“Amazing Experiejnce... Sad to be home!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta

Save Saved
You added Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta to your Saves list
Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Jose Clemente Orozco 125 | Int. 10 Zona Hotelera Norte, Puerto Vallarta 48333, Mexico   |
Ranked #36 of 121 hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Burnaby, Canada
“Amazing Experiejnce... Sad to be home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I've stayed at two other all inclusive resorts before and by far, this was the best experience I've had.

I came to Canto Del Sol with four other girlfriends. The check in process was pretty seamless. The only downside of this hotel is that they sell time shares and they made us pick up our towel cards from the time share desk and at that point, they were already trying to get us to sit through a presentation the very next day. Luckily, our travel rep advised us to be careful and we declined right away and they didn't hassle us too much with it after.

The services we received from all aspects of the hotel was awesome. Our housekeeper was friendly. The servers were sweet. Shout outs to Alexander and Enrique who made us feel so welcome each time we saw them at the buffet. Daniel the bartender was amazing, he really set the tone for one of our girls' nights by just being amazing. The service at the poolside very attentive as well. I felt very taken care of by all aspects of the trip.

I've never been the type of person who wanted to spend most of my day at the pool, but the activity staff made it so much fun, we ended up spending more than half our day at the pool. :)
The activities staff take out the guest in the evenings to clubs. We went out 3 nights with them and It made it less intimating for us.
Shout outs to Alberto, Brenda, Kenny, Manuel, Osvaldo for making my week such a memorable experience.

The Food - The buffet served the same foods for breakfast and lunch, with a slight variation in the sauces. By day 5 I was pretty bored with the food. The dinner was good, the seafood night was amazing and of course the Mexican night was also amazing.The À la carte restaurant was OK. They rotate Mexican and Italian nights.

The Room - the decor was simple yet functional. The cons - the beds were too hard for my liking, the pillows smelled like sweat and the AC was really loud, however, it did serve the purpose of keeping the room cold.

It really felt like home while we stayed here, and the people were super friendly and I've been back for a few days I actually miss of the people at the resort! I will for sure look to book another trip back at Canto Del Sol!

1,405 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Just returned from a 7 day all inclusive experience for my cousins Stagette / bachelorette / hen party and we honestly had a blast! Everyone was friendly and had huge smiles, from kayaking with Manuel, Josue, and Julio, to aqua aerobics with Oberto, Allen, Kenia, Sylvia, Brenda, and Alberto, to later clubbing and dancing when they accompanied us for a couple nights on the town! We always felt very safe, looked after, and welcomed and the wait staff and bartenders (Miguel, Alexander aka Homer, Daniel, Justin, Dario, Jose, Cris) were personable and just so friendly and hospitable! The events coordination team kept us entertained with nightly entertainment and water activities - we kayaked, swam, and played volleyball and water polo nearly every day. Even when our group had a disagreement (7 days with hangovers and sharing a bed will do that!), Josue, Manuel, and Allen worked really hard to keep us happy and made us make up. *Thank you!*

We did not spend a lot of time in the rooms as we were mostly eating, in the pool or at the Malecon, but they were adequate for what we paid - beds were hard and A/C was loud, but I have travelled across the states and Canada and its usually a hit and miss anyways.

I am a foodie of sorts - I keep a food blog and the food could stand to be a bit better. The selection was decent and I must recommend the chilaquiles (green, por favor) as they were the perfect hangover food, start to the day, or whenever - they do seem to make a batch every other day though, so if they aren't great one day try them the next before you judge. Tacos were delicious, and so was any preparation of pork, and you can request salsa or guac if they do not already have them out.

Pool was maintained every morning and snack bar had tuna sammies, burgers, hot dogs, fries, and chips with queso and salsa if you were feeling peckish at the pool. Swim up bar was my favourite and there were plenty of places to lounge in the pool or out.

We went in what they staff called "Mexican or low season" so there were many local families, as well as a school group from Nayarit staying at the resort, however there were also families and couples from Canada and USA that had stayed at the resort before and that would come again.

Sorry if I have forgotten any names, blame my brain and not my heart!

I am already monitoring prices for another return with my husband and I hope to see you all again!

Room Tip: Splurge for an ocean view with a king sized bed if you're with your SO, or rough it with some gi...
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Just got back from an amazing week at Canto Del Sol! Although it is a smaller hotel, I found it to be more intimate and resulted in the staff being much more attentive to their guests.They made sure we had a great time. They would even remember our names and greet us in the morning over the mic. We were not treated like just another guest. From the activity staff to restaurant servers to the bar tenders to their house keeping staff, they always had enthusiasm and always had a smile on their face. It was never a dull moment, they had activities all day long to keep you busy. When we had any questions or problems they were right on it to answer those questions or to resolve those problems to make your stay more enjoyable. I also loved the little Canto Del Sol dance all the staff did every day, it was so cute! The only complaints and suggestions I would make would be to have more variety of food at the buffet throughout the week, better lighting in the rooms and to have more comfortable beds...they were too hard.

A few of those that I would like to thank for making this trip so enjoyable are those on the activities team: Brenda, Kenia, Joshua, Manuel, Julio, Alberto, Osbaldo, and Alan, I also want to thank Alexander in the restaurant, and last but not least Daniel, who works at the bar. Thanks for making our stay wonderful at Canto Del Sol! Hope to be back soon!!!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I were there for 7 days. Epic spot, right close to many attractions. The staff were good, noteably the activities staff! Ozeal and manuel were both standout guys and we would literally return just to party with them again. Room service was also excellent and everything was very clean. The only weakness within the resort I found was the food. Other than that everyrhing else was awesome!

• Stayed June 2013
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my 20 year old daughter and we both had a relaxing enjoyable time. The location was conveniently close to the heart of the city. The food was good and changed every night while we were there. It is small , but that ended up being a plus for us as we got a chance to know everyone else staying there and the waiters knew us by name and what we drank by the second day.

Room Tip: iur first room faced the next building and was quiet and cool , but a little dark , so we asked for...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Met with Andreas, manger of the hotel & was shown the upgraded rooms. I cannot believe the change in this hotel!!!! The rooms are unreal & the staff is second to none. Restaraunts have changed the menus and the whole concept of staying here is fantastic--close to all the amenities P.V. has to offer--Cost for All Inclusive stays are a real deal. Our 4th trip here, but wiil NOT be our last. If you are looking for an AWESOME place in P.V. THIS IS IT. Watch for Jesus & Jorge at the pool bar----These guys are unreal.

Room Tip: ALL are good.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Swift Current, Saskatchewan, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Hotel was nice staff cared not very many people in June wasn't a party place. Although Oziel the event coordinator took us out on the town and made sure it was fun night life exactly what we were looking for he was the highlight of our trip.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta? Share your experiences!