“They have to work very hard to be a Hilton” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort

Save Saved
You added Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort to your Saves list
Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida de las Garzas s/n | Zona Hote, Puerto Vallarta 48333, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book ahead and Save
Ranked #36 of 119 hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Mexico City
“They have to work very hard to be a Hilton”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I have been several times to PV; I have been at Fiesta Americana, Velas Vallarta, Canto del Sol, Melia and now at the Hilton.
I had great expectations after paying for only 2 nights $ 490 USD. For a king oceon view room
First of all, I arrived at 1:00 pm and the room was until 3:00 pm.
Front desk guys and bell boys very attentive and allways smiling.
Room with a very nice view; furniture at room very very average, the sank didi not work, two lights at bathroom did not work, ventilatioon at wc did not work; As well wc was not well cleaned.
As Hilton Honors I try to get some sleepers with front desk and the women who clean the room and I never got them.
Lunch at the restaurant was the worst I have ever taste at a Hilton, I could not eat the meat,, it was a rock.
Second day I try the burgers and the pizza at pool. Burger was just OK. but the pizza was also the worst I have ever taste.
Drinks at bar are also just ok, nothing extraordinary.
Last day when everybody was cheking out and the hotel was going empty; I try to get a late chek out only for two hours more.... they only gave me one.. because they told me that one hour more it was going to be charged to my credit card.
So, First of all after paying that amount of dollars I could really go to a much better hotel in Puerto Vallarta. and I do not know why Hiton is going all-inclusive..
Hilton has to work very hard to keep all the rooms in good conditions and well furniture, And pay more atention to the quality food they serve.

Room Tip: Do not take garden view rooms... the garden views are the buildings just beside the hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

663 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Visited this amazing hotel for lunch during my recent visit to Puerto Vallarta
It has a complete open plan lobby incorporating checkin counters, car rental desks ,bars and wonderfully comfortable lounge chairs of all different shapes and sizes
Staff is very welcoming from the moment you step out of your car or cab

The rooms/suites are incredible -many with their own jacuzzis or pools
Lovely spa and gym and many different restaurants

Celia Levy
Worldview Travel

Room Tip: Ocean facing where possible
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stayed at the hotel from Oct 20th through the 30th. It was the staff that made this hotel excellent. Christian and Marianna at the front desk made sure everything was to our satisfaction. Restaurant staff were wonderful, especially, Martin, Tony and Juan in the Specialty restaurants. At the pool, Juan Carlo and Daniel will make sure you never run out of margaritas.
We stayed in an Ocean View room on the 7th floor and had amazing views of the grounds, beach and sunsets.The bed was quite comfortable (still a little firm)
Quiet resort, no nightlife but very relaxing. Exactly what we needed.
The decor is contemporary without appearing stark and cold. Loved it!!

Tianjin, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I spent 2 nights at the Hilton this past weekend. It was a "puente" in Mexico: a 3 day weekend. We were upgraded to a beautiful suite in Suite Building #2. We had a private rooftop Jacuzzi, and the king sized bedroom was beautiful: all white and shades of blue and grey. The bathroom was just as large! No problems in the suite in terms of comfort. It was very romantic. The only problem was that the hotel had an opening special with kids until 12 stay and eat free. There were little kids and babies everywhere! And people were gorging! The poor food service was a little overwhelmed. We ate the first night in the French restaurant. The food was excellent. There were still kids everywhere. The lighting was very bright: no candles. So, the mixed marketing message refers to a appeal to couples and at the same times towards families; it doesn't work.
One GREAT child-free spot was the rooftop pool and bar on top of Suite building 1. You could order drinks and sushi. And the one time someone brought their granddaughter to the pool and jumped in, security came and made him take her out.
My advice is do not go on a puente! The restaurants filled up and we ended up eating buffet all the time with little kids everywhere. When we went to eat at the buffet late at night to avoid the kids, there wasn't much food left.

Room Tip: My helpful tip is do not book room the suite in building 2 on the ground floor. It has a private poo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Deerfield Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

when you 1st arrive you pull up to an outdoor check in area so i'm thinking to myself wow the weather must be great year round.next to the check in desk is an open air lobby with a great breeze,there's the area for the computers a bar,couches a couple shops and then you see the pool and ocean..WOW we checked in early and our room wasn't ready yet so we went to the restaurant buffet by the pool we had lunch,then took a quick nap on the lounges before our room was ready.finally we make it to our room 7th floor overlooking the pool(room 746) we headed right to the patio WOW again , there's the pool,ocean and mountain views

The service here is top notch we visited only 25 days after they open so some kinks had to be worked out but everyone was great and helpful,some of the names i remember where roberto(bellboy)martin(waiter)chrsitian and alex(front desk).everyone was able to answer or questions and give us tips and advice on getting around PV.i was also impressed that everyone spoke great english..
the pool was so relaxing just sitting in the pool looking at the great views where so relaxing,we also swam in the ocean

my only complaint is the bathroom in our room #746. i like privacy,when using the restroom the room has a frosted glass door that was so close to the toilet that when your sitting down the door was hitting me on my knee's so i had to leave the door open or go down stairs and use the very nice and large bathroom in the lobby and also the shower glass door and toilet glass door are to close..i woke up 1 morning at 6am to use the restroom the shower door was open half way and when i open the toliet door in the dark the 2 glass doors hit very loud and i was afraid i had broken the glass.
also another thing is maybe print out a daily list and leave it in the rooms of what resturants and bars are open that day and what times.it was kind of confusing on where and when to eat

other then those 2 complaint everything was perfect

Thornton, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Upon arrival I was told my room was not ready. I arrived at 1pm and was told check in was at 3pm. I was offered a wristband and told I could go have lunch and relax while my room was being prepared. At 3pm I returned to the front desk and I was told it was still not ready. I was told to wait 15 min and someone would come get me. I waited in the open lobby and as I waited lamp shades from the ceiling began to fall. We did move near abar which leads to the pool since I did not feel my wife and I were safe sitting in the lobby. We still had a direct view to the front desk though.

As of 3:45pm no one had come for us. I checked with the front desk and while they were checking on our room the staff was bring drinks to the other two groups who were checking in. Yes, I know I could have asked for a drink but what is the point of a welcome drink if I have to ask? Finally our room was ready but it was not up to par. (We were there 4 days and three nights and I never saw more than 16 guests). Still don't know how I had to wait for a room.

I made a reservation for a garden view. I was placed in a room that looked towards another hotel wall. When this was brought up to the front desk they stated it was a mistake and moved us but not until I told them that the sink in the bathroom in room 522 would not drain. They tried to fix it and then offered me another room. I was taken to room 731 which had a garden view and 1/2 ocean view. Prior to accepting the room the sink was checked and it was not properly put into service, piping was missing and was not draining either.

We were then taken to room 735. The sink was checked. There were loose parts under the sink and instead of moving again I just fixed it. Bell hop was extremely embarrassed. Sink did drain but was very slow. I did not want to move again since this was cutting into our vacation. Shower in room 522 was excellent. Shower in 735 had no pressure. I did not bring this up to the front desk's attention as I wanted to enjoy my vacation rather than move from room to room. The rooms did not have hangers for the bath towels. How can I hang my towel if there are no hangers? All three rooms did not have hangers/hooks for the bath towels. I found this ironic since there is a notice that says to hang towels on hook so they aren't washed and exchanged in order to be "green."

Room 735 had paint drops on the glass doors and floor from when the room was painted. The remote in room 735 worked great for the TV. On the second night for some reason a different one was placed in the room. This remote did not work. I took it to the front desk and when I returned from dinner the original remote was put back in our room.

In regards to how these issues and how Hilton could have exceeded my expectations would have been to check the toilets, sink and showers prior to booking the room. Adding hooks on the walls prior to booking the room. Cleaning up the paint form the glass doors and floors prior to booking the room. I expect Hilton to WOW me every time. The name speaks for itself. I was hardly wowed this time.

I do want to commend the staff for being friendly and polite. Especially Philippe (sp?) the bell hop who saw my frustration and went out of his way to make sure my wife and I had a good time. He greeted us by name every day and made sure we were having a good time.

I will say the hotel is smaller than I thought but very nice and peaceful. The staff is amazing. The food is okay at best. They have a Mexican and French restaurant which you have to make a reservation for but in the 4 days we were there we never saw it open. The pool staff was great up until around 5:30pm. The staff will bring you drinks and food non-stop while you are in or around the pool but it seemed that around 5:30pm they would disappear.

The pool was amazing and they have another pool on top of the hotel. We went there one night. They have a full bar up there and some sushi. When I say some I mean some..like 6-8 rolls. Not much to choose from but it is there if you want some.

The hotel is all inclusive and the lobby bar and the pool bar are fully stocked. Don't expect the mini bar in your room to be filled with goodies though. The mini bars in the rooms have 1 bud, 1 corona and 1 Pacifico, 1 chocolate bar, 2 Cokes, 1 Sprite and 2 soda waters.

My wife and I would probably not go back but not because we had a horrible time but because we like to see different hotels. I hope Hilton steps up their game with this resort and fixes some of the small nuisances.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Rolando M, Manager at Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear guest,

Please allow me to thank you for sharing your feelings regarding your recent stay with us. Of course it is never pleasant to hear one of our guests has encountered dissatisfaction during their stay. We are committed to excellence without exception and our guests’ satisfaction is the most important point.

Once again thank you for your opinion and great recommendations. Although I read you like visiting different hotels we hope you visit us again in the future and see the improvementes we have made.

Sincerely
Westwood, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stayed here the first week it opened and were very impressed with the property. Our cousins were staying next door at the Icon Vallarta and wished they had booked at the Hilton. The property is new and beautiful - the decor is hip and comfortable. Great sheets and comfortable beds. The food service is still working itself out. Buffets were okay if you knew what to select and the chefs were always willing to make you an a la carte entree at dinner. The shrimp were divine. Stick with the fish and seafood here as it was always fresh. Meat items were questionable. Great mashed potatoes! If you have the all-inclusive plan (and plan to drink a lot) it is a wonderful deal. My cousin had one drink (a margherita) at the bar and it was $8 plus tip. If you drink a lot of beer, wine and cocktails the all inclusive here is a fabulous deal for getting top shelf drinks.
The staff were very professional and security conscious. We were warned by several staff members not to swim in the ocean due to crocodile sightings on the beach nearby. Our cousins were not so informed at the ICON next door where the pools and hot tubs closed at 9:00pm and they had no choice but to swim in the ocean. All the rooms are the same except some are slightly larger - the ones with the ocean views are more expensive - and not really necessary as you can't see much of the ocean from the ground floor anyway. Pool suites are very nice and convenient! Privacy is somewhat of an issue as people can see you in the pool but it is less problematic at night. If you don't want to mess with cooking on your vacation this property is a great deal right now. I wouldn't stay more than 4 nights though as the food options are really very limited. If you are not on the all inclusive plan the rooms just don't have enough space to 'bring your own drinks' or make your own breakfast. It is not that kind of place.
They advertise sushi and tapas at their Sky Bar but I never saw either one. Maybe during high season they will ramp it up! A really good option in the Hotel Zone. But make sure you ask if it's safe to swim in the ocean - especially after it rains.

Room Tip: Higher floors get a view of the ocean but anyone can go up to the skybar and have a fantastic sunset...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Rolando M, Manager at Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Guest,

We would like to express our most sincere gratitude for your comments and for choosing us for your vacations. Every comment you are pointing us is very important so we can keep on improving our food and service.
Hope to have the opportunity to host you in your next stay at Puerto Vallarta.
Regards,

Been to Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort? Share your experiences!