“Our New Place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort

You added Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort to your Saves list
Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida de las Garzas s/n | Zona Hote, Puerto Vallarta 48333, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Leisure Escape Package
Ranked #32 of 121 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Virginia
“Our New Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Kathy and I stayed here February 19th to the 27th. This was our fourth visit to Puerto Vallarta and we were not disappointed. We had to find a new place as we had stayed at the Sunset Plaza the last 2 times but were ripped off on a RCI vacation package that was misrepresented to us. They won't see any more of our money.
Kathy is a Hilton Diamond member and the facilities and staff were in keeping with what you would expect from a Hilton property. The staff was amazing starting with Felipe who helped us to our room. Demis Carillo at the front desk was very professional and my go to guy while we were there. I have some health issues and needed distilled water. I had a hard time finding any and informed Demis. In fifteen minutes he had located some distilled water and had arranged transport via taxi. His continued professionalism and committment enhanced our anniversary experience. He has a bright future in the industry.
Our room was fantastic. We were in a mini suite that had an elegant interior with 2 seperate balconies with great views. One balconey even had a private hot tub. The maid service was great and would work around your schedule. All staff were helpful and friendly. We were amazed at the quality and coordination of staff being together for such a short time but it was obvious the general manager was well liked and respected by the staff. We felt this was a big reason things were running so smoothly.
The Spa was elegant and Kathy and I tried the Flotarium on our anniversary. It was a great experience and Rogelio was a gracious host. Carlos, Eduardo, and Paula did a great job as acitivty directors and were helpful and personable. The food and service was great except for the Italian food which needed some work as it was just average. The grounds and beach are kept in great shape and good quality beverages were in abundance.
On the top floor they have a heated pool with bar overlooking the ocean where you can watch the whales and relax as the sun sets on the ocean. The view is spectacular. As a repeat traveler to Puerto Vallarta I can assure you this is a very safe and secure area to vacation. The biggest problem we had with the place was that we had to leave after 9 great days. We feel this is a great place to vacation and we highly recommend it to others. We will be back next year to our new place.

David and Kathy Packett

Room Tip: There is no such thing as a bad room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed at this hotel February 19-24, 2013.. It was my first time traveling solo (I'm a female), and I could not have picked a better location nor hotel. Everyone at the Hilton was great!! I felt very safe both on and off the hotel grounds. I did not walk around off hotel grounds at night by myself.

I had a deluxe ocean view room that was perfect! The room was just the right size;not too big and not too small. It also had a great balcony. I didn't spend a lot of time in my room because the weather was perfect everyday.

The pool, beach and restaurants were all very close. I didn't have to walk miles to get to each area. The pool and beach butt up against eachother making it very easy to transition from one to the other. LOVED it!

The fitness center was very good- it even has an upstairs yoga/meditation room. Bring a towel because sometimes they run out of fresh ones.

The staff was absolutely great!! Very helpful and kind.

The mexican restaurant was excellent! Don't be fooled by the type of cuisine as this is gourmet mexican food. The French restaurant was ok. I did not care for the Italian restaurant, but again this is one person's opinion. The buffet was very good and offered some great meals for breakfast and lunch. The ceviche and stir fried shrimp were excellent!!

As far as the alcohol being served, I thought it was just fine. I know some people had negative comments about it, but it was absolutely fine.

The hotel also offers a roof top lounge with an infinity pool. Great place to have a cocktail and watch the sunset.

I found the hotel to be very clean. If you needed something, you could just ask.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again. I would also suggest it to anyone who asked.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
North Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed at the PVR Hilton from Feb 12th to the 20th of 2013 and we’ve been conflicted about sharing our experience in fear of spoiling this truly wonderful resort hotel and its beauty once the word gets out. Our time there was outstanding and we had little to nothing to complain about in terms of the amenities, condition, or service during our brief stay at the PVR Hilton. We’ve had the good fortune to have been able to travel globally and the PVR Hilton certainly ranks high on the list for places we’ll be returning to again. The overall theme, while keeping with a strong Latin influence, is simple and modern in its design and is common in many of the finer European hotels. Clearly the hotel is in its infancy as a growing business and they are working diligently on perfecting the facility and enriching the skills of the many staff members and resource areas. Again, we found very little to be concerned or complain about and found the PVR Hilton staff extremely warm and welcoming and did their very best to ensure we had an enjoyable visit. Not to mention easy to get there, as the hotel is only about 10 minutes from the airport by taxi.

Room:
The bellman Andres provided us with a welcoming drink and guided us to our room giving us a brief tour of the facility and information on the various resort and room amenities. We met Andres several times during our stay and each time he not only recognized us, but asked if we were enjoying ourselves. We had an outstanding room on the 8th floor with a partial ocean view. Our room was spacious, clean, quiet and very comfortable. The only minor complaint was a slight musty odor that quickly dissipated once the ventilation was running. All the modern amenities was present and we enjoyed trying to refresh our out of date Spanish language skills while watching the local television channels that rebroadcasted some of the common US programming. Again, it’s a small nit and hopefully over time the hotel will expand the English programming choices. But hey, we’re in Mexico and English is not the prevalent language.

Grounds:
We understood that the PVR Hilton was created through renovating an existing hotel and a considerable amount of new construction. While this must have been a challenge for sure, the results are spectacular and the resort has a complete and polished appearance. One of our pool pastimes was observing the staff and their approach to maintenance. It was very obvious to us that keeping the facility clean and in great condition was paramount for everyone. Again, we hope this will continue as this undiscovered gem of a resort becomes more widely known by the rest of the traveling world.

Food:
Prior to the trip, we did our share of reading review comments and were apprehensive about what to expect in terms of food choices and quality. After arriving and reviewing the various restaurant options, we decided to enjoy the Seafire lunch buffet. Our food related trepidations were quickly eased by the choices, presentation, and overall quality of the various menu items. Sure there were a few that we were unsure of, but hey, we’re on holiday in Mexico and we’re here fully expecting to try new things and expand our epicurean horizons. While all of the staff at the Seafire was outstanding, I need to highlight a couple of individuals that stood out and contributed to our enjoyable dining experiences. For Breakfast and Lunch, Carlos the manager and our water Javier Carmona continually impressed us with their attention to detail and ensuring we never wanted for anything. It was also impressive to sit down to a properly set table with all the plates and utensils in place. We were constantly impressed by the attention to small details and cleanliness. One observation was the staff always polishing the utensils and water glasses as they set the table. The same was true for all other meals we enjoyed at the Seafire and Adan Couarrubias maintained the same level of attention to detail for our late afternoon and evening dining experiences. There is a fine line between being attentive and hovering and the Hilton staff has perfected the balance while maximizing your dining experience.

Drinks:
One great example of the staff going the extra mile to ensure a guest is happy was one day at the bar when I ordered a drink for my wife that needed Malibu Cocoanut Rum and they did not have any behind the bar. Hector at the lobby bar, apologized and offered to make an equivalent out of Cocoanut puree and Rum. The wife was more than happy and Hector made several more of the same throughout the day. As a guest, that experience was outstanding of a simple solution to a minor issue. At the pool, Sara, Manuella and Annabelle did the absolute best to recommend various drinks while providing prompt service with a smile. Try the ‘Bob Marley’ and remember to tip them once in a while, it’s hard work and they make it look easy.

Pool:
Eduardo and Paola, are responsible for leading the entertainment and activities around the pool. Each day there is a posted list of the various activities and times and they encourage everyone to participate. Even if you don’t like to join in the ‘water-aerobics’ fun, there are plenty of other fun activities to keep everyone engaged and having fun. And here again, the pool area is spotless and the water was absolutely the perfect temperature. Ahman (sorry name about misspelling) was always there to help you move a lounge or offering to readjust an umbrella. This guy never lost his focus and you can actually feel the pride he takes in his work.

Overall:
To restate the main points: Great place, safe and beautiful surroundings, wonderful food and drinks, warm and friendly staff. If you’re looking for a great place for a fun and relaxing get away, the Hilton PVR is your place. We’re already looking forward to returning next year with a larger group of friends to share in the experience.

Room Tip: Request an upper room in the old tower that faces the beach and enjoy the spectacular sunsets from y...
Trois-Rivieres, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We spent a week at this new resort late february. I must say that we had read all the comments before coming and we didn't have high expectations since it was a new resort. Most of the time, it takes months, even years before a resort can get comfortable after opening.. That resort didn't need much time! We don't have any negative comments to say about the resort besides the fact that it got crowded and a little out of control over the weekend.. The pool was packed and families were really loud, some of them even brought their own radios and blasted the music, which was very annoying contrasting with the peaceful hotel music in the background!! But seriously, that was a detail not even worth talking about!! Our first room had a view of the hotel entrance and a huge gas tank... We paid a little extra to get an amazing ocean view room which was sensational for the sunsets! The staff is devoted, helpful, happy and just nice! The location is great, right in the middle of everything. 10 mins from the airport, 1 hour walk to downtown and 40 mins walk to the marina. Yes a few details could be improved like having wi-fi access in the rooms(as opposed to Lobby Only). Having a bathtub in the room or hottubs in the pools, for there aren't any. But at least the rooftop pool is very hot so it compensates :) the buffet is good, the food is nice though there aren't that many choices.. Just don't expect the usual huge buffets you get at many hotels. There are like 10 warm choices and a couple more cold plus a breakfast and dessert station. I found an amazing detail: soy milk and lactose free milk. I thought it was a nice attention! We almost didn't go because we had read negative comments but we are so glad we went, that hotel was worth the price(since we had a pretty good deal for our week!) if you get a good deal, Take It!!! You'll love it! Good job to everyone at the hotel, we loved our stay! The hotel is beautiful, food's good and people are nice. Plus: it's very relaxing, not the party kind of resort which was exactly what we wanted!!

• Stayed February 2013
Bloomington, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

As first time, all inclusive vacationers my fiancee and I had an amazing time! The staff was always kind, courteous, and attentive to our needs. We never had a bad meal, and a couple great ones! And the rooms, lobby, and pool/beach area were as beautiful as the pics on this site show them to be!

Staff:
Though our luggage arrived a day after we did, (thank American Airlines for that) the front desk staff (Christian and others) stayed on top of the situation, and called us as soon as the luggage arrived the next day. The dining staff/ bartenders/ waitresses made every meal great.

Food:
As first time vacationers, we were not aware that the fine dining restaurants required reservations. However, the host at Fogo let us dine without a reservation one night, and we'd both like to thank him. The grilled sausage, pork, chicken, and steak were the best I have had in any point in my life. Just delicious!

Our dinner at Le Delice was good as well, but it did take two hours from seat time to when dessert was finished. The duck with raspberry sauce was amazing, but the lamb chops was such a small portion that it left my fiancee dissatisfied.

We found the ala carte at Seafire good with plenty of options, but as I've read in other reviews, there was some "recycled" food at times.

We were disappointed that the fine dining restaurants were not open on most nights, so we ended up missing out on La Catrina. As an all inclusive resort, we would have preferred to be able to eat at any restaurant we choose for that night. We did hear that this is sometimes the case when resorts are not at full capacity, but the Hilton on this week seemed to be buzzing with plenty of folks.

Room and pool/beach area:
The view from our room was incredible. We quickly learned that it was first come first serve for people seeking the cabanas down by the pool/beach. While there were some complaints about people "saving spots" early in the morning with towels for those cabanas, those complainers had the same opportunity as the early risers! As, we walked the beach each morning, without having seen the inside of the neighboring resorts, the Hilton Puerto Vallarta had the best curb appeal by far! With only a few that would be comprable.

Great stay! We would definitely recommend the Hilton to others! The only reason we didn't rate this as "excellent" is because we didn't like having to make reservations at each restaurant, those restaurants weren't open most nights, and the two waitresses serving the entire pool/beach area did their best, but wasn't able to keep those drinks full enough.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms in the old tower were arguabley better than the suites with an incredible sunset vi...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Me, Mom and my Aunt Stayed at the Hilton Just recently ( Feb 22 - March 2 ) 2013. The First night, the beds were a little stiff..... they got softer and much more comfortable as the time went on. Breakfast in the Morning was good as usual and so was lunch. the a la carte resteraunts at Supper Time need to do a better job of Scheduling waiters for work.... at times there seemed to be not enough waiters for the amount of guests. My favorite restaraunt was the Italian, my moms favorite the mexican and my aunts was the french. Some of these meals were a bit to long for me, up to a couple of hours. Pool service was good and there were fun games of water volleyball organized by a fun staff. My mom and aunt enjoyed water aerobics as well. The roof pool is really beautiful, especially at sunset. Weekends the hotel is busy and there seems to be more trouble getting chairs. It can be a real party some nights in the lobby bar.

Room Tip: dont get a room thats so close to the lobby, if noise bothers you.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Staff was very helpful. They took care of our every need. Refrigerator in room was stocked daily. Concierge helped us find an excursion with great value. All-inclusive plan is highly recommended. We had a great time!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort? Share your experiences!