“Nice place to relax” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort

You added Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort to your Saves list
Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida de las Garzas s/n | Zona Hote, Puerto Vallarta 48333, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #38 of 120 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice place to relax”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

To be fair, it should be noted that Hilton just recently took over this property and is still working on bringing it up to Hilton standards. Check-in was a bit of a nightmare, but after discussions with the manager we were upgraded to very nice ocean view suites. The beach is clean and not as crowded like hotels in downtown PV. However, when we were there, the water was too rough to swim. Another drawback of the beach, is the vendors. They can be very aggressive. The manager stated they were working on permits to allow them to create a roped off area. That will help. The pool area is adjacent to the beach and is a beautiful, relaxing area. The adult pool at the rooftop lounge is also very nice. This hotel is great for relaxing, yet it is very convenient to get to downtown on the local bus. The food is average, but get the right bartender and you will have amazing drinks. The best asset this hotel has is its staff. Every single staff person, except at the front desk, was extremely friendly and eager to make our stay comfortable, fun, and relaxing. I have to give a shout out to some of our favorites. The best bartenders: Erik, Aaron, and Emmanuel. The best pool server: Annabel. We were here for 11 days and would definitely go back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
JORGE V, General Manager at Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Attn. Javajules
First of all I want to thank you for sharing your opinion on our service during your recent stay.

We also thank you for your comments on our effort to improve everything to comply with our Hilton standards.

We thank you for your excellent comments for our bar and pool area waiters, please be sure I'm sharing this with all my Staff, they are always motivated by lerning that thier daily job is helping to make happy guests.

We invite you to consider staying with us in your next visit to Puerto Vallarta, it will be an honor to be your host hotel always.

Corailly

General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Palm Coast, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The hotel was nice, VERY VERY Clean! But the best part was the wonderful staff...and I mean everyone was amazing, helpful, friendly, professional, accommodating I can go on and on!! The location is a short cab ride to the marina and the airport.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Attn. Ms. Donna H.
I want to thank you first for selecting Hilton Puerto Vallarta for your recent visit to Puerto Vallarta.

We really appreciate you share your opinion and your excelent comments for our Staff
please be sure I'm sharing this with all my Team, they are very happy to learn that their
daily job is making our guest happy.

We invite you to consider staying with us in your next visit to this Resort.

Cordially,

san antonio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I want to start out by saying I was really stressed when I read the reviews before we arrived. Most of them were awesome but there were a few bad ones. So here goes. I don't think I can post pictures here but I will do another review on tripadvisor and post pics. It was our honeymoon and I love the Hilton family of hotels so we looked at the all inclusive versus conventional hotels and the all inclusive is the only way to go once you price it out. I am a gold honors member so Hilton does a great job of acknowledging the gold/diamond members as well as the person who is just staying the first time. We had a few hiccups which I'll explain later. But from arrival to departure was flawless for the most part. Very impressed with the facilities. Our room had a private pool with ocean view so I went all out. The staff was incredibly friendly from the bellman to the bartenders to just a employee walking by. We entered the room and were just amazed at the décor, bathroom, openness, patio, pool and the view. First thing we did was change into the swimsuits. I was in the pool first and noticed vendors walking the beach with everything you could think of. they didn't bother us but I did call them over and purchased some things. Some people in previous reviews didn't like them but I thought it was great. saved a trip downtown and was cheaper. If you didn't want to buy something they would leave you alone. But again I enjoyed it. I mean your on vacation in a new place so why be a snob and not want to deal with the locals? IMHO We did dinner numerous times in all the restaurants as well as room service. I had no problem paying the 7.00 room service fee. it's way cheaper then the normal 18% you pay at a normal hotel. We would just give them 10.00 each time and loved it. We did choose to tip even though from what I saw most people didn't. the service was excellent. I don't think we opened a door while we were there except for our room. Bartenders both on the roof bar and lobby bar were awesome. They ran out of Jim Beam and they went and found me more without me saying anything. My wife caught a needlefish on our charter, we had it cut into steaks and the concierge set it up to get deboned, etc and we had our own fish cooked up in the sea fire restaurant. It was beyond amazing and who else would do that? The beach is right there along with horseback rides from a outside vendor. Hilton does have parasailing and jet skiing that I think they contract but it's right there and pricing isn't bad. I think we paid 45.00usd for 30 min jetski, and parasailing I think was 50.00usd for a fairly long trip. Pool was amazing, activities galore although we didn't do any of them. Other guests were very friendly. There's also a Puerto Vallarta adventures tour desk and a photo desk as well where they'll go around with you and take pictures on the property and Photoshop them etc and sell you the disk. We didn't partake of that but again pricing wasn't bad. we did rent a private suburban for 6hrs @ 50usd per hour to go to san Sebastian in the mountains. I would recommend this to everyone. awesome awesome!!!!! Here's the few problems we had and also to explain some of the things I saw on other reviews I don't think are fair. By NO MEANS did the problems affect us in any way, my wife just said I had to be fair. Upon check-in my cc wasn't being accepted due to my fault and a bad stripe. There were like 7 holds but BofA dropped them after a day and didn't hold anything anyway. The internet is weak in some areas. Our room was all the way on the beach and we still had signal, but anyone who knows anything about wireless internet knows it's hit an miss sometimes. Not Hiltons fault. there's more then enough AP's on the property. In the seafire buffet there were some flies, etc inside but the resort is largely outside and when food is outside there will be flies etc., especially in a humid climate. I had no problem with it. If you're going to complain about that then don't eat at the buffet. We would like to see a few more options in the French and Mexican restaurants. They were very nice and great food but choices seemed limited. not a bad thing but like I said I was told to be fair. we NEVER had a problem with the AC. we came in and it was at 20C and never went higher. so people saying it was hot may have been staying somewhere else. There is a older section and a newer section so that's all I could think of as far as AC issues. Our minibar was stocked daily without us asking with 3 different beers and water and soda. So the people complaining about not having enough walk the 50ft to the bar or call and you'll get it within 10 minutes. This to me was unfair to put in a review. what do you want a full size fridge? We did call every afternoon to have the room cleaned when we were out. I loved this. Most people may not but I'd rather have it cleaned on my terms as opposed to having someone knock at 730 saying housekeeping and trying to come in. Even though we had a pool in the room etc there was ample time we were out of the room for it to be cleaned. and it was awesome to come back after a day out to a great clean cool room and crash on the bed. The sand is a coarser sand and the beach has a bid undertow and is fun to play in but it's not like a conventional beach. But great to lay out in and swim as long as you stay close. For the people who complain about it the west coast of Mexico is not the Bahamas. We loved it though. Sunset was BEYOND amazing everyday. Even though we went durig low/rainy season it only rained one evening when we were in the covered lobby listening to karaoke. All in all awesome trip. For what you pay for if you calculate food, alcohol and service etc. its more then fair. High season is more expensive but we WILL be back. Next time with the kids as it's great for families too. I can't say enough about this property.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Attn. Eric B
First of all I want to thank you for selecting Hilton Puerto Vallarta to spend your Honeymoon,
also we thank you for taking your valuable time to write a review and for sharing your opinion on our service, facilities and for our service staff.

Please be sure that I'll be sharing your comments with all my team, this are very important for us and for our improvement program, to provide the best possible service to all our guests.

We'll be working to improve the variety of food in our buffet and pest control specially in the open areas.

We invite you to consider staying with us in your future visit to Puerto Vallarta,
it will be an honor to be your host hotel once again,

General manager
Rancho Santa Fe, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

This is a good option on the beach. Close enough to the Marina and to the airport and close to downtown. Since this is an all inclusive hotel the food and drinks are just average. The hotel in very new and the rooms are perfect. Very good service throughout the hotel.

Room Tip: Try getting the oceanfront sutes with a private pool.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Palm Desert, Ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We are staying next door to the Hilton and decided with some friends to go the the buffet at the Sea Fire. We all agreed that was the absolutely worst meal we ever had. Even our kids 13 & 15
would not eat... Chef please do something about it. we understand it is part of an "all inclusive" resort but inexpensive foods can be done well and tasty

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
JORGE V, General Manager at Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Attn. Christophe D.
Thank you for sharing your opinion on our buffet from your recent visit to our hotel.

For us it is very important to follow up on every comment our guests do on our service and facilities,

Reading your opinion you have mentioned your are staying next door from Hilton and I really wish to have the opportunity of recovering your loyalty for our restaurants buffet or a la Carte.

Please accept our most sincere apologies if the variety of food was not up to your expectation

Cibolo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

To start, Puerto Vallarta is absolutely beautiful and the people are so friendly.

We had a little issue with check in which was resolved with a couple of emails to Hilton while we were there. We had a room with a private pool which was beautiful. The bed was so comfy and the shower was huge and we appreciated the double vanity.

The downside of the room, there were a few tv channels in
English (being a destination for many americans and Canadians, you would figure there would be satellite with
more of a selection). Twice we had to call to the front desk to get our room cleaned. Once we called though, it was done pretty quickly. The wifi was great but we kept having to call to the front because the password kept expiring.

The service all over the hotel was excellent. The wait staff, concierge, etc. were very professional and willing to do what they could to make us happy. The lobby bar was great and we spent time there talking to other couples. On our first night we got a very pretty pastry presentation with a card that said "Welcome to Paradise". Very cool.

The food was pretty good in the Seafire buffet restaurant and the French restaurant but we were unimpressed by the Mexican restaurant. One thing we were so impressed with was on our second day, we had gone fishing and brought our fish back. The Seafire cooked it up and did a little presentation on the plate. It was delicious!

The public pool was fun. The beach is right there. There are beach vendors that walk around constantly trying to sell you things. We did buy a couple of things the first day. After that we declined over and over and over. Some vendors can be a little pushy.

Overall, we would definitely come back and we talked about bringing our kids next time. It was an amazing honeymoon and will recommend it to others.

• Stayed July 2014
Attn. Shplissa
I want to thank you for selecting our hotel to spend your Honeymoon and for taking your valuable time to share your opinion on our service.
We really appreciate your excellenet comments for our service staff as well as for our location and facilties, please be sure that the information you have provided to us will help us to improve everyday.

We invite you to consider satying with us in the near future and will be an honour to be your host hotel to celebrate your wedding anniversary, please let us know your travel plans.

General manager
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

This was my second visit to the property, the first time being shortly after they opened. As an all-inclusive I think this hotel has you pretty well covered. I enjoyed the many restaurants, lobby bar, and the rooftop (no kids) swim/lounge area. My first visit I was upgraded to a two story jacuzzi suite which is a room type I would highly recommend.

The hotel appears to stay busy both with families staying at the hotel and what I gather are local families who splurged for a hotel pool day pass. Pool chairs can be very hard to come by. It gets quieter at night.

During my second visit, I was disappointed to learn every restaurant was not open every night. Most nights I had problems getting a reservation to the non-buffet restaurants and had to walk in and hope to be seated. Fortunately they always "found a spot" for me. Compare to the first visit overall service has declined and several amenities are now missing. No welcome drink, no executive lounge, etc.

If management keeps the service standards high and if customers are given correct information re: amenities that will be available during their stay, I would have no problem to recommend this hotel for people with kids.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
JORGE V, General Manager at Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Attn. Trvlwhlucan
I want to thank you for taking your valuable time to share your opinion of your stay with us last December 2013. (6 months ago).

Please be sure that we have being taken appropiate actions to improve our service, we added more chairs and umbrellas, also we enriched our Daily Activities Program for adults and Kids.
Our weekly restaurants and buffets program now includes more variety for breakfast and lunch, also we offer Theme buffets for dinner, plus our 3 specialities restaurants (French, Mexican and Brasilian).

We invite you to give us the opportunity to consider staying with us in your next visit to Puerto Vallarta, as our main wish is to recover your loyalty by offering a much better experience.

Cordially,

Jorge Villarejo

Been to Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort? Share your experiences!