“Dreams is a Dream come true” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta to your Saves list
Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Barra de Navidad S/N Km. 3.5 | Zona Hotelera Sur, Puerto Vallarta 48300, Mexico (Formerly Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa)   |
Whitehorse, Yukon
“Dreams is a Dream come true”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

We spent two weeks at Dreams from Nov. 16 to Nov 30, 2013
The resort has two towers, one is the perferred tower which you can upgrade to for a price (we didnt upgrade) the other tower is around 40 years old, but still in good shape. You have to remember that this is Mexico and things are not as pristine as some may be used to. I had no issues at all.

Upon arrival we were greeted with a glass of champange, check in only took about ten minutes, but there was a large group checking in so it really was speedy. Our room did not have a balcony but that was fine, no need to have one as we were hardly in our room.
The maid for our room was Lupita and she did an awesome job every day, she even lined all our toilitries into three rows largest to smallest, just an extra touch that was appricated.

The hotel offers lots of things to do at the resort, beach volleyball, bingo, poker/blackjack, silly games, spanish lessons, slalsa lessons Jungle tour and so much more. Israel, Oscar and Abel in Recreation/Entertainment were amazing in keeping us entertained and very friendly. I am so happy we had the opportunity to meet them and have them show us so much.

The swim up bar was great, they are very busy and very friendly. Orlando was great, he always remembered our favorite drinks and made suggestions as to what other drinks to try. Ismel (spelling?) was very speedy with service at the pool. Bernardo at the Music/Sports bar was Awesome, we asked him to make us a yummy awesome drink and he did, we called it the Awesome, cause it was Awesome! Thanks Bernardo!

Room service was very speedy and efficent the menu for room service was limited but still good. All the resturants were wonderful Seaside and Oceania were my favorites. The buffect had a great variety of foods and they changed it up often. The omlettes were great! We had Thanksgiving dinner there and it was good, the line up was a little big, but we were patient and still got to eat hot food.

We never used any of our $200 coupons as we did not go to the spa or drink wine. We could have used them to upgrade our room, but we were happy with the room we had. We had a great view of the ocean, but I think all rooms have a great view.

The vendors on the beach were really polite and if you told them No Gracias they did not pester you they just walk away, unlike off resort vendors who keep bugging you to buy, I was thankful they were not pushy. Also the vendors that coem to the resort a few times weekly were very reasonable and very talented, especially the guys who paint with their fingers.

The resort had nighlty entertainment that was enjoyable and the movies on the beach were great!

The beach area was clean and very private the ocean water is warm, the pools were clean but the hot tubs were only luke warm (bathwater warm) I love that they have a Adult only pool as well.

I just love this resort and would go back in a heart beat! The staff there were wonderful and very accomadating and friendly! Abel, Oscar & Israel from entertainemnt, Alex & Bethy from the concierge, Orlando, Ismeal, Bernardo from the bars and Lupita from Housekeeping really made our stay special and I Thank each and everyone of them for their greathospitality!
Gracias from Fleeecy & Paul!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

1982
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (801)
Peel, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

We had stayed at this Htel many times in the past & came back because we think it has the best beach & location in PV. We were surprised by the Dreams all inclusive experience. When they say all inclusive they mean all inclusive. My first pleasant surprise was not even being asked for a credit card upon checking in, everythngi all food & drink, all sports & facilities, all restaurants & drinks are covered, period. What a pleasant surprise! And the quality of the food, drinks, & staff could not be better. Everyone was so pleasant, no hint of soliciting for a tip, in fact, tips were even returned! So not only the most beautiful beach & location in Puerto Vallarta but the absolute best staff and vacation I could imagine. The best.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with AMResorts

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

It is a shame that the bar service is tied to the bar on the review cards you get. We stayed in the preferred suite of this self described 5 star resort (dreams has withdrawn from the actual standard ratings group) and found the best service by far on the whole resort was the staff member who was always available in the preferred club suite lounge. The concierge was constantly pushing timeshare sales (at an expensive resort I find this distasteful) and was not very helpful.

Im not sure what recipes they are using for their cocktails, but they should thrown out. Being that this place is all inclusive, it was one of the items I was most looking forward to. Their bloody marys tasted like squeezed bar rags and they had to be using a very watered down liquor far below what would be considered well in the US.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dreamspv, Quality Control at Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments and experience about your stay with us. We are constantly working to improve our service and facilities and your observations are of great value to us. All your comments will be addressed one by one with each and every one of our managers to take the corrective actions needed and ensure that all our guests take back the best vacations possible.

Please accept our sincere apologies for all your inconveniences and hope to serve you again in the near future.

It is a pleasure!

Esmeralda Alcala
Quality Control
Norman, OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

This was our 43rd vacation at a Mexican resort over the last 21 years. Dreams Puerto Vallarta is aging, but we've not seen a location this beautiful anywhere else. Our experience with the staff was like most of the Mexican resorts we've stayed at- they are wonderful people that do a great job for their guests. Please consider tipping them.

Tip- If you don't sleep extremely soundly, take ear plugs like we do for the inconsiderate people yelling down the hallways late at night or the families early in the morning if you sleep in.

Remember that any review you read is just an opinion and might not be one you share. I paid too much attention to many negative reviews of the Italian restaurant (Portofino) and we almost missed out on the best restaurant at the resort.

Best meal- My wife insists the Romantic dinner on the beach was the best. The salad and soup were fantastic and it included a very good lobster and steak. My vote was for our dinner at Portofino. My wife had a great pear salad and great steak. I could smell my fantastic seafood salad well before the waiter got it to the table. The prosciutto wrapped scallops with shrimp that I had were great.

Best seafood- Portofino's had the best for my meals, followed closely by El Patio with Oceana not far behind. We loved the cheese melted over the lava stone at the table at El Patio.

Best steak- We only tried the tenderloin filet, but it was such a good cut of meat that it was almost ruined when cooked medium. As much as I love fresh seafood, I wished that I had tried more filet's and less cooked than my normal medium rare. Seaside was best for the filet's, followed by Portofino and Oceana.

We loved having specialty coffees and pastries in the early morning followed by a leisurely breakfast on the beach at Oceana. Lunch at Seaside was super with the large menu. Our dinners at the four restaurants were all great. We are so happy that, in spite of negative reviews, we had one meal at Portofino's.

We very much enjoyed white chocolate martini's before and after dinner at the lobby bar.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed nov 9-16 everything was excellent slight mix up at checking not the hotels fault but they fixed it right away. We were treat great by every one shout out to Abel and israel for going the extra mile to make us fell welcome. Vanessa in the lobby bar who always served us with a smile she even gave my wife the recipe for the special olives thank you. And victor at the beach bar for the great service bringing us drinks before we could order by the second day they were calling him uncle. My 15 month grandson sure liked victor. And bethy for the special treatment and having the room done up for my birthday. The food was great the service was great where ever we went on the resort had a great and relaxed holiday of no worries also Javier in the world cafe for the great breakfast service every morning we will be back for sure miss everyone

• Stayed November 2013
Nanaimo, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I am a travel agent in Canada, I have been to Barceló PV, Riu Vallarta, Riu Jalisco, marival and Decameron. This hotel hands down is the best hotel in PV. Staff - AMAZING... Food - AMAZING, Kids club- AMAZING, Beach-AMAZING, Preferrred Tower, beds comfy, not hard, awesome views of everything.
Valeria in the concierge at Preferred Tower was so helpful, The 4 ladies at the "explorers club"-Kids club, my children have not stopped talking about.
The dinners on the beach, the food the ambiance. We will be back!!!!
The only down side is if you are "POOL" Only people the pool is small, but still a good time.

Room Tip: Book in Preferred tower to get the best rooms and amenities