“Superb food and friendly staff.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bravospv

Bravospv
Fransico I Madero 263 | Col. Emiliano Zapata Old Town, Puerto Vallarta 48380, Mexico
+52 322 222 0339
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Description: In the midst of Puerto Vallarta's happening nightlife scene--and just a three-minute stroll from the town's primo beach--this inviting South Side eatery offers up generous servings of flavorful international food and drink.Amiable owner Michael Boufford & Edgar Bocanegra are no strangers to fine dining in a hip ambiance. Bravos' casual-chic artisanal experience enhanced by soft lighting and music, an extensive wine list and eclectic martini options. But the real deal here is the food: light and fresh, homemade and healthy, and always perfectly prepared. Celebrating our 2nd year here in Puerto Vallarta
Oxford, England
“Superb food and friendly staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Had a wonderful meal to celebrate my birthday.
My daughter visits PV several times a year and this is her favourite restaurant, I can see why.
Try the moules a real twist with jalapeno party had a variety of dishes and we tasted a fair few, the crab cakes were yummy and all the dishes were expertly flavoured and seasoned. The pork chop is also worth a try, if your in PV give it a try.

Visited May 2014
michaelboufford, Owner at Bravospv, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Good day Wmargaux

Thank you, we are excited to hear that Bravos is one of your daughter’s favorite place here in Puerto Vallarta and perhaps now yours. To be honest I was not sure what moules were so I had to Google it, I have never heard of the word before, I will send a email to my English teacher. Yes the Chipotle mussels are pretty good we get them flown in fresh 2 times a week. Never frozen!! Glad to hear that you enjoyed the crab cakes and the Mongolian style pork chop, everything you had this evening are some of our top selections. Looking forward on to see you again on your next visit to Puerto Vallarta and please send a big thank you to your daughter.

Denver, Colorado
“Great new addition to the PV dining scene”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

We were only in town for a month this trip and had dinner here three times. We obviously liked it quite a bit. Cute place a couple of doors East of Vallarta on Madero. Perfect walking location from anywhere in Old Town. Sleekly remodeled space but warm and inviting. I understand that the owners have River Cafe pedigrees and it shows at the door. Very gracious and welcoming.

Always went with a group of at least four so we were able to sample a good bit of the menu. The mussels and the tomato bruschetta were both appetizer faves. Seafood mains are a good bet but there are some meat options if you've got meat and potato eaters with you. Honestly, never made it to dessert anywhere after we discovered Lix (new ice cream place that is divine). They know how to make a decent cocktail though and the wine list is pretty good for Mexico. Service was professional, friendly and attentive. One older waiter was convinced that he knew more than we did and had a little attitude but he was the exception.

I mark them down slightly for serving Pan Bimbo dinner rolls (you know the kind you can squish into something the size of a pecan). I know they have access to better bread choices because the bread in the bruschetta is so good. Also, not much for vegetarians but I managed to convince them to make me a veggie plate (no creativity on their part there).

Overall though, a welcome mid-range (price) addition to the Vallarta dining scene and we'll be back next season.

Update - May 2014
Visited again for restaurant week in May. Not much to add. Food (except those Godawful rolls) was terrific and the service prompt and professional. They've made some decor improvements - most importantly they've added some sound baffling so you can actually here your fellow guests speaking to one another. For $199 pesos for a three course meal it was a bargain indeed. Out of the many restaurants we visited during restaurant week, Bravos was definitely in the top 5. They've definitely been discovered though - the place was packed so I'd make a reservation.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
michaelboufford, Owner at Bravospv, responded to this review, August 30, 2014
Good afternoon Fred T

Thank you for your updated review. I apologize in not getting back to you sooner, every review must be answered, it the right thing to do. I am stoked that you enjoyed us again here at Bravos and had such a good time that is what it is all about. I promise when we are closed for the month of September I will address that roll issue and see what we can do. Enjoy the summer and we will see you again soon.

Puerta Vallarta
“Superb Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

As an 8-year resident of Puerto Vallarta, I dine at least twice weekly in P.V. Last night I experienced a truly gourmet delight at this very clean and attractive restaurant. Four of us enjoyed a lovely Pinot Noir while feasting on Mahi Mahi, the fresh fish of the day. Besides a varied menu, the tables are adorned with white tablecloths and flawless wine glasses. I now evaluate this restaurant as one of my three favorites in P.V. and I will return again and again.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
michaelboufford, Owner at Bravospv, responded to this review, August 30, 2014
Good day Larock4d

Thank you for your kind words. I am sorry for not responding sooner, I normally and right on top of it. We are happy that you discovered us here at Bravos and you truly enjoyed the evening that is what it is all about. We are excited that we made it on to your list of favorites in P.V. Enjoy your summer and we will hopefully see you back after October 7 as we are closed for the month of September for holidays. The team here at Bravos worked super hard after a successful year and they all deserve a break. We look forward to having you back soon. Enjoy your summer. Stay cool!

Portland, Oregon
“GREAT food; outstanding customer service!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

We had a fantastic meal at Bravos. But what made the evening exceptional was that we realized we had no money with us, after our first glass of wine was poured. Before ordering, we informed our waiter of our unfortunate situation, and he went to ask the owner if we could return the next day to pay. No problem, said the owner! We had an amazing meal, bottle of wine plus another half carafe, with no one wondering if we'd return to pay. Of course we did... And are grateful to the team at Bravos for trusting us and for the wonderful evening.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
michaelboufford, Owner at Bravospv, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Good afternoon Pdxorlisa

Thank you for your kind words. We always try to go the extra mile and since you were here we did not want you to leave hungry. It was a true pleasure to meet the both of you and we hope that you both enjoyed your time in and around Vallarta. We look forward to sharing another evening with you again soon.

Michael
Tomball
“Great Food and Remarkable Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

We were staying at an all inclusive resort but found the time to eat at Bravos 2 nights.They just opened around 8 months ago, so it was a lucky find for us.The food was great! The selection even better.The rest is Air conditioned and the tables have white lien table cloths. Great wine sections with wine by the glass, 1/2 bottle or full bottle. The 1st night we ate their Rest week special 199 peso dinner PP. It was so good we came back another night. That night we went all out and spent around $80-90 for a 4 course dinner for(2) which included a bottle of wine. We will be back on our next visit to PV!!

Visited June 2014
michaelboufford, Owner at Bravospv, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Good day Charlie_Sharon

Thank you for taking the time to review us here on Trip. It was a pleasure to have you both. Your review is what it is all about. We strive to be the best we can every day we open the doors. It is great to hear that you also discovered some of Vallarta’s best places and were able to step away from the hotel and discover a bit. One of the ways we roll here at Bravos is we want everyone to enjoy a great experience and not hurt the pocket doing so. Again thank you for your review and I promise in this heat we will have the a/c on full blast all summer long. We will see you soon.

Michael