“Relaxing and Private” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta

You added Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta to your Saves list
Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Barra de Navidad S/N Km. 3.5 | Zona Hotelera Sur, Puerto Vallarta 48300, Mexico (Formerly Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #8 of 120 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Rocklin, California
“Relaxing and Private”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

My Husband and I really enjoyed our stay at this Resort! It is an older resort (two large buildings). One side is totally renovated (more expensive to stay) and the other side is not (cheaper to stay). I would suggest paying the extra money right from the start (when you initially make the reservation). If you wait to upgrade when you arrive, you may not get the nicer room for your whole stay. However, if you are on a budget, staying on the cheaper side still allows you full use of all three pools and all of the restaurants. The food was very good. You could get food at pretty much any hour. They even have a little taco stand on the beach as well as a bar. The beach for this Hotel is private and very nice. You can sit under a nice palapa on the beach or relax by any one of the three swimming pools. There is an adults only pool which is small and quiet. We didn't want to spend our vacation surrounded by kids but we tended to gravitate to the center pool where the kids were. It was a much more fun and lively place. It had a Swim up bar and lots of entertainment. There are vendors on the beach (but only a few) and they do not hastle you. Some nights the vendors had booths set up for you to make purchases. One really excellent event was the turtle release. Every year turtles swim onto the beach at Dreams Resort and lay their eggs. This hotel actually has a hatchery. They collect the eggs and keep them safe until they hatch. Once the baby turtles hatch they must realease them into the ocean within 24 hours. The best part about this, is all guests are included in the release of the turtles. We set baby turtles free practically every day that we were there (7 days). It was an amazing experience! All of the staff were very friendly, helpful and attentive. The older part of the hotel is in need of ALOT of love. We spent two days on the older side and the room was pretty yucky in my opinion. Once we moved to the other side there was a HUGE difference. It was very luxurious! Sleep quality in both rooms was good. Cleanliness of the facility was great. Location was perfect. The renovated room was "WOW". Beverage selection: You could get a drink at anytime! We never got sick and we drank all of the water that they offered us. I believe they have a great filtration system at the hotel. Another thing I liked was that they had booths at the hotel where you could plan excursions. The agents were very helpful at the booths. We ended up with Outdoor Adventures Zip Line Experience (Which was AMAZING!) and we swam with dolphins and sea lions (also amazing). And a Booze cruise boat ride out to an islandy area where we had dinner by candle light and a nice show (similar to a luau in Hawaii). There were several weddings at the Hotel while we were there and it looked as though they were well organized. We were there when the world series was on. My husband was really happy because every night they set up a huge big screen on the beach and he watched the world series nightly while laying on a lounge chair under the stars and being served cocktails by the staff. In the background there was a gentle breeze and you could hear the waves crashing onto the beach. Pretty Fricking Cool! You won't go wrong staying at this Hotel. Many of the people we met while we were there had been there before many times. One couple stayed there every year on their anniversary for the past 20 something years. That said alot to me :)

Room Tip: Book a room on the nicer side from the very beginning (don't wait to get the upgrade while you a...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (805)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We got married at Dreams in 2009. If you look up wedding, or pool jump wedding Dreams Puerto Vallarta on YouTube, you will find our videos. Amazing service, amazing wedding and they even let the wedding party jump in the pool. Food. Was always top notch. We went back mar 2010 for our anniversary and it was still just as great! The beach is awesome, only a few sellers with different things everyday. Not like downtown, where the beach is crazy busy!

Room Tip: The best rooms are in the new tower. But any room is not bad.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our visit and felt so special and pampered last year (2011) that we decided to go back for New Years this year. There is no other resort that takes care of your every need and want. The staff is so friendly and helpful. Bethy, the e-concierge is the best. She friended me on facebook before our last trip and we have remained in contact. Keith and I are looking forward to going back and the sooner the better. I would recommend the this hotel to everyone!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dreamspv, Quality Control at Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from sunny, warm Puerto Vallarta! It pleases me very much to know that you enjoyed your stay with us in 2011 and 2012. I am grateful to you for sharing your comments about Bethy our e-concierge and our resort service with future guests. It also provides us the inspiration to achieve even more and to do our very best for each and every guest at Dreams Puerto Vallarta.

Thank you for having chosen Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa and I will look forward to host you soon.

It is a pleasure!

Esmeralda Alcala
Quality Control
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My husband and I travelled to Dreams PVR for family wedding. The resort is smaller and older. We were in the preferred tower and still thought it was older (as compared to many other all-inclusives - Dreams Cancun, Dreams Aventuras, Excellence, etc.). All rooms face ocean, which is great, however, there is a wedding on the beach almost every day and the music from the wedding is heard in the room (we were on the 19th floor of the preferred tower - our of 21) and could still hear it. The resort does not allow music until after 11 pm, however, if you want to go to sleep before that (especially on the first day), its very difficult. The food at the resort is excellent (again as compared to other all inclusives) and we were very suprised. The setting of some restaraurants is incredible too - facing the ocean.
The resort does a great job, but seems to miss details. For example, one day we did not get the turndown service; our anniversary package was "missed" (according to the concierge, it was in the file, but no one noticed it); etc. There were a few things like this - none of them are a big deal, but combined the resort misses the five-star mark.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I have been in Dreams twice. Every time is great. This last time I decided to visit the city of Puerto Vallarta and not to stay all the vacations inside the hotel. I was surprise to see how many few people go out and spend all the vacations inside the all inclusive deals. I had a wonderful time in puerto Vallarta specially since I visit the city every day. I took a massage which was 70% less than the massage at Dream. Ate at the market and enjoyed the culture. Some all the local people mention how very few visitors of all inclusive dels leave the perimeter of the hotels, and how this affect the economy of the local people. I invite to visit the city and surrenders you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: The service was a little slow and food wasn't as good as the first time.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for the comments regarding your resent stay and your comment about Puerto Vallarta and I could not agree with you more it is a nice city, people are friendly and hospitable, over all the city is very safe. All our guests are very important to us and we always value the fact that you choose us as your vacation destination.

I thank you for having booked with us and will look forward to serving you again in the near future.

It is a pleasure!

Esmeralda Alcala
Quality Control
Niagara Falls, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Still very good food, friendly staff. Entertainment team leaves much to be desired. They dont encourage people around the pool to participate much, yet the ´¨monkey dance¨¨ always takes place at 3pm each afternoon.
The resort so far is very quiet..actually Im still here for a 2 week vacation. The weather certainly has not cooperated, but of course this is not the fault of the resort. A lot of the senior waiters-waitresses arent here, & to me, this makes a big difference.
Where is Raymundo who was the bar manager? Where is Jose, the charming waiter at the Seaside Grill? There are a lot of new faces, so if the resort has done some layoffs, theyve shot themselves in the foot. Getting back to the Entertainment Team, there is one face remaining from last year, and he has been here for a long time.
Perhaps I just need a change of resorts, or perhaps I know its time to move on & just let the Dream of Dreams past, be just that...a Dream of the past.

Room Tip: All are spacious and very clean! I dont recommend a room in the upper floors of the older tower. You...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I will update with a more detailed review shortly- want to get my fiance's input as well.

Quickly, we went to Dreams for our 10 year anniversary. We loved absolutely every single minute of it. For our anniversary, we booked a dinner on the beach. Amir proposed to me at our dinner, with the help of the resort, and together it became a heart-stopping moment in time, and an evening I will never forget.

I will post pictures and a detailed review of our room, the resort, outside excurisions, service, food, etc.

But to sum up, amazing, amazing, amazing, amazing. CANNOT wait to go back in 2 years for our wedding!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta? Share your experiences!