“Amazing Resort!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Barra de Navidad S/N Km. 3.5 | Zona Hotelera Sur, Puerto Vallarta 48300, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to $350 Air Credit!
Ranked #5 of 120 hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Calgary, Canada
“Amazing Resort!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

This was my first ever stay at a resort and I was blown away! The services offered, like no reservations for restaurants and 24 hour free room service were AMAZING!! The staff were all so friendly and helpful, my Fiance and I went for our belated 8yr anniversary and we got a plate of fruit and bottle of complimentary champagne available to us when we wanted it brought to our room!

Our room was amazing, Kingsized bed fluffy pillows and every room has an ocean view! the grounds were kept beautifully, lots of flowers and shrubbery so it felt very tropical. Teh entire resort is gated and the beach is private so we felt so safe and we weren't hassled by tons of vendors, they did have a few vendors roaming the beach but they were very polite and didn't bother you if you just said no thanks etc.

We loved that the portions at the resort weren't huge and the food was fresh and light, we ate at restaurants almost every meal only eating buffet 3 times...which was also so yummy! We enjoyed quite a bit of room service too lol!

I will add more soon!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor and it was great, the rooms were quiet and all rooms in the resort face t...

4,146 people have reviewed this hotel

1957
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (787)
Sunnyvale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Beautiful. Clean. Friendly. Fun, Fun, Fun.

The standard rooms are very very nice. However a ceiling fan would be nicer. The Maids kept the room spotless and comfortable. The dining options were also very good. Oceana was the best, or maybe it was Portofino? I can't chose. The bars were great, especially the Manatee. Those guys rock. Service was great.

Entertainment was very cool. The carribeen and Mexican nights were fun. We meet some really great Canadian folks and had a really good time with them.

All in all we would have to give Dreams a 9.5 out of 10. We love this place and hope to return next year.

Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

My husband and I chose Dreams PV for our belated honeymoon and we had a wonderful stay 4/14--4/20. We've traveled extensively through the carribbean and this was our first trip on the Pacific side. While the water isn't as breathtaking, I did enjoy the waves! I much prefer the sunrise and sunset (8:30) times of the Pacific. It's nice to sleep in on vacation and that was easy, seeing how comfortable our King bed was. On most vacations, toward the end of our stay, I'll comment on how excited I'll be to sleep in my own bed. Honestly, I'd take that Dreams bed over ours in a hearbeat. We stayed in RM 1925 of the old tower. It's dated, not in the decor, but in the finishings. None of which bothered me in the least. This is the smallest resort I've stayed at and found I prefer it that way. No fighting for chairs, short walk back to the room, and no reservations. We only had to wait for dinner once (10 minutes) at the a la cartes and they gave us a buzzer.

Food:
The a la carte restaurants were great. The best I've experience at and AI resort. Portofino being the best and Seaside a close second. The portobello mushrooms at Porttofino are DELICIOUS! At Seaside, the Cream of Mushroom soup and the Argentinian steak are not to be missed. I'm one of the rare people who actually like buffets and this one was just OK. The made-to-order stations are your best bet. The woman who attends the omlet station works her butt off and smiles the entire time. She does great over-easy eggs too. Tucked away near Oceana is a snack shack where we ate most of our lunches. Good cheeseburgers and hotdogs. PS: I'm still craving their chips, guac and pico.

BEACH:
Believe what you read. It's beautiful! Soft sand and I found the waves to be a bonus. My husband and I partook in kayaking, boogy-boarding and the slide achored out in the ocean. FYI: You need 2 people holding down each slide while one person climbs.

SPA:
We purchased a couples massage on the terrace. It's overpriced ($135 p/p for 50 min) but , this being our honeymoon we wanted to splurge. We both enjoyed our massages as did many other guests we spoke to. They allow you to use the spa ammenities for either an hour before or after your scheduled service.

ACTIVITIES:
Jungle hike was easy for us (late 30's) and worth the hr round trip. We played a lot of beach volleyball. The skill level varied, but was always fun. Through Orlando on the beach, we rented a boat and captain (Tony) for just ourselves to sight-see, snorkel, fish...and I thought check out Hidden Beach. This was the only down-side to our vacation. I spoke at length with Orlando and made very clear that I wanted to see Hidden Beach. From reading reviews, I knew they needed special permits and he assured me yes, they had it. After snorkeling around Los Arcos, I asked Tony how far away Hidden Beach was and he said, "huh?" I explained myself and he said, "oh no, we can't go there, we don't have permits and it's quite far away." Tony himself was wonderful and I hope had nothing to do with the, I'll say scam. Once back at Dreams I sought out Orlando and of course he played dumb asking "what is Hidden Beach?" He works in the tourism business, he knows darn well what Hidden Beach is. I suggest going with a tour company and be specific that you want to see the Hidden Beach on Marietas Isalnd.

TOWN:
We went into town several times to mix up the atmosphere. Some friends we made joined the entertainment staff on their nightly trips to clubs and enjoyed the experience.

On top of a wonderful resort we met a lot of great people who also contributed to us having an excellent vacation/honeymoon. Muchas Gracias to all!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dreamspv, Quality Control at Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your stay with us. We really appreciate your comments; and I can assure you that all of them are seriously taken in consideration in order to improve our service.

I thank you for having booked at Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa and hope to host you again soon.

It is a pleasure!

Esmeralda Alcala
Quality Control
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

The moment we arrived, I was handed a glass of champage, and Eduardo at the front desk "welcomed me home", I knew this vacation would be just as great as our previous ones!

We returned to Dreams for the 4th time, and each visit just gets better and better. They do it right - from no wrist bands, no towel cards, and no restaurant reservations. They value their guest and go out of their way to ensure you stay is excellent.

We stayed in the Preferred Tower (all other visits we stayed in the Dreams Tower), and thoroughly enjoyed the private lounge. Sergio would make me a vanilla cappuchino, as soon as he saw me. That is what you will find from all the staff - they remember you!

The food options are plentiful. You can eat at the buffet, or order off a menu at one of the restaurants for breakfast, lunch and dinner. You can even order room service (24 hrs a day), if you want to just relax on your balcony. And then there is the CoCo Cafe for coffee, frapachinos and snacks served all day.

You will find all the staff to be professional and friendly. A very special shout out to Susanna, Gilberto and Samuel - these 3 made our stay extraordinary! And of course to Esquiel, thanks for making us as welcomed as you did!!!

The managers here, are all very accessible and care about their guest, and I applaud them for that. I have found that in other resorts, managers hide in their offices, but that is not the case here. They are approachable and easy to talk to and they want to hear how they are doing.

You will not be disappointed with your stay here at Dreams! Every aspect of the resort is spectacular and the entire staff goes beyond the call of duty to welcome you and make you feel at home. I can't wait for our next visit!

Room Tip: Have stayed in both towers, and I don't have a preference. All have the same room amenities and...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice comments. I am honoured to know that we played a significant role in making your visit here a memorable one. We sincerely appreciate you mentioning the employees that contributed to your outstanding experience with us. (Eduardo, Sergio, Susanna, Gilberto, Samuel and Ezequiel).

I thank you for having booked at Dreams Puerto Vallarta and will look forward to seeing you here for the 5th time.

It is a pleasure!

Esmeralda Alcala
Quality Control
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I went to dreams with a group of 28 for a wedding. The resort is quaint and beautiful.

Wedding ceremony: everything was amazing - except that they shut us down at 10:30pm. Since it was so early and the wedding party was just getting started we all went over to the sports bar, thankfully they let us play our music because their music isn't that great.

Rooms: are really nice, everyone gets a beach front room with a beautiful view. The beds are comfortable, shower has good pressure, they're really clean. Free room service and they stalk the mini bar daily - you don't run out of water! which is nice, some resorts bottled water is hard to get.

Beach: beautiful private beach sandwiched in between mountains. I found the sand is a lot finer there than most other places in Mexico, it wasn't rocky. The water is beautiful, it's a bit wavy but I loved it, perfect for boogie boarding.There are a lot of locals walking around selling random things, that got a bit annoying after a day or two, they can be very persistent.
A complaint I do have about the beach is that a few times I went in the water and i'd get back to my chair and my towel was gone. When I have my towel laid out on my chair and my hat, bag, etc is there... it's kind of obvious that i'm still using it? But other than that it's nice that they pick up towels, unlike most resorts you don't have to wake up at the crack of dawn to go pick your seats at the beach.

Buffet: the selection is a bit lacking but what they do offer is fantastic.

A la cartes: it's great you can go to any a la carte without reservations. The seaside grill has an excellent lunch menu, I definitely recommend checking it out. Their dinner menu is good as well, serve steaks, chicken, seafood, etc. The service was a bit slow when we went for dinner.
The Mexican restaurant was really good, you have to get the cheese appetizer, it's so delicious! The service was fantastic.
The Italian a la carte was excellent, it's my favorite one.
I can't really comment on the seafood a la carte because I don't eat fish but the steak was good.

Hot tubs: there are three of them - one at each pool. They are nice, however, they get really dirty. The one at the infinity pool was the worst, you see chunks of dirt floating around and when we got out we were covered in black stuff. So its kind of gross... they need better filtration systems.

We rented a sail boat and went to the Mariatas Islands, I'd recommend a catamaran, they move a bit faster than the sail boat. The islands are covered in bird poo, they're pretty smelly but so nice! The snorkeling itsn't that awesome, the water is a bit murky so it's hard to see. After you finish snorkeling you swim through a cave - it's not dark and scary, your head stays above water, the current is a bit strong so you have to swim hard. Once you're through it's a beautiful beach in the middle of the island, it's really cool. I highly recommend going there.

The staff was friendly, the food was great, drinks were good. I highly recommend this resort.

Room Tip: All rooms face the beach so you can't go wrong. The higher the better, the ground floor rooms do...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Fort St. John
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We recently stayed for two weeks at Dreams PV with our 8 month old daughter. We booked a room in the preffered tower and it was very nice. We even used the balcony jacuzzi 4 times. Most of the time when we travel to mexico we are ready to go home by day 11 but this time I would of been happy to stay another week. We spent most of our time by the pool under an umbrella but between my husband and I one of us was always able to get some sun or take part in the daily activies(there are many). My daughter loved the pool, walking on the beach and getting her feet wet in the waves or just strolling around the resort enjoying the attention she received from fellow guests and employees. The food was great! We mostly ate at the buffet(more variety) but the baby ate lots of the food(avacado,veggies, fruit, rice, bread, etc) We all drank the water and it was excellent. The water they serve in the restaraunts or anywhere for that matter is from larger bottles. Not sure about the ice but we had lots and survived fine. Did I mention the food was incredible at the buffet. We stayed on the 9th floor in the PT and the view was amazing. The housekeepers do a fantastic job. Thank you Yolanda!!
Also Sergio the coffee house runner in the PT did an amazing job making cappaccino every morning and was always a pleasure to be around.
We would definitely return to this resort again. Maybe when the kidlets are old enough to join the explorers club!
:)) Feel free to ask questions

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Our first visit to Dreams in PV and it was definitely an upgrade from other hotels in Mexico. The main thing it has going for it is the location which is stunning. It's the only resort on a 1/2 km stretch of flat beach with a great surf. I could have spent all day enjoying the view from our room. The grounds are beautifully maintained and I would have loved a tour from the gardener.
We stayed in the old tower. The rooms were pretty standard, everything worked and the maids did a great job keeping it clean. I really like the Dreams bathroom amenities and sunscreen (which is the only one the kids will put on their faces without a fight). The only thing we missed was a balcony. I think in the old tower only the king rooms have one. We may upgrade next time just for a balcony.
The food was great. Ironically, the only food that was less than great was the Mexican restaurant. The food at Portofino was fantastic. I lived on fruit, salad, fish, prawn cocktails, steak and mexican. The Mexican night on the beach was a highlight, very yummy guava margaritas. The service at all restaurants was good and the waiters were very patient with our attempts to speak Spanish. I had no complaints about food but I went there expecting an all inclusive not a relais and chateaux grand chefs retreat. We came via California and the food was better than any of the recommended restaurants we went to in Carlsbad or San Diego.
Our kids enjoyed the movies on the beach the pools and especially laser tag. Our eldest (10) soon tired of kids club but our 8 year old loved it. The surf was too much for the 8 year old but the rest of us really enjoyed boogie boarding.
The biggest down side was the spring breakers from Chicago others have complained about, the Frankel group. Some of the 18ish boys behaved like complete boors. Their parents were nowhere to be found. Apparently it was the job of other guests and hotel staff to parent them. I finally called one of them out at Seaside Grill at lunch about his language. My message to them is next time go stay at a party hotel.
Other complaints were minor and easily remedied. When we first checked in we didn't have bathrobes and bathroom amenities which I knew about having stayed at other Dreams resorts. A phone call took care of that. I didn't like being referred to the time share people right after check in. I have no intention of buying a time share and don't care about the coupons. Lastly the gym needed better air conditioning. When it was full it was really hot.
All in all a great relaxing vacation and we will definitely be back.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!