“Great place if you don't need internet!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta

You added Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta to your Saves list
Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Jose Clemente Orozco 125 | Int. 10 Zona Hotelera Norte, Puerto Vallarta 48333, Mexico   |
Ranked #40 of 124 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Bigfork, Montana
“Great place if you don't need internet!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Canto del Sol is mostly an all inclusive place but you can also trade into here. The food ad entertainment is good; the service is congenial, the pools are nice and it is beachfront so there is a beautiful sunrise every evening! The rooms are roomy, comfortable and air conditioned. All is perfect except alas...no internet! Now they will tell you they have it but it is not strong enough to stay online for for than a minute. It really is inexcusable! They could install another antenna or any number of things. This is like the Dark Ages to us. It is very disappointing as internet is critical to our work. It is close to all kinds of shopping and restaurants...but no internet! So, although we like this place, we will never return because of this one issue. :(

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
milton, ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Went back from Jan 22 2013 to Feb. 12 2013. As usual everyone greeted us and made us feel right at home. Our room was not to ur liking the first day so we were moved as soon as there was availability. Grounds are clean and well kept. Food is varied and every Friday night is Mexican night. Lots of fun games where you win play money and then get to bid on items at the auction later on that evening. Going back again April 8th to 15th this year and hopefully next year for a month.

Room Tip: Rooms on right side of hotel such as 294 or 394 face the ocean and offer a nice view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Saskatoon, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

This was my first experience in taking a holiday like this. I liked the small resort/holiday as it was very easy to get around and to find all the amenities. The Buffet had a very good variety of foods to choose from. My roomDID NOT look like the pictures on the web site. I travelled with a group of nine and some were in a time share. DID NOT look like the pictures on the web site. Was disappointed in the room but it was clean and kept that way all week. They advertisement says it has been remodeled!!!! I am an Interior Designer and will gladly help when I return. Rated a 4 star I think but I would give it a 2.5-3. But the only other trip I have had was a cruise. So hard to make a comparison. I have stayed in many hotels on other occassions and this does not make the list of 4 star. The Entertainment Staff work very hard to keep us entertained. The nightly shows were awesome. BUT everything was over by ten thirty. Okey not ready to go to my room yet!!!!! Staff were very polite and looked after you very well. I am going to return next Feb. I will be travelling alone and I felt very safe here. I am trying to recruit some others to go next year as I would recommend this hotel to any over 40. There isn't enough night life for the younger ones. Roberta

Room Tip: If you can get a good one great. The beds are as hard as cement. I slept in the lounge chair on th...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Regina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We just got back from Canto Del Sol, Our overall experience was excellent! The resort is very very clean and the staff is outstanding! They have a nice variety of food everyday and an evening show every night. This is a very safe resort without too many people. It's not super fancy but for the price ... it's perfect!
This is a super cute, clean, resort where you can go and relax.

Room Tip: Ask for king size bed if needed before hand and ask for pool side room or you could get stuck with a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Surrey, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We had never been to this resort before..it was a last minute all inclusive deal. We were pleasantly surprised and would go back again. The service was great, the evening entertainment was really good, and the food was pretty good considering its the usual all inclusive buffet with a few a la carte choices. Not impressed with the Italian a la carte though. We also had some issues with our room..lots of mildew on the curtains that made the room smell terrible. We were moved to a different room without problems after we mentioned it. Unfortunately, it seems to be a theme at this hotel that you get placed into a less desirable room first and then need to complain to get moved..it would be nice if they upgraded the rooms so you didn't have to go through the hassle.
Besides those few issues we had a great time..the atmosphere was relaxed and fun

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Saskatoon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I once again stayed at this great hotel, It was as good if not better than two years ago. The staff again was very friendly. My check in was a bit slow as I got there at 2:45 PM and they said my room was not ready. But when I got to my room there had been no one in the room as I went to go have a shower and brown water came out of the tap, telling me no one has used it in a while. Do not know why they would make me wait but what ever. The food again was great a little laxs on the Thousand island dressing for salad. The room was cleaned all the time and the maid did a great job. I was there between 25TH of February and March the 4TH. Paublo the bar tender was awesome again as he made sure I got a stalk of celery for my Ceasar he makes the best in Puerto Vallarta. Staff at the pool bar was friendly and quick All in all i will be back the the Canto del sol

Room Tip: All the rooms are great
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

This was our third time staying at Canto and as always it was hard to leave. We found the staff very pleasant and easy to deal with. We had a couple of issues with our room which were quickly resloved when we told the front desk. The hotel is very clean which is very important to us. Even though I can be a picky eater the variety at the buffet is great and never walked away without finding food that I enjoyed. We always lounged by the beach and our waiter Jose is the BEST..always look forward to seeing him. A very friendly, genuine man . Even though the timeshare people can be very annoying, we've learned to just say smile and say "no thanks, not interested". Looking forward to another trip there next year. :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple