I am sitting in this great place, want write about it while everything is still fresh in mind. My husband and I are traveling with another couple and it is, unfortunately, spring break. This is a great hotel, a good value for the price and splendid vacation place. We are overwhelmed with courtesy from all the staff (with the one exception of a ‘timeshare’ worker who very vehemently denied she had anything to do with timeshare.) The food was wonderful, if they didn’t have 2 coupons for specialty restaurants we would have been fine with the buffet. It had tasty food and a good variety from day to day and tasty drinks.
Across from the hotel there are 3 massage places offering 70 minute massages for twenty five dollars. So far we tried one and plan to try another tomorrow. The massage was professional and although I don’t how much professional training they had, it was relaxing and worth the price. They also have rooms for couples massages, heavenly. FYI: It was the one closest to the dive shop. The dive shop is good it you want that kind of thing. My husband went diving with them, took a refresher course in a neighboring hotel and had a good time. They went diving in Los Arcos, didn’t see much but enjoyed saying he has now dove in the Pacific. The total for it all was ninety US. The refresher was free and the owner (with his wife) are very accommodating and instilled confidence, not at all shady.
Also, if you walk to the entrance and look across the street (right across from the HSBC bank) there is a little outside taco stand. Not much to look at but very good, clean and cheap. All four of us ate for less than twenty.
Over all this is a wonderful trip. Mostly family/couples. Of course there are a few spring breakers but not enough to ruin pool time. Not a single drunk person, can you ask for more? We certainly can’t.
The only things I'd have to pick on are the hard beds, which you may find in many places down here, and the beach which is rocky. If you're looking for a fantastic beach, you might not get it here. But the pool is good and beaches down to the right are less rocky. Playa los muertos has a nice sandy beach and you can get there for 6.5 pesos each way. Look for the 'tunal' bus to get the the romantic old town and the 'centro' bus to get back to the hotel. We took the bus exclusively (even with our luggage from the airport). Wasy on, easy off, hold on to your hats for a wild ride.
- Also Known As:
- Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta Hotel
- Canto Del Sol
- Canto Del Sol Puerto Vallarta
- Canto Del Sol Vallarta
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the center of Puerto Vallarta’s hotel zone, right on Banderas Bay, breathtaking sunsets draw visitors and locals alike to the evening display. Canto del Sol’s colonial-style resort offers guests outstanding value, with an extensive All-Inclusive Program that features: a championship Tennis Club with four outdoor clay courts and four covered Laykol courts; windsurfing; water polo; tequila volleyball; and dance lessons. Guests can choose a vacation as active or as relaxed as they like.The sparkling turquoise water of Mexico’s Pacific Riviera caresses the beachfront of CANTO DEL SOL PLAZA VALLARTA. This perfect vacation resort offers an atmosphere of Fun, Tradition and Tranquility, where guests have everything for their wonderful Puerto Vallarta holiday. Escape from the ordinary, and discover this magnificent oceanfront resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Otel, getaroom.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.