My sister and I stayed at the Canto del Sol from April 9th to April 23rd. I did my homework before we left Vancouver so I was not expecting the Ritz. I wanted a budget hotel with good reviews and was not disappointed.
I was very pleased with the cleanliness of the resort and the friendly staff. All of the staff were very friendly and cooperative at all times. The beds were perfect in comfort. When we asked to be transferred to another room with a room safe, we were quickly moved with no hassle. When the safe in our new room did not work properly it was taken care of almost immediately. We could always get change with no problem unlike some hotels I have stayed at in PV.
I am somewhat particular about what I eat and I can safely say that I was pleased with the selection at all times. One could always find food to suit taste. The a la carte meals were presently beautifully and the waiters very professional.
The vendors on the beach were very pleasant to deal with and did not bother us at all. It was very enjoyable to sit at the beach all day and have the waiter bring drinks.
My only complaint is the drinks - hello!? Where is the good tequila? I could hardly get the margaritas down and had to switch to Pina Coladas which were not much better. Even the cheapest of tequila 100% agave would be better that that. Was it real tequila?
A huge bonus in staying there was that we met many fine people from Canada also, and especially our friends here in Vancouver. It helped make the trip very enjoyable. We had great fun with them. A big hug to all of you if you are reading this.
We did not stick around for the nightly shows so I can't comment on them. There is far too much to do in town.
I would definitely recommend the Canto del Sol to anyone who appreciates as I did, all of above. I may even return there myself one day with my family, if I can get them to budge.
Congratulations to the management and staff for a job well done!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the center of Puerto Vallarta’s hotel zone, right on Banderas Bay, breathtaking sunsets draw visitors and locals alike to the evening display. Canto del Sol’s colonial-style resort offers guests outstanding value, with an extensive All-Inclusive Program that features: a championship Tennis Club with four outdoor clay courts and four covered Laykol courts; windsurfing; water polo; tequila volleyball; and dance lessons. Guests can choose a vacation as active or as relaxed as they like.The sparkling turquoise water of Mexico’s Pacific Riviera caresses the beachfront of CANTO DEL SOL PLAZA VALLARTA. This perfect vacation resort offers an atmosphere of Fun, Tradition and Tranquility, where guests have everything for their wonderful Puerto Vallarta holiday. Escape from the ordinary, and discover this magnificent oceanfront resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Cheap Tickets, HotelsClick, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Canto Del Sol Puerto Vallarta
- Canto Del Sol Vallarta