We just returned home from the Dreams on Saturday !
My husband and I plus two other couples were in the older tower on the 4th floor and had a great view as all face the ocean but some lower rooms would not have a good view.. The rooms are pretty basic in this tower but they are clean and the bed and pillows were very comfortable - not hard like a lot of the places we have stayed. We never spend a lot of time in the room so we did not feel the need to upgrade to the preferred tower.
We arrived after 4 in the morning as our plane was delayed so check in was quick with just the 6 of us. There is 24 hour room service and we took advantage of it and ordered some beer, wings and tacos, as we were hungry.
The food was good no matter where we ate, although we liked the Oceana and the Seaside Grill the best. There is a great a good selection at the buffet and you would have to be real picky if you can not find anything you like. Also there is no reservations at the al la cartes which was wonderful. We did not have any waiting at any of them although we were told there sometimes is.
The beach is private so you can't walk for a long ways which I like to do. There were always lots of palapa and loungers. There is no towel cards and you are not allowed to save loungers - towels are taken off them if no one is around them after an hour. There are vendors on the beach but they do not bother you. We spent time at the swim up bar and pool -- they made the best dirty monkeys!
The entertainment in the lounge was not great while we were there, and not enough seating. They closed at 1:00 and the Sports bar (which only had chairs - not tables) closed at 2:00. We would have liked a place where we could sit and play cards. They did have a fire show which was very good and a Mexican show which we only saw part of as we had to pack to leave that night.
We did have to get a taxi to go off the resort. With the 6 of us, it was $10.00 american each way to go to the malecon and $24.00 to go to the marina. It would have been less for 4 people.
We found everyone very friendly and enjoyed our stay.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Puerto Vallarta
- Dreams Hotel
- Puerto Vallarta Dreams
- Dreams Resort Puerto Vallarta
- Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort Spa
- Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort
- Dreams Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Dreams Puerto Vallarta Hotel
- Dreams Puerta Vallarta
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Amex, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, BookIt.com, Otel, MexVax, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.