“Best coconut ice cream!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta to your Saves list
Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Barra de Navidad S/N Km. 3.5 | Zona Hotelera Sur, Puerto Vallarta 48300, Mexico (Formerly Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa)   |
Vancouver, Canada
“Best coconut ice cream!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Yep. The best. I think they must make it themselves or it is a local product. In the corner of the buffet, the nice lady would see me coming & chuckle. The food was excellent overall. Oh, yes, BTW we had a great holiday for the second time at Dreams PV & got home a couple of weeks ago.

Their spacious, quiet beach is great for swimming on the calmer days & even on the rougher ones this pair of 60 somethings made it past the surf. with much laughter & eating some sand. Lots of people in the water beside us.

The older tower is fine by us & we love the large rooms. The housekeepers & room service do a great job. As always, we tip & talk to the staff to thank them. I am sure that a US $1 bill means a lot to these hard working people.

Loved: No bracelet. No reservations in any of the restaurants. Name brand Scotch & gin for a sundown drink at the lobby bar. Mucho cappucinos & pastries at the coffee shop. Yoga on the beach & some body-surfing after. The staff in general.

Gripes: The management is out to lunch with the internet charges. Many people complaining bitterly about the ridiculous $18/day charge. Get into the 21st century guys. We just went into PV & found great cafes where we could people-watch & use the net for free! I don't think we will go back to the Dreams till they get wifi, at least around the lobby & pool for free or at a modest cost. I think it is a scheme to try & upgrade you into the new tower, where it is included.

Time share sales. The curse of PV. They have installed timeshare salespeople in the lobby since we were first there. One of them snagged us, pretending to be an in-house staff person as we arrived, tired, thirsty & a bit disoriented. When we figured it out, we were ticked off. This cheapens the Dreams experience for me. So watch out & tell them politely, but firmly to leave you alone as we had to.

Room Tip: The higher floors are quieter.

4,188 people have reviewed this hotel

1981
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (800)
puerto vallarta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

So this is my first ever review of any place I've visited. I've been all over the world and generally I do a bit of homework on a place before I go. I never believe the reviews 100%, or I take it with a grain of salt anyway. I am Canadian (Saskatchewanian), and so usually I'm (we) are easy to please. But please, if you are reading this, and you are considering going to Dreams Puerto Vallarta, you should really do everything in your power to make this trip. Dreams is the best resort I have ever been to! Food-Awesome, Bars/Restaurant selection-So Awesome, Service-Spectacular, Activities-Perfect, Cost-Perfect, ChildFriendly-Perfect, Rooms/Decor-Perfect, Distance from Airport-Perfect, Resort size-Awesome ...The resort is not new, but I think its better when its not new personally, because they know how to do everything here so well. I'm still at the resort today, going home tomorrow, but I know for certain that we will be back here one day. Thank you thank you thank you Dreams PV!!! You rock!!!!

Room Tip: Preferred Tower is worth the upgrade
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Spokane Valley, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Just got back from Dreams Puerto Vallarta. This resort is definitely named appropriately! When you arrive, you are greeted with a cool towel and a glass of champagne which is the level of treatment we received our entire trip. The staff here lives to provide you with top rated service. The concierges, Betty Boop (ha ha) and Slavador are the best--both my husband and I needed medical attention--we should have wrapped ourselves in bubble wrap and they were very helpful as was the resort doctor! The housekeeping staff does a great job. Ramon and Slavador, two of the bartenders kept us happy throughout our stay.
This was our first stay in Mexico and will be the first of many of our stays at Dreams, Puerto Vallarta. We shared our experience with my in-laws who had given us a week of their RCI timeshare. They are now planning their trip to Dreams, Puerto Vallarta. We upgraded to the towers which were wonderful but I would guess the other part is also great. Our concierges kept our room fridge full of Coronas for us at our request.
We highly recommend Oceana, Seaside and Portifino restaurants which are part of this all inclusive stay.
The beach here is sandy and beautiful with tons of chairs on the beach with great bar service. There are a number of beach and poolside activities throughout the day for people of all ages. The swim up bar is great as is the service.
If you are looking for a great vacation we highly recommend Dreams, Puerto Vallarta.
Again, thanks to Betty Boop and Slavador as well as Ellana who made our trip a great success.

Room Tip: We had a room on the first floor. We walked out to our patio and could clearly see the ocean.
idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

just got back from another great stay at dreams .9 days of heaven. This is our sixth year in a row . LOVE IT!!! the staff is great overall great trip WE go every november the weather is fantastic and not very crowded this resort is very kid friendly .

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Peabody, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

The first time my husband & I visited Dreams Puerto Vallarta we knew it was where we wanted to get married & we did the past week!

We had the most amazing wedding on 11/2/12 at Dreams thanks to Fatima! From the moment we arrived Fatima was there. All the planning she helped us with over the last year came to fruition perfectly & exactly how we had envisioned.
After our gorgeous sunset ceremony on the beach the skys opened. The quick bout of rain was a small distraction but Fatima had the backup plan ready to go & quickly got us back out on the beach to celebrate on the dance floor before we knew it!

Planning a destination wedding is hard to do & Fatima made it seamless & easy. Our family & friends had an amazing time & we can't thank Dreams & Fatima enough for your profesionalism & help! Everyone is already asking about when we can plan our next trip back! The food is amazing, the atmosphere is unmatchable & the service is out of this world. The employees were always smiling and happy to help in anyway possible.

Dreams & wedding guests/couples are very lucky to have Fatima. Future brides/grooms, you are in great hands & you couldn't pick a better destination to say "I DO."

Room Tip: We loved the Dreams Presidential Suite. 1500 sq ft townhouse with great views. The JR. Suites in the...
Batavia, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

This was our third trip to Dreams in as many years. 10th trip to PV overall. We will definitely be returning to Dreams and it's wonderful staff.
My husband, daughter (11) and I were there the week of Thanksgiving. The resort was full and yes there were chair hogs but we spent most our time by the ocean and finding chairs not a problem,
As always the entertainment team fun and engaging. Kudos to Tony, EZ, Marta and Mary. Good job on Tonys part adding the circus show, it was suprisingly good!
We had a room in the preferred tower with jacuzzi. We always book this type to guarantee a higher floor. Room was clean, roomy and comfortable. Minibar replenished constantly.
Food was good as always although we went into town for 5 of our dinners and a breakfast. This was just our personal choice as we know what PV has to offer it is NOT a reflection on the food at the hotel.
The waiters in all the restaurants are some of the best, most attentive and gracious ever. Both Arturo's did a fantastic job and with a smile!
We had by far the best drink service this trip and that is many thanks to Fernando. He made so many trips on the beach and although we did tip well everywhere it would not have mattered, most people around us were not tipping sadly and they were treated the same as us.
We also enjoyed chatting with and seeing Sergio and Heros in the preferred lounge, often going out of their way to find us some tonic!
Now to the two reasons I could not give five stars this trip:
First my hubby and I both had massages at the spa and although they were good...so not worth $135 a piece. I live in Chicago and I don't even think the Trump tower is that pricey!
Second, we had an incident where our maid accidentally removed our daughters small silk blanket she had since she was born. This occurred on Monday night and we informed concierge immediately. Now security is at our room going thru all our things, climbing on furniture looking for it as if we were lying?? It was upsetting and my daughter was very unhappy. Now the good news, Bethany whom I had friended on Facebook, a concierge sought us out on Wed. Was determined to find the item, taking down thorough notes...she delivered the cleaned and pressed blanket to our room Thurs. afternoon with a smile so big! My daughter and I cried!!! Thank you so much Bethy, you are a wonderful person and I hope AM resorts realizes what a good thing they have in you!
Sorry so lengthy, but must make sure all who deserve credit get it.
Thanks Dreams and hope to see you next year!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Edmonds, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

You know when you arrive and are served with a glass of champagne and a cool towel, you are ON vacation! From check in to the time we left we felt very pampered. We upgraded to the new tower (newer than the old), and chose a room without a jacuzzi as we spent most of time in the resort/beach area and didn't feel we would use it. We spent most days under a palapa at the beach as we could access the pools or the ocean from there and loved the service we got from Ismeal. The ocean waves were strong enough to have fun and frolic in but leave your sunglasses on the beach! We used the gym and enjoyed the professional trainer who was very knowledgable and attentive if you wished, the gym was small but had everything you would need to keep a routine going. The spa was very nice with well trained professional massage therapists. The food was fabulous and very creatively presented, not what you would expect from an all inclusive. The Seaside Grill was our favorite followed by Oceania, both beachside restaurants. There was a great buffet and "hamburger joint" and a few other choices, all good. There seemed to be entertainment most nights on the beach, always something to do, eat and drink. The resort was 2-3 miles past downtown with a quick taxi that would cost 50 pesos, not really within walking distance. The resort is gated with good security and has it's own bay so the venders are very few and unobtrusive, actually very friendly.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta? Share your experiences!