We chose Puerto Vallarta for this year's holiday on the recommendation of our son and his wife who has been there many times. We picked Dreams as a place to stay on the basis of TripAdvisor reviews.
We were not disappointed in either of our choices. Puerto Vallarta is a great destination if you want more than a sunny beach, and Dreams provides a great all-inclusive experience.
The main positives were the secluded, yet close to town, setting, our rooms, and the excellent food. We had originally booked a room with balcony in the older tower, but upgraded to the Preferred Tower on arrival (by using our package credits, it cost us a bit less than if we had chosen it originally). We were on the second floor and didn't have a jacuzzi, but the room and balcony were very large. It was a very nice place to be, and the view (including whales and dolphins in the bay) was excellent. We ate at all the restaurants and thought Portofino and the Seaside Grill were the best for dinner. The buffet style World Cafe became our favourite for breakfast and lunch because of the wide selection of food and the opportunity to choose exactly what you wanted.
The negatives we experienced were a very spotty wifi (that they say they are in the process of upgrading) and a lax enforcement of the stated non-smoking rules. In addition, our room was very close to the adult pool, which was occupied by loud, well-lubricated guests a couple of late evenings.
As other reviewers have said, the staff are all very friendly and helpful and, although there were time-share VIP desks in evidence, there was very little pressure. Perhaps the strongest recommendation for the resort was the number of people we met who had been coming back regularly for years. One such couple told us they liked both the older and the preferred towers, so we are not quite sure our upgrade was worth the money.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Low Cost Holidays, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Otel, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Resort Puerto Vallarta
- Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort Spa
- Dreams Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Dreams Puerto Vallarta Hotel
- Dreams Puerta Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Dreams Hotel