“Amazing Birthday April 19-23” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort

Save Saved
You added Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort to your Saves list
Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida de las Garzas s/n | Zona Hote, Puerto Vallarta 48333, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book ahead and Save
Ranked #37 of 120 hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Amazing Birthday April 19-23”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

My bf and I just returned from a 4 nights/5 day stay. This was our very first all inclusive hotel and we had a great experience. Upon arrival we were greeted with welcome drinks, and were upgraded to an oceanview on the 6th floor automatically, and no we arn't hilton honor members and had no connections.

The ocean front view was breathtaking, beautiful sunsets every night and the sound of waves crashing every morning. We were able to see the water even laying in our bed. The room were big and spacious, king size bed comfortable, toilet room very small, can't close the door without touching your knees on the door. The mini fridge offered 1 bag of peanuts 1 bag of lays potato chips; 4 cans of soda and 2 cans of beer.

My bf and conceirge were sneaky and planned a special bday surprise for me, After returning from a few hours in the city, there were flowers, champagne, chocolate cover strawberries and roses on the bed. A complete surprise and it made the trip extra special. Bonus for the BF.

The food was ok, however for being "ok food" I ate a whole lot and my clothes seem to shrink. The drinks were pouring upon our request and our favorite were the pina colada double shots, a must have, so creamy and smooth, it taste so good. BTW order all your drinks double, save on the calories and why not. Out of the 4 restaurants they offered for dinner, my favorite was the Mexican, my bf enjoyed the Italian, but the best atmosphere had to be the ocean front brazilian, Fogo. We were seated along the water, it wasn't crowded when we arrived at 8:30pm, but all the good tables were taken by 9pm, so book between 8-9 to get a good table. We skipped on the italian restaurant, bc we didn't have time, but it wasn't a big deal, we went out for dinner to the "Rhythm of the night" romatntic intimate OCEAN FRONTdinner (you can't get any closer to the ocean, the water was practically a foot away from out dinner table). The sea fire was ehhh, good but can be better. I give the Seafire a 2.5/5 stars. Room service was slow, which is expected and we made sure to order 30-45 mins in advance. My bf has late night cravings and has a hard time sleeping in the evenings so we would automatically order food around 11:30 to make sure it arrived around midnight.

O'west is an only adults roof top pool, which offer sushi and open bar. We only took advantage of the bar, but declined on the sushi. We literally had the place to ourselves twice, our own staff and open bar, ahhhh, the good life. The view was spectacular, but beware, wear lots of sunscreen/protection, by bf likes to burn on purpose and turned tomato red almost first degree burn, I wore spf 50 and still got a golden brown tan.
The main pool area is gorgeous and we didn't have any issues finding a chair, or even a cabana. The service by the pool was great and the drinks were pouring upon our request.

They granted our late check out of 2pm (original checkout 12) and even then when we checked out at 2, they let us enjoy the resort until our cab arrived at 3:30. We had a late lunch at the seafire and then enjoyed a few more pina coladas watching the football game in the lounge. The airport is only 10 mins away and cost $5 (US $$). We could have left at 430pm, but we had made prior arrangements so we just stuck with the 3:30pm pickup. (Our flight was at 5:55pm)

If you are from Canada or the US, bring lots of 1's and 5's, no need to change in pesos, the staff, the flea markets, and stores prefer US dollars and you're also able to bargain with dollars better. Don't pay anymore than $5 for the cab fare from the hotel to the boardwalk, also it doesnt matter if its the boardwalk or flea market, it's a flat fee of $5. The Marina terminal, Walmart, and Mall is walking distance, probably a 10-15 min walk.
I brought 100 singles and a few 5's and spent it all on tipping. You don't need to tip, but I didn't mind, like I said the service was fantastic, very professional and friendly. We tipped housekeeping each day, for each meal, and $1 per drink or two at the bar.
There was one little accident, but it was a complete accident and I understand. During lunch at the seafire the server accidentally knocked over the pina colada from his tray and it got all over me, shirt, shorts, legs, and yes even my face. It was one heck of a fall, but I honestly understand and even tipped.

I hope this review helps you, however I must add we were very fortuante the hotel wasn't full, no issues in waiting for a seat in the dining area, or a chair poolside. Upon arrival to the hotel we made dinner reservations for the restaurants, we only did this bc of the reviews we read, but bc the hotel was practically empty we had no issues booking the same day.
Great Service, Great Staff, and I truly appreciate everyone and will return again.
Thank you.

Room Tip: Ocean front view if you can. We were fortunate they upgraded us for free, and without a request, it...

554 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Vicenza, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Me and my husband stayed here last month with hopes of a relaxing getaway, we definitely did not get that. The staff speaks poor English, the showers keep cutting off. Dont even think about ordering room service because they will mess up your order. Oh yea and unless you only eat dinner, the breakfast and lunch buffet is terrible, they keep salad in the corner, and there is ALWAYS FLYS swarming around it. Also, I mistakenly ate a bug on one of my ordered salads, I guess they cooked it in the chicken. This place is a mess.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We are a married couple in their thirties traveling with no kids.

The overall experience was great! The hotel was good. After being to the resort, the hotel was not a 5 star BUT the employees make this hotel a 5 star hotel. The service was Awesome! Everyone was very nice and very accommodating.

Details
Beach - Small and public. I was surprised that there were dogs on the resort beach.
Hotel - Rooms were clean, beds were comfortable and again service was 5 stars
Food - There are three restaurants. The food was okay but no variety. Room Service was not good. Lucky we brought snacks with us from home

We had an AI package and paid extra to upgrade to the ocean view room – it was nice. We had Sunset view from balcony every night.

Room Tip: Ocean view
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

My husband and I traveled to the Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort mid-March for a quick getaway. We really enjoyed the Hilton and already talk about our plans to return.

The staff alone made the trip worth it. Everyone was incredibly friendly and always willing to help with our requests. The staff at the breakfast/lunch restaurant was by far our favorite - every morning they greeted us with a smile. I burned my hand one day at lunch on some hot tongs at the buffet and every member of the staff went above and beyond to make sure I was okay (I was, by the way!).

The concierge staff was also fantastic. I was pregnant during our stay and didn't feel well one night so they helped us change our dinner reservations and then proceeded to surprise us with a personalized "congratulations" dessert at dinner that night. Those little touches were great!

We did have some issues with room service not bringing us new robes during our stay after our robes were mistakenly taken out with the dirty towels on our second day. A small inconvenience to us just because we're pretty laid back and easy going, but I could see someone getting irritated by having to call the front desk 3-4 times to remind them.

My husband really liked the food. Not sure if it was morning sickness, but the only meals I really enjoyed were breakfast/lunch. The fresh guacamole and chilaquiles were delicious! Dinner was tough for me and the room service was not the best. We enjoyed the Mexican restaurant for dinner - definitely our favorite.

Despite the mishaps with room service and the food, we really did love our stay at the Hilton. The staff made up where the food lacked and the hotel itself is lovely. We had a great swim-out junior suite that was so relaxing when we wanted to get away from the crowds at the pool. The main pool was really great, too, and my husband enjoyed the unlimited margaritas and pina coladas.

We will definitely return!

Room Tip: Request a junior swim-up suite - we were Hilton Honors so we were upgraded automatically but definit...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton PV for 4 nights in April 2013. We were upgraded to a junior suite with our Hilton Gold status. The room was really nice, with a jacuzzi on the balcony overlooking the pool and ocean. We made reservations for the French, Brazilian, and Mexican restaurants. The food was pretty good at all 3, but the Mexican restaurant was the best. We never ate at the Italian restaurant, which was a buffet. The lunch buffet varied from average to good, depending on the day. The service everywhere at the hotel was excellent. Everyone was very helpful, very friendly, and really made for an enjoyable stay. Clearly the management of the hotel is doing a great job. The other reviewers have made a couple good points - email the concierge before you arrive to make restaurant reservations. And arrive early morning to reserve a cabana or pool chairs. We saved our pool towels from one day to bring down the next morning and reserve a cabana (since the towel stand isn't open until 9am each morning.) I highly recommend this resort.

Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We visited the Hilton from March 29th - April 4th for spring break. We brought two 10 year old girls with us. When we first arrived at the airport we were greeted by a gentleman at a desk (located as soon as you clear customs on the right side), he asked us if we needed a ride to the airport and we said yes, he went on to explain a resort vacation package to us that included a ride to the hotel, free breakfast, ability to visit another resort, tickets to the water park a ride back to the airport and a city tour. Since we had the girls with us, we accepted because we did want to see another resort while here (we visited the Flamingo Resort). We finally made it to the hotel where Christian checked us in, he was amazing. Always smiling and just seemed happy to see us. Our room was very lovely, RM830 with a beautiful view of the beach and hotel next door. It was difficult not having a full bathroom as we were traveling with these girls who needed space to change clothes and such--we would have gotten two rooms if we were aware. But none the less, we made the best of it.

While at the resort, we ate at the French restaurant as well as Fogo. Both were very nice. The buffet did get old and by the last day I ended up just having bacon and fruit for breakfast. The gym is beautiful with nice equipment and a yoga room upstairs with yoga mats and exercise balls. The children's club is nice, they do a good job of keeping the kids occupied. The adult pool was amazing. We put the girls in the kids club and spent time there. They have towels and drinks--it's quiet and just beautiful. It's like you are at a different resort.
One day my husband went deep sea fishing with the husband of a couple we befriended and a couple of days later the resort cooked the fish and made a meal for both our families at Fogo on the beach. What an amazing experience for all of our girls.

In the morning, I got up at around 7:30 to reserve chairs. If you want to use one of the shaded beds, just ask the morning staff and they will let you know which ones are available--probably a 6:30 am wake up would be needed to ensure that you get one of these. There is not a cost for these-they are first come first served. The girls went on a banana boat ride that they absolutely loved.

Overall the resort is quiet and well maintained. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. They set up an easel board near the towel desk outside with a schedule of what is happening each day however it would have been nice for them to announce to those at the pool what the agenda was for the day. This way they would have a better turn out for things like karaoke and bingo. Which by the way were very fun.

I received a facial on the last day--very nice services.

We did visit the Flamingo Resort and after the presentation, we spent all day there playing in the pool and visiting the beach. It is a very quiet resort and much larger than the Hilton, but a lot of fun as the pool was heated and just a lot of fun. The girls also liked the water park that we got for free. Not sure that it would have been worth the asking price of $30 pp--once inside, you needed to purchase a locker key and a tube to ride many of the rides.

We would stay here again, however we would reserve two rooms next time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Grafton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I wanted to share our families experience at the Hilton Puerto Vallarta. We decided to take a family vacation but it was also a celebration of mine and my wife's 21 year anniversary and my younger son's birthday. SO as you can imagine I wanted it to be extra special. Fernando, the manager of the Hilton, Diana and Damas the concierges' as well as the entire staff went over and above to make this vacation very positive and memorable. Fernando and staff took the time to make sure that ever detail of our stay was an A+++. Our room facing the ocean had a jacuzzi on the balcony and the room itself was beautiful. Whenever we needed something or had a question the staff was there to make sure we got what we needed. We enjoyed the pool, the restaurants, and the service. One of the restaurant settings was facing the ocean. Does not get better than that. One of the staff at one of their restaurants remembered that it was our anniversary and they brought out a special dessert with candles. So if you are looking for either a family vacation or a romantic one, the Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort is without a doubt a MUST DO on your bucket list!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort? Share your experiences!