“A Perfect Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta to your Saves list
Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Barra de Navidad S/N Km. 3.5 | Zona Hotelera Sur, Puerto Vallarta 48300, Mexico (Formerly Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa)   |
Calgary, Canada
“A Perfect Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

My friend and I stayed at Dreams Puerto Vallarta from August 10-17 2013. From the moment we arrived and received beverages and face towels while checking in to our very last meal during which Carlos, our server at the Seaside Grill, brought us out a beautifully decorated dessert with "Have a Nice Trip" written on the plate in chocolate, our stay was fantastic.

The food at their numerous restaurants (none of which required a reservation) was all fantastic. The drinks were exceptional; try the Dirty Monkey for a nice banana, chocolate, Kahlua treat.

We went to a few shows at the resort, which were all well done. The Caribbean Night featured bright costumes and energetic dancers, the Mexican Fiesta performances were equally well done. The Fire Show was fantastic, but was unfortunately held inside due to the rain. I would suggest, if you travel during the rainy season, arriving to the show early as the dancers at the inside venue (lobby) are below the chairs for the audience and you will want to be in the first two rows in order to see it fully.

As a whole, don't be afraid to go during their rainy season (summer) as it only really rained for about an hour or so in the evenings. We still had plenty of time for the ocean and pool. My friend and I preferred the adult infinity pool to the main pool. There was a bar right next to it, and a fantastic server who brought us drinks right to the pool. We enjoyed the more relaxed environment around it to the busier main pool where you could drink directly at the bar.

Another thing you should know...we had booked a Deluxe Balcony room in the main tower. It turned out that these rooms do not come with two double beds, so my friend and I had to choose between a room without a balcony in the main building or a room with a balcony for a slightly higher fee in the Preferred Tower. We opted for the upgrade and the room (1551) was fantastic.

They have a courtesy room you can change and shower in if you arrive before check-in or depart after check-out. This gave us the opportunity to see the older tower too. In terms of room selection, I feel that it is up to personal preference. If you want two beds with a balcony, you'll have to book in the Preferred Tower. If you want one king size bed with a balcony, you can choose either. The Preferred Tower is roomier and newer, but both towers are well maintained. The Preferred Tower is closer to the adult-only Infinity Pool, and the Main Tower is closer to the family pool (with the swim-up bar). All rooms have a great ocean-view.

I would not hesitate in recommending Dreams for your stay in Puerto Vallarta. I'm already trying to see when I can return.

Room Tip: In terms of room selection, I feel that it is up to personal preference. If you want two beds with...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

4,180 people have reviewed this hotel

1976
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (798)
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

This was our first trip to Dreams in Puerto Vallarta. Our check in was not very smooth, the room they gave us was not the room we had booked. We ended up paying for a room with balcony and didn't get a balcony :(. We were there July 20-27 we caught some of the best lightning shows and heard some of the loudest thunder which was really cool. It only rained 2 days that we were there and not for long maybe 45min. It was really humid so the rain was really refreshing. The resort was really nice and well maintained at all times. The private beach was really great. The food in the buffet was not that great but the restaurants definitely made up for it. It would have been nice if the resort was more livelier. It seemed like after 8pm every night the resort was completely quiet and seemed abandoned. I believe the nightly entertainment could be way better. Even the bars on this resort played no music. The staff were only helpful and cared if you tipped so we had no problem. After much hesitation we still decided to visit the town. The people of the town are like vultures, rude and extremely pushy. Save yourself time and headache, get whatever you need from the souvenir shop on the resorts its much cheaper and less hassle. Its more family oriented resort then for couples. I would recommend this resort to families with kids!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This is my husband's and my second trip to Dreams PV. We were there on a vacation prior to getting married and loved it so much that we decided to get married at Dreams. We got married August 15 and I can't imagine a more perfect wedding. The service, food and photography were outstanding. Fatima, the event planner, had everything organized. She had our outfits pressed and waiting in the room the day of the wedding. Since it is the rainy season, Fatima kept informing us of the weather and asked if we wanted to make any changes and made sure there was a Plan "B"… just in case. Lili was the photographer and I can't say enough about her. She is awesome. As I show friends pictures, they can't believe the picture is real. She got some outstanding photos that will be cherished always. Julio was our server (the cocktails and reception were on the terrace). He was very attentive. We had someone with dietary restrictions and he made sure her dish was prepared to fit her needs. We cannot wait to go back. I highly recommend this place for couples or families. There is something for everyone. There are a ton of kid’s activities and an infinity pool for only adults. All of the restaurants are incredible and you don’t need a reservation (unlike some all inclusive). Truly amazing.

Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Where to start.....this was a fantastic holiday. We were at Dreams the week of August 10-17. I was concerned about the weather at this time of year, being the rainy season. I watched the weather forecasts leading up to this week and was a little worried we would get rained out. Well that definitely was not the case. All I can say is HOT, HOT, HOT. It would rain in the early evening, 7-8 pm. The weather is quite humid, and the ocean and pools are very, very warm.

I have never been to PV before so I did not know what the airport would be like. Very nice and efficient. But beware of the time share people as you are leaving the airport. One of them actually said to my husband that he needed to see his travel documents. NOT!!! We just kept going and saw our West Jet rep.

The transfer to the hotel was very quick, about a half hour. Nice roads and a little scenic. Dreams is located on the very south side of PV, away from the downtown and busy areas. It is gated all the way around it and it is a private beach. No one but the guests can get on it. NICE!!!!

The resort it self is fabulous. The beach is 500 meters long. A great size. We would walk it back and forth a couple times in the morning and night. Lots of palapas, never worried about getting one. Pools are a little small, and it the spots would get taken up quite quickly, although we always could find one no matter what time of day. There are 3 pools, adult pool, main pool, and quite pool. Main pool is very busy with families. The quite pool was in a shaded area which we enjoyed for a reprieve from the heat.

The food.....FANTASTIC!!!! We could not believe how good it was. I could write about each one, but it would be lengthy, so I will just say, you can not have a bad meal here.

We stayed in the Preferred Tower which was well worth it. The little extras are worth it. Free wifi, open bar in lobby, all day appetizers, premium liquors, corona beer in room fridge, unlimited towels, free room service, etc, etc, etc.

Staff there is absolutely amazing. Everybody is so friendly and wanting to make your vacation the best ever, and they did. Ismael at the Barracuda Bar looked after our family all week and he was outstanding. We never wanted for anything. He even looked out for our 12 year old, making sure he always had something to drink and would make special ones for him. Oscar from the Entertainment team was superb as well. He took us on the jungle trek (which is amazing and a must, as long as you are able to swim, and hike and climb over rocks). He was always looking out for us and would great us with a smile and made sure we felt welcome. He made sure that my son got to take part in the turtle releases. (2 of them).

I could go on and on and on....but I just can not but it all into words. So I will just some it up by saying this was a fantastic vacation and I would highly recommend this resort to anyone and we will definitely be going back.

Room Tip: Stayed in rm 1256 of the Preferred Tower and it was perfect. Do not be worried about lower rooms, st...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Medicine Hat, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Fantastic resort, great location terrific staff a well rated 5 star.went Aug 8 to Aug 16 2013. the beach is beautiful white sand no rocks has to be the best in pv the staff are always ready to help
with a ready smile. i would recommend this resort for any family

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Sioux City, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

My wife and I have the opportunity to visit the Dreams resort and Spa in Puerto Vallarta a couple of weeks ago. We were picked up at the airport and dropped off at the gated resort. They met us at the entrance with a glass of champagne. After a long flight it hit the spot. Dreams is an all inclusive resort that really caters to their customers. I am not sure that I have ever stayed at a resort that is more into providing top notched customers service. The have two seafood restaurants that serve very fresh seafood and their presentation and service is perfect. They also have a upscale Mexican restaurant and a very nice Italian restaurant. Appetizers include ceviche, escargot, and a nice variety of other options. I know the fish is very fresh because I watched the fisherman sell their catch to the restaurant. If you go fishing, the chef will prepare your catch at no additional cost. The facility also has a restaurant/buffet that include a large selection of very tasty choices. All in all I would rate the food 5 star. there are many activities to fill you day or the day of your children. It was sea turtle season and the females were coming in at night to lay their eggs. 45 days later they allow the children to release the baby turtles. Every night the hotel offers a nice activity such as fire dancing, Mexican festival or other fun things. The beach is beautiful and every room has an ocean view. We kept our door open every night and fell asleep to the sound of the waves on the shore. There were plenty of cabanas, so it was no problem to have your own cabana to protect you from the Mexican sun. The offer activities during the day such as water aerobics, beach yoga, kayak fishing etc. My only advice would be to walk directly through the airport to avoid the snake pit of people offering to help you get your ride to the resort, but actually were just trying to sign you up for a time share presentation. They were resentless and very pushy. Obviously this had nothing to do with the hotel, but as in many tourist areas, getting out of the airport can be tricky. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel to someone looking for a classy operation, with the best customer service I have seen. Great food and beautiful sunsets.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good
Brier, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This was our second time at Dreams and it was even better than the first time we visited two years ago! Not only is their private beach great, but what sets them apart is their people...everyone goes out of their way to make your stay an awesome one, and having great food is another plus! Overall, we had another great time! Thank you Dreams Resorts!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta? Share your experiences!