“Wonderful Folkart” 5 of 5 stars

+52 322 222 1220
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 77 Shopping in Puerto Vallarta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Activities: Biking, Dancing, Fishing, Group tours/bus tour, Hot-air ballooning, Nightlife, Sailing, Snorkeling, Swimming, Viewing wildlife, Water-skiing, Birdwatching, Dining, Getting married, Hiking, Kayaking, Parasailing, Scuba diving, Sunbathing, Swimming with dolphins, Walking, Whale watching, City walk sightseeing, Drinking, Golfing, Horseback riding, Mountain biking, People-watching, Shopping, Surfing, Tennis, Watching sunrise/sunset, Wind-surfing
More attraction details
Owner description: Lucy's CuCu Cabana is a unique shop specializing in hand-picked, high-quality, authentic Mexican folk-art. Lucy and Gil travel all over Mexico for several months every year searching for original pieces. All of their merchandise is purchased directly from the artisans at fair prices. They have been in business for twenty years. Lucy's will be closed from May 1 to October 25 while the owners go on their annual shopping trip.
Pacific Northwest
“Wonderful Folkart”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2008

Every time I go to PV, I always end up at Lucy's. I think it has the best selection and the most reasonable prices. Yes, it is small. However, the pieces are well selected and of good quality. Everything from jewelry, textiles, talavera, religious art, etc, is well chosen. If you are in the neighborhood (Romantic Zone) it is worth a visit. If you collect folk art this is the place to go.

South Dakota
“Nice, but not that nice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2008

Lucy's CuCu Cabana and Zoo is a nice, quaint little place to visit. Emphasis on little. We walked quite a distance to find Lucy's and were disappointed in just how small it was. The area in which it is located is more important than the store itself. The area is south of the main part of Puerto Vallarta and has numerous "artsy" little shops, verses the typical little T-shirt shop in the main part of PV. It seems to be a safe area and I would visit it again, not necessarily to see Lucy's shop. Lucy's shop is fine, however, don't think your going to "the" main attraction of PV, the store is barely the size of a master bedroom. It has nice items that are of interesting nature but not worthy of a special trip in and of itself.

Toronto/PV
“best place to buy gifts in Puerto Vallarta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2007

This little shop on Basilla Basilia has got to be the most charming place to drop in and look around for treasures especially for gifts, (tho have ended up keeping most of my loot for myself). Lucy and Gil are usually around to chat with if you have any questions on any items. I always seem to find something quite different and small enough for a visitor to fit in their luggage. This is a TREASURE of a
place and has been here forever, just across from Steves Pub so my husband can wait without complaining while I take my time to browse.

Pittsburgh, PA
“Where I chose to buy my art”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2007

When I go on a trip I usually spend a few hundred dollars on a nice piece of art. My goal on this trip was to find a piece of mexican folk art. Lucy's has lots of reasonably priced folk art and the owners are lovley. I purchase several pieces of colorful Oxaca (sp??) carved wooden animals. They make great gifts are are very unique. An easy place to find a nice souvenier and the prices are right on target.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Check it out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2005

If you are in PV, you should definitely go to Lucy's. It is a small but lovely shop of mexican folk-art with very friendly, helpful owners and salespeople. I saw a wonderful rug there, but hesitated to buy and when I went back, it had been sold. I was so disappointed that the helpful person working there called the owner, who had 2 more by that artist in the warehouse. She brought them in that evening and I ended up buying one (also a beautiful silver bracelet). In addition, they gave us recommendations for a simple, delicious, non-touristy restaurant and place for desert. Friendly people and beautiful things!