My husband and I were unsure what to expect, since this was our first experience with an all-inclusive. We were ultimately extremely pleased. The resort is almost hidden away from downtown Puerto Vallarta (about a ten minute drive - twenty from the airport). You're greeted with a welcome drink and cool, scented towel, and the resort beach is lovely.
We were very surprised and pleased with the quality of the food and the myriad of choices - there are five or six restaurants with different cuisines (Italian, Mexican, seafood, misc.) and only one of them is buffet-style. There were no reservations but we never had to wait. We also had a delicious private 'romantic dinner' on the beach and the setting was breathtaking.
Generally, the resort had a bit of a cruise ship feel, with activities and such. The only negatives were that the beach got crowded (tough to get a chair at peak times) and certain activities filled up quickly. Also, the lobby and pools could use a brush up - they are a bit worn. I actually heard that this resort is closing in the next six months or so (I believe it's been sold) so that may be why it's looking a tiny bit worn. Having said that, however, it's absolutely worth a trip and worth the price. I think it would be particularly good for families or groups of friends, and I would definitely stay in a Dreams property again.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Resort Puerto Vallarta
- Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort Spa
- Dreams Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Dreams Puerto Vallarta Hotel
- Dreams Puerta Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Dreams Hotel