“Almost perfect” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta

You added Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta to your Saves list
Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Barra de Navidad S/N Km. 3.5 | Zona Hotelera Sur, Puerto Vallarta 48300, Mexico (Formerly Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
FREE WI-FI
Ranked #9 of 121 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Maple Grove, Minnesota
“Almost perfect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Arrived at Dream Resort PV on 3/30/14 and were quite wowed with the first sights and greetings by the staff. Check-in was also going great until we stepped into our room #1158 in the preferred club tower. The musty moldy smell was instantly an attention grabber. After a few minutes our nose was stinging and eyes burning. We went back to the desk in our tower to express our concerns. This was a ground level floor at the end of the hallway that was surrounded by other structures. We understand the tropical climate and some smell could be expected, but this room just does not have a chance to breathe and air out. I asked to have a different room in the same class but off the ground level. The staff said there was no rooms open in that class. However, we could up grade to the same style room that included a hot tub on the deck for $300 for our stay. The same upgrade that was offered right up front during our check-even before we stepped in room #1158 I further expressed my concern that we should not have to pay the up charge because our room had a horrible smell. The staff offered to spray some scents and plug in a dehumidifier. I asked to see one of the upgrade room to check out the difference n the smell. They showed us room #1756, and the smell was significantly less...barely anything noticeable. Again, I asked for the change at no charge due to the major difference in smells between the rooms. They stated they could not do it at no charge, but I could use $150 worth of the my $200 coupons against the room upgrade. Not wanting to have the trip start off on a bad note, I agreed with the thought I would bring this to the attention of Apple Vacation in hope of getting this $150 charged credited back to my account. When I signed up for the trip, there was no small print that the resort is great, but you may have a smelly room that will totally ruin your vacation!!! I know the upgrade is a big deal the management pushes at check-in and I assume some people take the up grade. I find it hard to believe there was no the room in our class available with included a total of five floors to my understanding. Also, I asked around and the resort was only at 70 percent capacity during our stay. It was a bummer we had to use most of coupons for the room upgrade as we would have preferred to use them on the other resort items. I hope no else gets stuck in room #1158. All and all, a great time, great food, and great resort staff. I would go to another Dream being this one is going away.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (900)
San Luis Obispo, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

My wife and I just got back from 10 wonderful days at the Dreams in PV. We have been coming at least every other year since 1991 when it was Camino Real with the best restaurant in PV at La Perla. The beach, staff, and proximity to downtown are outstanding. We are not a big fan of AIs but Dreams has been OK. Gregorio, Jose, Eduardo and Norma are now gone for 6 months and we are concerned about the Hyatt renovation ruining the mexican flavor and architecture. Likely we will follow closely others who go there and folks who live in PV and can comment on the new resort. If we do go again, it will be to try and to see what they have done. I hope they don't ruin it! Until then, good luck to all the employees and we hope to see you again soon!

Room Tip: We prefer high up on the south corner of the old tower with a balcony, e.g. #1825, for a spectacular...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Dreams PV comes to an end Apr30 2014. HYATT Hotel Chain take over the property then.
They will close down for Reno and construction of new entrance pool and restaurants , They have plans to open for December 2014 but rem this Mexico so it will,prob still be a construction zone then, Give it while before you rush back.it is Hyatts first All inclusive here in PV new staff and layout will take time to master. The staff have been given walking papers with no severance but a promise of employment in Dec if thy sign up . Many of the familiar faces have moved on !
Bittersweet as the staff that remain to the end have provided excellent service 5star
To new owners Rem it's the people who made this not just the beach. Check out in a year.M.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

So bummed, went every year in Sept-October. Loved this resort. The people, the rooms, the drinks, the food, the adult pool and that great stretch of beach. The food. Everything.

But its changing hands and now its over for us.

Where can I go now in Puerto Vallarta, all inclusive, nice beach, great food and drinks?

Help!!! So many hotels but so many spotty reviews for each in our price range!!! Sucks!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hope, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

This was my first time to Mexico (April 1st-8th 2014) and it was fantastic! The resort was beautiful and clean. The staff was pleasant and helpful, always there if you needed them. I can't say a bad thing about this resort. The food and drinks were plentiful and great. The private beach was beautiful, very relaxing. I wish I would have stayed for 2 weeks not just one. I would love to go back, the only thing is The Hyatt has purchased Dreams. I hope that the keep it the same as it is and keep all the staff. It truly is a great resort and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: We stayed on the older side and had a room on ground level which was great as we had our own little...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Elmhurst, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We ( my and my husband ) been there in April-May 2012 for 7 nights. We have been in many other places ( Cancun, Cozumel, Acapulco, Ocho Rios - Jamaica, Punta Cana, Paradise Island - Bahamas, Europe ), and decided to try Puerto Vallarta. Everything was perfect ( the room, service, food, beach, etc. ). Very friendly staff. We are going to visit this resort at least one more time ( next week we are going back to Cancun - Playa del Carmen after 11 years; maybe next year to Pacific ). Definitely a must go - must see resort.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Cruz, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We had three rooms at Dreams-- two for the adults and one for the teenaged boys. All of our rooms were clean, comfortable, and spacious with beautiful views of the ocean. This resort has its own private beach, so there was really no need for us to leave (although we did go into town to explore one day). The restaurants were decent (3.5 out of 5 stars), but for the convenience of an all-inclusive stay, you can't go wrong. We loved reading on the beach under a cabana and ordering drinks or ice cream to be delivered. The power went out one night and we were surprised that the front desk did not have candles or flash lights, but this is really my only complaint. Overall, we loved our stay there and will return.

Room Tip: Ocean views are worth it!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta? Share your experiences!