“This is a Stop I Don't Miss Every Trip to Puerto Vallarta” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Bar/ Clubs, Bars
Glen Carbon, Illinois
6 attraction reviews
“This is a Stop I Don't Miss Every Trip to Puerto Vallarta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I laughed when I read the reviews people have left on here. Good or not so good, they are probably accurate.

Twisted Palms doesn't serve food but there is not a bar category so it's under restaurant because it deserves to be a tripadvisor favorite.

This isn't the kind of place where you will see huge crowds or a guy dressed like a frog. This is the place you will meet transplants or, at least, seasonal transplants from the United States and Canada. Let me tell you why that matters. . . one, they can tell you, in English, all the good places to go (for anything) and two, they get your jokes! Nothing lost in translation.

Al, the owner and only worker except for an occasional ice runner, shows movies on the rooftop every night, offers really great drink specials and pours awesome cocktails. I have been there several times and have found him to be funny, interesting and always attentive as a one man show can be!

Most people are not "in the know" to even find this place but if you want to be "in the know" of Puerto Vallarta, get the best tips (in English) and chill out from all the touristy BS this is the place for you.

Also, when in stock, he has the VERY BEST beer bottle coolies for sale! Grab me one if you can!

Henderson, Nevada
“Fun with Al”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

My wife and I have been regulars at Twisted Palms for several years. Whenever we are in town, one of our first stops is to see Al. He is not only a creative bartender but also a great source of local activities and places to go. Al has a good working relationship with the Italian restaurant downstairs as well as Flacos Tacos on the same block. The evening movies add a nice touch. This is a great place for excellent drinks and to chat with others in town.

Henderson
“A Most Wonderful B!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We have been going to the Twisted Palms for years during our trips to Puerto Vallarta. Al is a great bartender and a wealth of local information. He makes amazing Martinis and other drinks. Each evening is a different movie theme where he shows a variety of films in the bar. This is also a great place to meet locals or people on vacation. No trip to Puerto Vallarta would be complete for us without a visit with Al and this unique and enjoyable bar.

Stamford, Connecticut
“Ahhmazing!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Great drinks (I tried the Raspberry Beret, Liquid G-Spot, Sand In My Crack and Tropical Rubdown martinis--all DELICIOUS), great atmosphere, great crowd, and a very knowledgeable and friendly owner! Wish we lived closer because this place would definitely be a regular hangout for me and my husband! :)

“A place you can relax and have a great martini.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Al is very knowledgable bartender. His ability to make martinis other than the many on his menu is amazing. All you have to do is tell Al what main ingredient you would like. And he will go from there making an amazing martini.