“Wonderful Vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta

You added Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta to your Saves list
Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Barra de Navidad S/N Km. 3.5 | Zona Hotelera Sur, Puerto Vallarta 48390, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Big Fall Savings!
Ranked #16 of 124 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Pasadena, California
“Wonderful Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

This was my second time at Dreams. Stayed in 8/31/2011 with girlfriends and had a wonderful time. Returned 6/21/2013 to celebrate my husbands birthday. I must say, this stay was better than the first. My husband had a wonderful time. Everything was great. It's rainy season, so it rained everyday at about 5pm... We even enjoyed the rain. We stayed in the Preferred Tower and there was as much premium liquor as you wanted. The $200.00 coupons are assigned, so you don't get to use them as you choose at the resort. We used the spa, which was very nice, so we were able to use $40 in coupons per treatment. A treatment for 140.00 will cost $100. You are not able to apply all your coupons to one treatment which I didn't like.... I got over it and ended up getting 3 treatments. The other coupons assigned to wine and a romantic dinner went to waste.... The coupons are a scam, so don't get excited about it..... If you decide to do a Timeshare presentation don't do Vida.. Mayan Resort. It is pure Hell! They will pick you up and take you about 20 miles from Dreams and hold you hostage 4 to 5 hours... It could have ruined my trip! Avoid it!...
I will return to Dream because I have a Great experience!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (987)
Costa Mesa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We are huge Mexican travelers and love visiting all inclusive resorts across the Caribbean and Pacific. This resort was great through and through. I first recommend Orlando "Magic" Sanchez and Manuel for a fishing/snorkeling excursion. Sign up on the beach with them, not in the hotel. It's less expensive than the excursions, trust me. The restaurants were fantastic. For being all-inclusive, we thought this was one of the best food resorts we've been to. Seaside Grill was the best, they even made my wife's birthday super special by singing to her and customizing a dessert. The entertainment was pretty incredible. There was a magician that I was blown away by... I was even invited on stage and still couldn't figure it out. The fire show on the beach was spectacular. None of the entertainment was cheezy, it was all great. Overall, I'd visit another Dreams resort again and plan on doing so. Money well spent.

Port Coquitlam, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed here 2 weeks last year. This year was our second trip there but things had changed. On at least two occasions there was no wine at the rendezvous bar.The toilet was not working when we arrived and it took two calls to get it fixed . The advertised "premium" liquors and beer were basically non-existent but some people were getting it by some special arrangement?? A woman's swimsuit went missing from our room as well as a gold ring that admittedly should have been in the safe. We wrote out complaints of the items that went missing but did not get a copy for insurance. When asked for it later they dragged their feet until it was too late to claim. All in all it is not worth the extra money and they are not providing what they advertise. Even the staff expressed frustration to us as they could not give customers what they asked for.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Family vacation from June 15-22 with my family of three and three other families. The resort is beatiful with just about the best beach I have ever stayed on. The cliffs on either end of the beach make it truly private with only a few solicitors wandering the sand. All of them were very friendly and not pushy. Our room in the preferred tower was great with spectacular views of the beach and Banderas bay. Rooms was clean and comfortable, although the roll away bed delivered for my 10 year old son must have been delivered directly from some midevil torture chamber - he ended up sleeping on the couch and was fine with it. The minibar was restocked daily with beer, water and sodas. The food was really good. We ate breakfast mostly at the world cafe but also Oceana. Both were top notch. Lunch at seaside grill with the aquachiles ceviche and fish tacos was awesome. Also had burgers and chicken tacos from the beach grill. My favorite dinner spot was El Patio - authentic and delicious mexican food (melted cheese app and chicken mole are worth mentioning). The dinner at portofino was good, but the setting was lacking and who wants italian food while in Mexico.

My only complaints with this place were the rudeness and all around grumpiness of the pool bar staff. These guys seemed to take thier pissed off pills every morning and were experts at ignoring you as you stood their, sometimes for 20+ minutes to get a drink. Seems like it could be a fun job, but for the most part, these guys were jerks that preferred to busy themselves doing nonsensical [--] instead of pouring beers. Even saw the bartender yell at a guy for not finishing his drink. Bar staff everywhere else was great. Also took issue with the kayak rental guys. Seems there was a different excuse every time we wanted to go out (not enough paddles, not enough life jackets, too windy, too rough, too close to closing time). When we finally did go out I got a good dose of attitude from the guy running it and then he is waving us back into the beach after only about 15 minutes in the water. I never did see anyone doing the rock climbing/repelling.

If I were to return to Dreams PV I'd probably limit my stay to 4-5 days and then do an additional 3-4 days elsewhere. The all-inclusive approach is great, but after several days of it a change of pace would have been good. My 10 year old son had the time of his life, and my wife and I had a great time too.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Family vacation from June 15-22.
Did not pay too much since rainy season begins at the end of the month. Some gray skies, overcast once in a while, rained twice but still PLENTY OF SUNSHINE!
Breakfast at world cafe was always the best meal of the day! And you must make an effort to at least try all the ala carte restaurants.
Staff were very friendly and I cant say enough about the Entertainment team!
They go over and above to make your stay a pleasant one without ever leaving the resort! Freddy and The "rock climbing guy" were my favourite!

My only complaint is that the Pools could use some cleaning throughout the day! They aren't like the big ones I'm used to having been to resorts in the Mayan Riviera..they are smaller and I think would benefit from more frequent cleanings.

That main pool and Barracuda swim up bar itself got pretty dirty and my mom even got stung by a bee because of all syrup they were attracted to? ..She's terrified of them but good thing she wasnt allergic.. Lots of bees! Hopefully they can do something about that..
Anyways they weren't kidding about "every room is ocean view"! Stayed in the older tower but room was still decent and cleaned twice a day!(morning and turn down service)
The private beach front was perfect! Few solicitors who were friendly and never pushy.

If you are in Puerto Vallarta this Resort is the one to go to!

• Stayed June 2013
San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

This was our first time at an all inclusive resort. It was a very luxurious experience compared to my other travels. Basically, there motto was “If it’s taking a while, please let us fill your glass”. It took a while to receive food and room service, but in the mean time they would refill your wine frequently and stock our mini fridge. It was not something that upset us. The food had smaller portions but I think this is to reduce waste. I personally, liked the smaller portions. It allowed me to try an appetizer, main and dessert without feeling too gluttonous. The buffet was good. I would say on the same level as a cruise buffet. They had lots of actives to do/try. The drinks were great. We saw reviews about the bars getting crowded but we did not have this problem. We could handle the 5 minute wait. The room was spacious and had a great view. It was very easy to just stay at the resort all day. They had local boats come to shore and offer excursions to the dive/snorkel sites. We booked from a dive shop in town. It ended up being more hassle. Getting to town from the resort is about $18 USD round trip. The taxi took us to the wrong pier even though we asked for the dive shop. Which leads to the only problem we had…getting to town. We heard there was a shuttle that was only $6.50 USD; there was none. It was difficult getting to local bus routes so we had to rely on taxis. But since it is more south it is closer to the botanical gardens and the zoo. If you want to be away from the hustle and bustle of the city then I recommend this location. Nonetheless we enjoyed our stay very much and would return.

british columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Dreams 8th to 15th June in room 2001 which is in the older Dreams Tower. Spacious top floor room with a balcony.....amazing views but you can see and hear the road....not a problem to us as the sound of the ocean is far louder than the road. Patricia our maid did a wonderful job at keeping the room clean. Thank-you for the rose in the glass :-) . Mini bar stocked with my requested extra bottles of water daily along with the regular bottles of corona and coke. Room service prompt, most we waited was 25 mins, quality good (not quite to the restaurant standards but still very good) waiters took the time to lay the table for you, a nice touch.
We spent most of our time on the beach and loved every min of it.....we drank many wonderful G&T's which were served to us on a tray.....makes you feel like a millionaire! The beach vendors were fun to deal with and very polite and repectful....no unwanted pestering, a simple 'no thanks' was all that was required. We only swam in the smaller pool for a short time each day, usually late afternoon as there was very limited seating and during the day all were usually taken, hotel seemed to be at 50% capacity so it must be even harder to find a lounger during peak season. We witnessed a poor waiter nearly fall as his foot went through the concrete pool surround!!! The pools could definitely benefit from a little tlc.
The staff, the ambience, the hotel facilities all excellent......we definitely plan to return.
Tipping.....not expected but gratefully received. The staff as said earlier do an amazing job and if it helps this is how we tipped.....$2 our room maid, $1 young lad who filled the room mini bar, room service $2, breakfast and lunch meals $2, evening meal $5 and $1 to the beach servers and internet cafe barista (great espresso coffee drinks).
Upon check out we sat waiting for our airport transport and was approached by Heather who asked if we had had a nice holiday and whether we had any comments or suggestions for improvements. We said free wifi should be offered and she advised that the hotel will be introducing this and that the hotel takes guests suggestions and concerns seriously......every trip advisor review is read. Thanks Heather for the chat (we're the British couple living in Canada) it was a lovely way to end our time at Dreams.