“Stayed March 9 to 16 2013” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort to your Saves list
Expedia.com Orbitz.com
Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida de las Garzas s/n | Zona Hote, Puerto Vallarta 48333, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book ahead and Save
Ranked #36 of 120 hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Okotoks, Canada
“Stayed March 9 to 16 2013”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We arrived about noon on Saturday March 9, there was no welcome drink and we had to wait for 3 hours for our room to be cleaned. This was very disappointing especially after getting up at 2 30 am to travel. The food was average, we ate off the resort 5 out of 7 nights. There was not enough lounge chairs around the pool for the amount of people staying at the resort. The adult "pool" and lounge on the 4th floor was closed which was another disappointment. The staff were good, the general areas fairly clean, security was poor, beds were good. For what we paid from Calgary it was not a good value for our Canadian buck!

563 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I will cut to the chase. The service and staff are/were exceptional! I have not a single complaint! Alba on the omelet station and Diana at concierge were especially great to work with and see. They are definite keepers!

Our first and second room both were good layout, space, and view. The most important factor for me when choosing an all inclusive resort was the bed, as I have had a few beds which were very hard/bad. In this case the bed was exceptional and we slept great when not affected by other factors.

The location we also thought was good, though in the center of the hotel district/action, it didn't have too many crazy spring breakers and such. That was good for us!

Now, the negatives were two things, which I feel could certainly be improved and I am sure they know about them and have things in place to do so...

First, the walls were super thin! The first day we got there the people next to us were having a fight and we heard every bit of it. This of course is not the fault of the hotel as they worked very hard to correct it. They addressed them each time! The next night they were super loud again and made noise starting at 1:05am. We finally had to move rooms in the middle of the night, which the staff were super helpful with and I expect they were particularly rough on those neighbors of ours as well. The new room had great neighbors who were not loud at all. I only now know how thin the walls were because we could still hear most things that went on in that room. In fact I was awakened twice in the middle of the night by the neighbor sneezing. I of course wasn't going to complain about that as I was happy he was sleeping instead of fighting or partying, and I promptly fell back to sleep. All I am saying is that the thin walls should be acknowledged as a slight negative. In general the people staying at the hotel all seemed super great, so I don't imagine this is a normal complaint, but in our case it was noticed.

Lastly, we went to the Hilton, because we expected excellent food, even though there were some reviews which suggested the food quality was not what others had expected. I hoped that they would have improved it by the time we got there. In short breakfast was great, and lunch ok. Dinners were also good, but nothing was excellent as we had expected coming to a Hilton. I am not complaining about it, just noting that if I had expected ok/good food, I would have been fine, but I was expecting exceptional food, so ended up let down. I hope that as time goes on they will improve this part of their resort and focus on it. For what it was worth the alcohol seemed mostly all top shelf, so that was nice.
My wife wants me to also note that she was a bit surprised that there was very little quiet space to lie out on the beach or by the pool as there were so many people around as well as music playing. She was also surprised that the shower door was clear glass and not even frosted, so there was little privacy when showering. Not huge issues, but surprising.

Over all it should be noted that we had a great time and came back very relaxed/refreshed. I hope that as time goes on they will keep getting better. Some things were so very great and others were a bit disappointing. Overall it was a good trip for us though.

Hope this review helps at least in giving a person accurate expectations, if not the management in improving.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Hilton for two nights in March 2013. We enjoyed our trip. The staff is very friendly, especially Andres! He was very helpful! The hotel was clean and comfortable. There are plenty of food and drink options. I would highly suggest the French restaurant for dinner, very yummy! Enjoy!

Richfield, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Feb28-Mar5 First time in PV, front desk was friendly & up graded us to ocean-mountain view, best in my world. Christian was very attentive & made sure we were signed up for the specialty restaurants before we went to our room, he showed us the layout. Room was clean, had some issues with the refrig. but it was promptly taken care of. There were 3 of us so our room felt a little small. We went directly down to pool/ beach area were we could feel the magic in the air, yes we are from MN. anyway we met Tony on the beach right in front of this wonderful place. He will book you almost anything that you want to do. We wanted to fish, others wanted snorkeling, we were told by other guests he had very good prices, well we did book fishing & it was great, we also saw whales & dolphins thanks to our captain Chao, Tony also made sure there was a toilet on board for me. The service of this place is outstanding everyone had a smile on there face. Walking distance to shopping & bus stops min. away to PV . Now I must mention the food was not always as hot as it should be & they ration out the bacon while your food gets cold. But your bob marleys were always icy & cold, yum yum. Also go into town & buy something.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

All I can say is you will feel like ROYALTY!!! The resort is an amazing get away from busy Los Angeles life. We went for Jason's 31st birthday and I requested a room upgrade and BOY did I get one! Demis put us in a swim up pool room and all I can say is it was lovely from that moment on.

Carlos took care of the dinner accommodations and recommended all of the best things on the menu at the DeLice restaurant! it was a culinary delight.

Christian was a sweetheart from check in to check out. If you need to pick an all inclusive resort-- this is THEE one!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Fergus Falls, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Just returned from a week at the Hilton in Puerto Vallarta. Staff was wonderful, always helpful. Facility was very clean and comfortable. Upper level pool and bar were closed for repair so that was the only disappointment there was for us. There is no pool bar, however there is staff that goes around the pool area and the beach bar is centrally located. Meals were good (not great, but very good), I would have liked a casual dining option for the evening but overall I would still rate the meals very good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
howell, mi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Just returned from a six day stay at the Hilton. I met a girlfriend there for a girls only getaway and this was our first time in PV. We were upgraded to an ocean-front suite with a Jacuzzi on the balcony. We originally booked a standard two room suite in the new tower. Nice surprise. I am a Hilton Honors member so I believe that helped with the upgrade. We ate at the french restaurant the first night and it was ok. Lamb was overcooked and the portions small, but the service was top-notch. Everyone that works at the resort is very friendly and professional. Breakfast room-service was the best. Buffet food was ok - service great. Unfortunately the roof-top pool was closed the entire time we were there. This was disappointing as we really wanted to be up there in the adult only zone. Resort was less than half full so no problems obtaining a chair by the pool. Yes, there are the people that get up very early and through a shoe or magazine on their choice chair and do not return for hours. Typical. Not much you can do about that. There is no night-life at the resort. We took cabs into downtown (cheap about 60 pesos) and walked the boardwalk and hit the shops. We felt very safe. No worries. Food downtown was excellent, from Vista Grill to the taco stands. All in all we had a good time. The best thing about our resort was the room - we were in 201 and had an extra balcony that faced the pool. Beds were very comfortable and maids were very good. Try and get a room in the new tower (suites) and bring pesos for the cabs. We should have exchanged our money for pesos in the beginning of our trip as the would have gone a lot father than our dollars. Exchange rate at the hotel was 12.60. Not too bad. Also, chartered a great sailboat for the day. Please feel free to email me with questions.

Room Tip: Book room 201 and you will not be sorry :)