happy hours" with 2 for 1 drinks throughout the day, which was a nice treat! Hotel staffer, Ramses, greeted us at the beach our first morning to inquire if everything was ok in our rooms. We gave him a short list of minor repairs, which were immediately attended too.
Now the downside. Although we were forewarned about the pool maintenance, we were not warned about the exterior painting of the building. It was majorly intrusive. To wake up unprepared for workmen hanging outside our windows, was annoying. We were on the 4th floor. This forced us to keep our drapes closed the last few days of our visit. A maintenance worker frequently knocked on our door to gain access to talk with the workmen outside our windows/balcony. One evening before leaving for dinner, we secured the windows and closed the curtains. Upon returning, the curtains were open and the windows were unlocked. When I called the front desk to complain, they insisted the workmen only access the balcony and do not enter the rooms. They did not want to acknowledge that someone had unlocked the windows and balcony doors from the inside.
On our final day, we were sitting in the living room and one of the workman opened the window (from the outside) and tried to enter the room, but then saw us sitting there. A few minutes later a maintenance guy knocked on the door and again requested access. He walked over to the window, and let the workman enter our room from the window and then walk out the door. Again I complained to the front desk, with little response from the staff.
My recommendation would be to avoid during maintenance periods (off season). Register complaints early. They seemed much less accommodating towards the end of our of visit.
- Also Known As:
- Club Regina Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Club Regina Puerto Vallarta Hotel
- Hotel Regina Puerto Vallarta
- Club Regina Puerto Vallarta
- Regina Puerto Vallarta
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Raintree's Club Regina Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.