This was our second trip to Puerto Vallarta, and our first to Canto Del Sol. We were there from March 11-18, 2013, and we went with my parents, as well as our 2.5 year old daughter and 16 month old son.
Everyone had a blast!
The hotel was smaller than some that we have been to in different areas of the south, and a bit older (though most are in PV). The smaller resort had its benefits and drawbacks. We were never far from our room, which made it easy to run back and forth to grab stuff or change, especially with two little ones. They were very accommodating to give us the main floor when we asked for it, though our room had a terrible view (a broom)... but we were only there to sleep, so it didn't really matter! It would have been nice to have queen beds rather than doubles. It was uncomfortable for my husband and I to share a bed (both smaller people) so one of us always shared a bed with our daughter.
There wasn't as many activities available as we have seen at other larger hotels, but that is probably due to space... they still had a full schedule of activities planned by the pool.
The food was very good. We were always able to find something both us and the kids liked. The kid's buffet was really handy too! We were given 3 a'la carte passes, and used them all at each of the restaurants. Our favourite was the Italian! Definitely order the Spanish coffee... my husband and I don't drink coffee, but we still ordered it for the show, and it actually tasted really good too! :)
The show was really good on some nights, and others we didn't stick around for as it was simply karaoke or bingo.
The water sports were pretty good too. My mom and I went kayaking a couple times, which was really fun. We also went out on the catamaran twice. The guy goes with you and is very good! He is great at sailing and he tells you all about Puerto Vallarta and the hotels in the bay. It was like having our own tour guide! Very cool!
The pool was wonderful, and heated which was great. We especially like the kids pool! It is very shallow, and even has an area that is only 1-2 inches deep. We were able to get chairs by that pool every morning, and watch my daughter play with friends she made, while my son could sit in the super shallow part and splash. They loved it, and it was nice to be only a couple feet from them on our pool chairs, rather than having to swim with them for the full 4 hours that they wanted to!!! :)
Special mention to Cris, the bartender at the lobby, and also the pool bar. He introduced me to a banana mama, and he made the best one on the resort. No one else could make it taste the same!
The hotel lobby had free wifi internet, and we were close enough to it that I sometimes picked it up in our room. They also had a free business centre where you could use their computers. We didn't need it much, but it was nice to send a quick email home.
The location was great. Only a few minutes from the airport and very close to the Malecon and the Marina... about a 50 peso cab ride either way.
Overall, it was a great trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the center of Puerto Vallarta’s hotel zone, right on Banderas Bay, breathtaking sunsets draw visitors and locals alike to the evening display. Canto del Sol’s colonial-style resort offers guests outstanding value, with an extensive All-Inclusive Program that features: a championship Tennis Club with four outdoor clay courts and four covered Laykol courts; windsurfing; water polo; tequila volleyball; and dance lessons. Guests can choose a vacation as active or as relaxed as they like.The sparkling turquoise water of Mexico’s Pacific Riviera caresses the beachfront of CANTO DEL SOL PLAZA VALLARTA. This perfect vacation resort offers an atmosphere of Fun, Tradition and Tranquility, where guests have everything for their wonderful Puerto Vallarta holiday. Escape from the ordinary, and discover this magnificent oceanfront resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Expedia, BookIt.com, Otel, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Canto Del Sol Puerto Vallarta
- Canto Del Sol Vallarta