“Loved this resort as Dreams” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta to your Saves list
Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Barra de Navidad S/N Km. 3.5 | Zona Hotelera Sur, Puerto Vallarta 48300, Mexico (Formerly Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa)   |
virginia
“Loved this resort as Dreams”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Love this resort and have so many fond memories there. 16 of us went the last time and has such a great time, all of us are so disappointed that it is changing hands. We all fear that it will no longer be affordable when it becomes a Hyatt property. I hope they leave the old world Mexico charm and the staff as it is. There are already 1000's of hotels that have been "modernized" and they all look alike. Maintenance is one thing, but complete change is not necessary. I loved this place and I hope things don't change much and I hope it stay all inclusive and affordable for the not so rich and famous!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

4,184 people have reviewed this hotel

1978
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (798)
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We had stayed here last year when it was the Dreams Puerto Vallarta resort. Overall our experience here was very pleasant. It was a very nice resort for it being all inclusive. The food at all of the restaurants was surprisingly very good with plenty of options to choose from. The drinks were always cold. Service was great. They also served top shelf liquor at the majority of the bars on the resort which was a plus for me as I love Jack Daniels. The rooms were clean and spacious. The grounds were very well maintained. Beach was okay nothing out of the ordinary. Pools were always busy however the swim up bars made up for it. I would highly recommend staying here. My only complaint is that it is a long drive to and from the airport.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel property has been our vacation destination for 20+ years. It was originally Camino Real, then Dreams, soon to be Hyatt Ziva. We are anxiously waiting to make a reservation for December just as soon as the hotel permits. We agree with previous posters: the property has traditional old Mexico charm, the beach is wonderful, landscaping is beautiful, and the views of the mountains and jungle are amazing. With all this being said, it is the staff who truly makes the hotel extra special. Please, please keep them on.

Stayed December 2013
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have stayed at the dreams twice in the past two years and out of 11 trips to Mexico, the ones to the Dreams Puerto Vallarta were the best. It is so sad to hear that the resort is changing hands. All of the beautiful old mexican details made the resort so unique and unlike anywhere else I have ever stayed.

As everyone else has said here, the staff was absolutely amazing! They made there job seem like it wasn't a job, and always took it upon themselves to become our friends. Even on my second visit, I was remembered by many, and of course I remembered all of them. I REALLY hope that the new hotel owners bring the Dreams staff back and treat them AMAZINGLY as they are 100% what made the Dreams PV so incredible.

I am very interested to see what they are doing to the resort and I very much so hope they do not ruin the beauty it already held.

Good bye to the resort that holds some of my most amazing vacation memories.. I hope I will be able to return next Spring and see what has been done to the place and the staff. All in all, I truly hope that Hyatt is taking into consideration all of the reviews here on TripAdvisor.

Room Tip: All rooms have an amazing ocean view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Studio City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I have stayed many times at this hotel. Years ago it was known as the Camino Real, then it became the Vallarta Dreams. I have yet to stay there as a HYATT but as long as they keep their staff and operations the same your stay can only be great! Whatever the name this hotel is a winner. Perfect location and the best beach in old Vallarta. My personal favorite hotel in the world.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a great beach view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Stayed at this property while it was a Dreams property. The location was beautiful, beach was gorgeous, and staff is great. I hope the Hyatt keeps the same staff that Dreams had because they are truly excellent. I would recommend the premier tower and an upgrade, the higher the floor, the better. Thank you!

Room Tip: Higher floor, upgraded tower.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

That is a beautiful resort. We came here on a day pass in April and had a great time. They checked our ID at the gate as we entered and we were good to go. Walked by a very busy pool and music playing as we swang to the right and then decided to sit at a more quieter beach. It was wonderful. Service was excellent and the food was VERY GOOD! All of the servers seemed happy and were working hard to please the vacationers. Lots going on there. Only a couple of vendors on the beach and they were not in our face. We ordered some chicken quesadillas and they were done in 5 minutes and yummy. I was impressed. We really enjoyed the relaxation at this resort and being pampered for the day.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta? Share your experiences!