“It´s Good though improveable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta

You added Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta to your Saves list
Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Barra de Navidad S/N Km. 3.5 | Zona Hotelera Sur, Puerto Vallarta 48300, Mexico (Formerly Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #8 of 120 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Mexico City, Mexico
“It´s Good though improveable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Upon arriving to the property, you receive a couple of glasses of an incredible exotic local drink among with some cold towels. It took me arround 15 minutes to check in, due to the fact that I used the cupons to have a room upgrade.

The turtle program is one of our best experiences together. The room feratures a huuuuge bed with extremely clean sheets. The property is a little bit old, but the details are well preserved. The staff is really helpful and warm. I´m Mexican and speak fluent English, but my girlfriend does not, almost everything within the hotel even the price lsitings are in English and in US Dollars. I understand most of the tourism at the hotel is from abroad, but guys! it´s important to think about people from Mexico.

My room had a private jacuzzi. My personal congratulations to Ramon (Maitre from Portofino) and Eduviges from Oceana and Seaside Grill, those guys ROCK! Their service was, by far the best part of my visit to PV.

I had some issues with the food part, please note that no food is available 24/7 through room servide but poolside service includes drinks and that´s it.

The place is incredible, after the issues I had, the hotel manager contacted me and did an awesome job explaining what happened.

I will be coming back to this place soon. The concierge did a great job writing Happy Birthday for my girlfriend in the sand.!!

Room Tip: Pick a room far from the elevator, it takes a long walk but it´s extremely silent.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (803)
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed for a week. It was all inclusive. We had a good time, there a few beach activities to do and it was secluded away from other resorts which made it nice. Overall no complaints...everyone was nice, food was fine, workout facility was a little small and outdated, but there were generally only a few people in there anyway. It's pretty close to the city, but we didn't venture off the restort once.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are pretty much the same location. It wasn't noisy or intrusive.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Westmont, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We just returned from our 4th visit to Dreams Puerto Vallarta. We arrived on November 10 and stayed for 4 nights. This property is as beautiful as it looks in the pictures and is the perfect resort for a warm getaway. The staff is excellent, the beach is private and gorgeous, and the food in all the restaurants is fantastic. Be sure not to miss the new coffee shop/internet cafe located across from the gift shop. The coffee bar offers coffee as well as fresh pastries, little sandwiches, and fruit throughout the day. We stayed in the old tower, so we walked by this shop on our way back to the room and always stopped in for a little snack.
The Old Tower is just finishing a remodel of all the rooms. We stayed in a newly redecorated room that included new furniture, complete repainting, and regrouting of tile on the floors and in the bathroom. The room was spacious and looked very up-to-date with dark woods and a brown/orange color scheme. The bed was very comfortable and comes with lots of pillows! Also, terrycloth robes are provided for your stay. The minibar is restocked daily with bottled water, soft drinks, juice and mini bottles of Corona.
One other tip is that I always take a little coin purse with $100 in one dollar bills and a few fives for tips. A little cash goes a long way to receiving over-the-top service!

Room Tip: Request ahead of time a room on a higher floor so that you can see over the trees and have a great v...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Brampton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We got married here on our second visit to Puerto Vallarta and we really loved it. The Dreams staff was amazing and all our guests had a really fun time. The spa ladies did an amazing job and the bartenders and waitresses were awesome. My wife and I stayed in the preferred tower which is absolutely amazing. The rooms, bathrooms and sitting areas were awesome. We made good use of our outdoor jacuzzi in our jr suite and loved the fact that our cleaning ladies kept our room in mint condition for us. The room service was fast, friendly and we loved having coffee on our balcony first thing in the morning. As for the wedding, everything went well and we made sure our guests had an awesome time. Special thanks to our event planner Fatima, Felix, Abraham the photographer, and Luisa who brought us drinks tirelessly on the beach! Overall, the Dreams resort does Weddings really well in a private secluded stretch of beach on a private property. The resort isn't far from downtown, which we loved visiting for nightlife and restaurants. I would definitely recommend this hotel for large groups and families or anyone looking for a nice all inclusive vacation in a great foodie town. Cheers!

Room Tip: All the rooms are top notch, but if you want the best experience ask for a higher level room with a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Guadalajara, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I went to Dreams PV with my family on November of this year (2012). It was our daughter's first trip to the beach (she became 1 year old on October) and I was looking forward for a pleasant and fun stay.
Customer service was excellent even before we arrived, I had booked a standard suite but a few days prior to arriving I was contacted and management offered me an upgrade at a very attractive rate so I took it. I'm glad I did because the suite was awesome, very spacious and has a balcony with ocean view, simply beautiful! They even offered us a baby crib for our daughter with no extra charges.
Preferred tower (where the Jr suites are located) is awesome! It has it's private lounge with drinks and snacks.
From our arrival the service was simply amazing. They received us with Champagne and cool towels with rose scent (to freshen). Check-in was really fast (they kept the offer of the upgrade and I didn't had to pay more than what was agreed).
Food was amazing!! We paid the all inclusive so we got to try all the restaurants but one (The PortoFino is for adults only) and every plate was excellent! Also, on every restaurant they made special meals for my daughter, which for us was amazing!
The only downside I can think about is the fact that as a Mexican I was expecting to eat traditional Mexican sea food like ceviche, aguachile, shrimp with garlic, a la diabla, sarandeado, etc. Which was not the case on any of the restaurants, but nevertheless the food was delicious!!
The beach was private, and it is even, you can walk a long distance into the sea and still able to stand. This was good because I was able to enter the water holding my daughter. The ocean is calm, in fact the beach is kind of a little bay, so the waves are not big enough to topple you over. The sand was really clean, and it was fun and easy to build sand castles with it.
There are 3 swimming pools in the resort, we enjoyed two (the other one was adults only) and they're awesome. The water is cool and clean, and the pools are not deep (around 4ft10" at the deepest). The staff organizes different activities on the pool throughout the day (ie. aerobics on the morning, volleyball on the afternoon)
Another service of the hotel is a free 20 minute photo session (photos taken are charged at very attractive prices and they offer different bundles) and it was very fun. The photographer was very professional and we got some very amazing photos of both our daughter ant of the three of us.
During the nights the hotel offers thematic dinners. One night they offered a Caribbean buffet and a dancing show on the beach. It was really nice to have dinner and watch the show. We also enjoyed Italian and Oriental nights on one of the restaurants with ocean view.
The "Explorer's Club" offers different activities for the kids (3yr and up) and on this season they offer the opportunity to participate in the release of baby sea turtles. We had the chance to experience it one day and it is unbelievable! The new born turtles are handed to kids and women (depends on how many turtles were born) and my wife got to hold one while I filmed. Then everybody released the turtles in the sand at once and we saw them racing to the ocean. It was a beautiful memory.
I'm really glad I chose the Dreams for our first family vacations. I can honestly say that we can't wait to return either to Dreams Puerto Vallarta or to another of the Dreams resorts.

Room Tip: Rooms on the preferred suite are bigger and have a balcony with ocean view. It's worth the extra...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Whitehorse, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

My husband and I were married at Dreams Puerto Vallarta in June of 2012. It was our first time to Puerto Vallarta and had heard mixed reviews about the Dreams property. We stayed for 2 weeks and had the time of our lives! From the moment we stepped on the property we felt like we were in paradise.
Let me start with the rooms. For us it was worth it to book in the preferred tower. It is slightly quieter (meaning we did not have a problem with noise at all) than the older tower, and the accomodations are more luxurious. The bathrooms are definietly nicer as well in the preferred tower. We liked the seperate sitting area as well. For the wedding it was nice to have such a large space to get ready. Having said that, many of our friends stayed in the older tower, and had no issues whatsoever with the rooms. We spent some time in those rooms and they were basic, but clean and very comfortable. If you are going just to relax with friends or family I would say that the older tower has everything you need.
When we arrived at the resort the staff was super friendly and we were greeted with champagne and cool cloths which was a nice touch.
The staff -- amazing! I stayed in 2 all inclusive resorts in Mexico prior to this, and this one was by far the best. Salvador and Jessica (the concierge's in the preferred tower) were a joy, and always super helpful and friendly. Fatima was our wedding planner, and from day one, she was amazing. She was super efficient in answering questions prior to arriving, and once we got to the resort, she was so professional, and went above and beyond to make sure we were happy. She was such a good sport and even danced at our wedding reception when we asked her to join! Ezequiel (Eze) was definietly our favourite entertainment staff. He personalized his service and made sure everyone from our group was having fun, and had what they needed at all times. When people from our group went out on the town with him for resort events they were well taken care of with VIP sections in the club with bottle service. Both of the gentlemen that looked after the preferred tower lobby food area (I'm sorry but their names escape us) were also fantastic. Overall, the entire team of staff from the restaurant staff to the wedding planner, to the entertainment were all top notch.
The beach was fantastic because it was so private, and there were very few vendors around. The vendors that were there we did not find to be intrusive and they were under contract with the resort so we still felt safe.
We would HIGHLY recommend this resort to anyone, whether you are travelling with family, as a couple, or with a group of friends. We are planning on returning as soon as we can!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
park ridge, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Another perfect visit....for the fifth time!!! The resort is situated on a private cove which creates a quiet and relaxing atmosphere. The front desk employees are helpful and courteous. Felix, the front desk manager, always goes out of his way to ensure every detail is taken care of. It is clear he treats all guests with the same personal and professional touch!
The room was spacious, well maintained and clean. We appreciate the toiletries provided in the room because it makes packing a breeze!
The food was delicious. We ate at the World Cafe almost every morning because I enjoyed the egg white omelettes made by Lenore, while my husband would request pecans added into his waffle. Oceana is a quieter option for breakfast however we prefer the buffet.
We enjoyed lunch at Seaside Grill while listening to the waves and looking out at the bay. Juan, Arturo and Daniel provided great service.
We started the day by the activity pool. Afternoons were spent relaxing by the adult infinity pool along with the great drinks and service from Orlando, the bar man, and served by Salazar.
Dinner at Seaside Grill was wonderful!! The seafood special was delicious. Alma made our dining experience extra-special - just like her!! She is a very sweet lady!
Ramon and Amporo at Portofino restaurant were fantastic, as was the food, wine & desserts.
Adriana in the lobby bar always had a smile on her face!!
Everyone at the resort treated us like royalty but we had to mention the people that added an extra-special touch. In closing, the attentive employees, good food, no arm bands, no restaurant reservations or towel cards and secluded location make the visit perfect!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta? Share your experiences!