“They only look expensive” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Encuentros pizza pasta bar lounge

Encuentros pizza pasta bar lounge
Lazaro Cardenas 308 | Colonia Emiliano Zapata, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
322 224 1777
Improve this listing
Ranked #77 of 696 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Pizza & Pasta
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Encuentros is a space created and designed especially for you to enjoy and relax in a very cozy, casual, warm and friendly atmosphere with true hospitality.
Danvers, Massachusetts
“They only look expensive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

We went here several times both this year and last and look forward to next year. I love the granite bar with comfortable seats, good drinks and conversations with Nazano the bar tender. Ari the owner is a great host and a joy to talk to. Oh, the pizza is great and just love the thin crisp crust and the huge selection of toppings. My husband usually goes for pasta and most meals are under 100 peso.
Before meals you are offered a cold wash cloth which is such a nice touch with the hot weather. So give it a try whether for a meal or just a drink. Sit in a sofa sitting or at the bar and meet new friends.

• Visited March 2014

Montreal, Canada
“Very Good....but..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Hello,
We have been here for 6 months, and discovered this lovely restaurant. We have returned at least 5 times....because we love the food, love the place....BUT the owner or manger-Boss who is always there, is annoying....go and see for yourself.
The waiters are nice....make you feel at home....but notice this Boss guy, he seems to be degrading to the waiters, not one has ever stayed since our first visit, he is always peering over the shoulders of the waiters, behind them every step of the way, ....and seems so edgy all the time.
We decided to go again two days ago, as our return home is coming up...and in the mood for pasta, like I said the food is Very Good...
BUT.....after my cousin found that my portion was rather small, (which was correct), she mentioned this to the waiter, who in turn told the Boss Guy. He came to see us to explain, that each portion of pasta is exactly the same and measured to 350 GRAMS OF PASTA PER PORTION....
.....I owned a restaurant so, this is like no way buddy. Being Italian, we know our pasta and know weight very well...lol
I was shocked to hear this, and usually never at lost for words, I was basically just listening to him lie....that I could see....he is a good skater.....it was upsetting to me.
Its very simple, 350 GRAMS of pasta is nearly a pound. I left feeling lied to.........

So basically, I AM never going to return there....for that reason....I do not liked to be lied to, it was insulting....
Mr. Boss Man, 50% of your business is How you Treat your Customers and Your Employees, ..its called a Rippling Effect....

I do recommend that you the reader go there, the food is very good...and check this Boss Man out....maybe he will turn over a new leaf, and become a better Boss-Manager....hope you take this advice, Mr. Boss Man....I am sure your staff will be happy to read this....

NO excuses.....Learn to be more pleasant with your staff, and you will keep them....and get a REAL scale to measure your pasta.....
Good Luck

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Danvers, Massachusetts
“Great food, Atmosphere and price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

Amazing concept. The menu has many different types of pasta and any dish can be ordered as a pizza. The pizzas are individuel sized so each person can get what they want on it. I have had the pasta dishes and pizzas. I find it very hard to decide what I want knowing that I'm in for a treat.

The prices are very reasonable.

Visited March 2014
Ari T, Propietario at Encuentros pizza pasta bar lounge, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Thank you so very much "dgayron" for your kind opinión and comments regarding your dining experiences at Encuentros for these truly encourage us to continue innovating and upholding our high standards of quality, service, attention and dedication that day-in and day-out we try with passion to maintain. A very big THANK YOU and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you again at Encuetros and providing you with the fine dining experience that you so much deserve. With best and kindest regards, thank you.
Winnipeg, Canada
“great pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

If you like a thin crust pizza with a crispy crust, this is the place. Personal size pizza 4 x 12 inches with lots of toppings. Low live background music. Just the place for a quiet outing. Cozy couch areas for a quiet talking gathering.
Best thin crust pizza in PV.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you very much Brian for expressing your comments and opinión of Encuentros regarding your recent visit, which are very important to us. We will continue to make our utmost effort to continue to provide a good and positive experience for all of our guests. We look forward to welcoming and serving you once again when in Puerto Vallarta, "Mi Casa es Tu Casa". With many many thanks, best regards.
Tualatin, OR
“"Gourmet Pizza"? Encuentros Pizza Pasta Bar Lounge Has It!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

When someone says. "Let's have pizza!", I don't usually get too excited. Pizza isn't something I get huge cravings for very often. But that was before I had deliciously addicting pizza at Encuentros Pizza Pasta Bar Lounge in Puerto Vallarta.

I was recently invited to Encuentros for a friends birthday party. On arrival I was met by Ari, the hands-on owner and creator of Encuentros. Ari and his capable staff made me feel that I was being invited into their home to spend an evening with friends. Our party was seated on cushy couches and over-sized chairs arranged around low tables to create one of several comfy nooks. What a pleasant way to enjoy the cuisine and still visit easily with everyone. There are regular tables for more "traditional" dining and additional seating at the well-stocked bar.

I, and most people in our group, ordered "personal size" pizzas which measure about 4" by 12". Perfect size for one hungry person. Extra hungry? Order another. They aren't expensive. Or go for a full sized pizza to share. The extensive pizza/pasta selections on the menu are happily adjusted to suit your specific tastes using only the very freshest local ingredients Ari shops for daily. The crust is thin, crispy and so satisfyingly crunchy. The mouth-watering toppings are a fusion of traditional and exotic flavors that are nothing short of spectacular. Everything is fresh, fresh, fresh! Gourmet Pizza! And any combination of these delicious ingredients can also be tossed with yummy pasta if you prefer.

My friend and I had been cautioned that once we tried Encuentros pizzas we would have cravings for them. It's so true! We tried (unsuccessfully!!!) to pace ourselves... and "only" ate there 5 or 6 times in about a month. Our cravings, hers for The Venetian and mine for La Chueca, continue now that we are back in the US. Luckily, I'm going back to PV with my 18 year old granddaughter and her friend in about 4 weeks. One of our first stops will definitely be Encuentros.

Give it a try. Please. Experience GREAT pizza! In my opinion Encuentros makes the BEST PIZZA EVER...including any I've had in Italy!

Other pluses at Encuentros include affordability, Happy Hour (6 to 8 PM), daily specials on foods and drinks, varied wine and beer selections, full bar service, A/C, WiFi, etc. Cash Only.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Absolutely not enough words "KatSTualatin" to sincerely THANK YOU so so very much for your comments, opinión and expressions regarding Encuentros and your recent dining experiences, where my "please make yourself at home" greeting is always genuine and heart-felt. Nothing in life tastes the same without passion and it is our passion for what we do at Encuentros, and comments like yours, that motivate and encourage us to continue working in innovating and in maintaining our highest standards of food and beverage quality, service, personal attention and attention to detail. A truly very heart-felt thank you for your feelings for what we do and really very much looking forward to welcoming you again to this your home, "Mi Casa es Tu Casa", and having once again the opportunity to serving you as you so well deserve. Please receive my best and most kindest regards, with many many thanks.