“Overrated. Overpriced. Average is generous.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #151 of 697 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Mexican, International
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: We open every day from 1:00m pm to 11:00 pm that the kitchen closes and after that you can stay and enjoy your evening with great music and drinks until 12:00 pm.
Michigan, USA
“Overrated. Overpriced. Average is generous.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

First, there is no possible way short of fraud that this place deserves its current #4 in PV ranking. Food is average at best. Service insufficient due to understaffing. We had the camarones arbolitos - 6 medium cooked tableside in a garlic cream sauce and served with white rice. Good enough taste but for the price how about some veges too? We also had enchiladas con pollo with mole sauce. Mole was great but chicken was dry - - grilled cubed chicken breast. Rice and beans with those enchiladas? Nope. Don't waste your time or money here. Don't believe the recent glowing reviews.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Texas
“Are they asking people for good reviews?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I like nearly every place I go, so a less-than-positive review is unusual for me, but a campaign must have been organized - maybe by the restaurant - to move this place to the top of the TripAdvisor rankings, and that's not what you can expect here.

Before it closed a year ago, it was very good Mexican food - out of the way but worth looking for. Now under new management, they're really trying, but regrettably they don't have it together yet.

The menu has been shortened some, and the margaritas (which previously were excellent) are below average today. And small. (Pour a high-quality, hefty drink and every dinner is off to a great start.) The kitchen was out of what I was going to order - no big deal - and then brought me what I didn't order. Oops. Stuff happens. The good news is that the Chicken Enchiladas Mole were actually very good, but it was just 3 enchiladas in a bowl, no arroz or frijoles (rice or beans) or anything else. No chips, no salsa.

The service was friendly and eager to please.

I hate to say it, because they really are trying hard, but as of this date, there are many better places for straight-ahead Mexican food in PV ... Viejo Vallarta, Cuates y Cuete, La Chata, Gaby's, La Ronda, Pipi's, El Andariego, to name just a few that I would recommend, and even a lot of the street taco places beat Los Arbolitos. I'd give them another year and see if they can get it together.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Winnipeg, Canada
“FABULOUS!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We returned to Los Arbolits, unaware that it had ever been closed....only to have, yet again a faboulous welcoming to restaurant and the best meal ever. All staff that we had the pleasure of meeting we very friendly, kind and accomadating to our requests. We have visited every time that we have vacationed in PV, and will continue to do so.....!

Jackson, Michigan
“please try the food..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Check this place out. The new owner Marrissa is excited to keep the tradition up with having great food with great service.
We were told the restaurant was closed when we first got to P.V. My husband and I couldn't believe it so we walked there to check it out. We are glad we did because its up and running and better than ever.
Please stop in and have a bite to eat. Marrissa is trying to get the word out that Los Arbolitos is open and waiting to serve you.
This place used to be packed every day with a line waiting to be seated.
The food is wonderful and the view is fabulous. Stop in and eat.. U will love it..

Discovery Bay, Ca.
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

My husband and I have been traveling to Puerto Vallarta for 25 years. We heard about Los Arbolitos many years ago and decided to finally try it this past month. I had no idea what we were missing all these years. I can TRULY say that Los Arbolitos has THE BEST Chile Relleno I have ever tasted. That along with their Cilantro Margaritas made for a perfect evening. Even though its not on "the beaten path" the cab driver was very familiar with it. The view was quaint and overlooked The Rio Quale. I highly recommend this restaurant.