“Mother of the bride? No work!” 5 of 5 stars

Carretera a Barra de Navidad Km. 5, Puerto Vallarta 48390, Mexico   |
Ranked #1 of 121 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Mother of the bride? No work!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

So...if you're the mother of the bride, a martha stewart wanna be, food and wine snob, and worry about things like table settings, decor, etc.. Then Playa Fiesta is the place for you! We had a wrap meeting 4 days prior to the event where I handed off decor and our vision for the events and the PF team exceeded my expectations! You can truly leave it all with them and have no worries! The service, attention to detail, food, and overall infectious positive attitudes can not be matched anywhere. And yes, Lindsay is as good as all the reviewers say, she exudes sincerity. Nacho, Alex, Ricardo, Charlie, the sweet housekeepers, everyone, fantastic. Don't hesitate to plan any event here. We had a wedding celebration that lasted for days where we actually got to visit and spend time with each and every guest. Cannot wait to plan a reunion trip back to Playa Fiesta.

Room Tip: Our guests loved all the rooms, but naturally a ocean view is sublime
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

DJ Roberto who plays at this hotel played our wedding and was amazing. He is the go to DJ in the Puerto Vallarta area. He has a great collection of music and is easy to work with. We emailed several times to confirm the 5 hours of music was on point.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel is beautful and intimate. A lovely choice for a destination wedding. Do yourselves a huge favor and suggest that your guests do not venture into areas where there is a huge chance of picking up the norovirus. The hotel is spotless. You never know what is lurking at the large tourist areas, especially if you are not well versed in this sort of thing. Don't bring it back to the wedding party.....it spreads like wildfire.
If you think you may be ill, take proper precautions for the sake of the other guests.
We had a lovely time and enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I just came back from celebrating my 50th birthday at Playa Fiesta. Like most all the reviews communicated, it's truly an amazing place. Lindsay and Adam have created a beautiful haven and filled it with love. The staff is warm, friendly and caring and go to great lengths to make sure everything is perfect. I have been lucky enough to travel around the world and stay at some of the nicest resorts as have most of my globe trotting friends that came for celebration and we were all blown away by the level of service and care at PF. There is no such thing as "No". It's all about, we can do this for you and more. My 50th birthday celebration exceeded all my wildest dreams and expectations. It was very hard to come home!

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Jefferson City, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2015 via mobile

What an incredible place. This facility specializes in group celebrations. They take care of you like family. All the staff knows your name by day 1. The resort is small in size but huge in providing first rate customized customer service. Our group was treated like royalty. I highly recommend Playa Fiesta if your having a special celebration like a wedding, anniversary, birthday or family reunion. The owners will make your occasion memorable.

• Stayed March 2015
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2015

I used to say nothing in life is perfect—until our wedding week at Hotel Playa Fiesta. That week of our lives was beyond perfection. We were married there one month ago, and every day since, I look back to that week with such incredible joy. The entire experience was made possible by Adam and Lindsay, the owners of this beautiful boutique hotel, as well as their exceptional staff. We feel so lucky and so grateful to have met them and to have had our wedding week there.

We came upon Playa Fiesta (PF) after searching for a quick getaway—PF hit our radar quickly as they were, and still are, the #1 hotel in Puerto Vallarta. We weren’t actually looking to marry in Mexico, but after reading the amazing reviews that were mostly tied to weddings, we realized we should take a look at Playa Fiesta for a potential wedding site as well as vacation. We stayed there about 11 months before the wedding—we snagged a room for a couple days after staying at an all-inclusive up the street. The all-inclusive hotel was extremely expensive (multiple times more expensive than PF) and lackluster—while we had a luxury suite and the beach was beautiful, the food was terrible (sometimes inedible), the overall ambience lacking, and we felt like just another hotel guest. When we moved on to Playa Fiesta, it was like paradise found, an oasis, after our taste buds had died at the other hotel. We were immediately taken by the warmth, soul, and charm of Playa Fiesta and the staff. It’s unlike any experience I’ve ever had at any hotel. I would say they treated us like royalty, but that wouldn’t capture the warmth and connection they made with us.

During our first visit, we sat down with Adam and Lindsay, and we were so impressed with their hospitality. They treated us like close friends. There’s no warm-up with Adam—he is instantly inviting, hilarious, and kind. We have shared many laughs with Adam, as well as top-shelf margaritas. His wife Lindsay is one of the most beautiful people, inside and out, that I have ever met in my life. She is positively elegant in every way, from the way she speaks and carries herself, and I very much appreciate her gentle nature. And keeping in mind this is a business and one that specializes in weddings, one might expect to encounter underhanded or unctuous personalities, but this is not Adam or Lindsay or any of the staff. It was so amazing to find such easy people to talk to and, yet, who are extremely professional and expert in the art of weddings.

We had a sampling of their offerings for the wedding week, and we were really just blown away by the quality and thoughtfulness of the food. My husband and I are serious food people—I know that is said a lot, but we really appreciate good food either cooking it ourselves or going out (and we lived in Napa, CA at the time and now back in the Seattle area). Everything was so fresh and delicious. After going over highlights of a sample wedding week and various options, we knew that very day that PF was certainly for us.

Between the two of us, my husband planned the wedding, though really, as he would say, it was all Lindsay (wedding planner extraordinaire) and her assistant Alex. Alex is amazing. I can’t say enough what a lovely woman she is—she has so much heart, really cares about the hotel and the people who stay there, and is so smart. She, like Adam and Lindsay, communicates very clearly, and always so nicely too. Hearing from Lindsay and Alex was always a delight and a warm exchange. My part in all this was helping decide on menus, the flowers, and options for hair and makeup. I was attached to most all the e-mails, and the communication was so fluid. Lindsay and Alex e-mailed us with a decision or two that needed to be made, never a long list—and they did so when they knew the timeline was right. It was just seemingly so easy to plan this wedding week with how Lindsay and Alex do this. We never felt remote from the wedding site as there was clear, easy, and open communication with them. They typically responded within minutes to a couple hours, and always the same day, even on weekends, and certainly even when they were likely flush with loads of other tasks.

We chose our photographer based on 3 that they recommended. We reviewed their lookbook samples, and it was really easy for us to decide on Michelle Turner. Her aesthetic was just so similar to ours—and it was really neat that while we separately reviewed the sample photos, we came together each deciding on her. Michelle was such a pleasure to meet and work with the day of the wedding. My husband and I could just tell she knew exactly what she was doing—she works quickly for posed photos but not in a rushed manner, and for the candid photos, I barely saw her as she was incredibly discreet. The sneak peek we’ve seen of the wedding day is incredible—she captured really amazing moments, many of which we didn’t even know existed.

Going back to the events of the wedding week, we arrived Monday, and we had our wrap-up meeting Tuesday—this was a meeting to finalize plans and run through the schedule. Other than that, there was no business to do, and we could spend our time being with our friends and family—how incredible! The events really kick off Wednesday when everyone has arrived to the hotel. We had such a fabulous time catching up with our nearest and dearest during pool parties we had Wednesday and Thursday. Every single one of our guests commented on how much they LOVED the hotel and the staff. Our wedding guests took over the entire hotel, and we had overflow staying at various places outside, and all the guests on- and off-site were so very impressed with the staff, the ambience, and the food. The chef is a humble man with obvious talent and seemed to really enjoy watching people enjoy his creations. I enjoyed his habanero sauce so much, that the staff always made sure I had it with every meal. At one of the buffet meals, a member of the staff saw me without it, and quickly came up to me with a little ramekin of the good stuff. How amazing is that? Even more incredible was how the staff remembered every guest’s name.

Charlie is the most soulful gentleman of a bartender we’ve ever met—he knows how to make outstanding drinks and remembers everyone’s name and what they like. Everyone loved Charlie! And all the wait staff—I can’t thank them enough for their incredible work, all the heart they put in to making sure the guests were enjoying their stay, and their amazing attentiveness. Never did a glass go empty or a guest want for anything. They were ALWAYS on top of it, diligently going about the pool party to ensure everyone had what they needed. Patrick, Eduardo, Jerry, Ramon, Santana—just to name a few of the many incredible staff who treated us so well. As I’ve said before, they just have so much heart and really care about the guests’ experience—and it truly shows. The rehearsal dinner Wednesday night and the welcome BBQ Thursday couldn’t have been any more wonderful—the food, the service, the drinks were all 5-star perfection. Some of our guests have e-mailed the hotel asking for recipes from the meals they had!

For wedding day hair and makeup, I wanted this done professionally, and Kristi is the makeup artist and hairstylist that PF works with. She is AMAZING! I had a hair/makeup trial Tuesday. We talked about the kind of makeup style I was hoping for, as well as styling my hair in a low chignon. I wore the hair and makeup all day to see how it would hold up, and it lasted the duration! When we met again the day of the wedding, we tweaked a few things (having the chignon a little higher up, changing the makeup just a little). Kristi knows what she is doing! And she is a great listener, understands the myriad of things I requested, and could execute all of it. My makeup lasted all day and all night—amazing! She left me with supplies for touch ups, but I never needed it once. And my hair didn’t look plastered with hairspray or overdone, and yet, it too lasted all night without a stray lock of hair! That’s no easy feat. Kristi was super lovely, so kind, and so easy to work with.

The day of the wedding, Lindsay and Alex, per their usual fashion, were attentive to every detail. They did so much for me. They made sure I was watered and fed. Lindsay was on hand for everything—from placing the veil in my hair, to fluffing my gown right before I walked down the aisle, to directing us on where to proceed next, to keeping us on time. She made the day so smooth for us. I just can’t thank Lindsay and Alex enough for everything they did for me.

Roberto, the Playa Fiesta DJ, is also amazing! Holy cow, he knows music. He did so much more than the typical DJ. His timing on songs for the processional and recessional was perfect. My husband and I were at a loss for how to loop the processional song since it wasn’t quite long enough—but Roberto made such quick work of it! We were stunned how easily he did it—like I said before, he just knows music. Then, for our wedding party’s dance-in to the reception, he perfectly timed those songs and set the celebratory tone for the evening. For the reception, the jazzy mix of music he played was so classy and really added such a nice touch to the dinner. My husband and I have been to so many weddings where the DJ really inhibited the dance party, and oftentimes moved people off the dance floor by poor selections, but not Roberto. He really kept the party going all night! He read the dance party so well, and just knew what to put on next. Roberto was also so easy to work with—communication by e-mail prior to meeting him told us a lot about him. He too has a lot of heart. He is the best DJ I have ever encountered—and, again, I have been to a lot of weddings. We had so many guests at the wedding comment on how awesome Roberto was.

Let’s talk about the cake too. WOW! I love cake and will never refuse it if offered; however, I’m not typically wowed by cake, especially wedding cake. All too often, wedding cake is dry, flavorless, and mealy (though pretty). Our wedding cake was beautiful AND scrumptious. There are 3-4 elegant designs to choose from—they were all so beautiful, it was hard to pick. We selected carrot cake as well as raspberry orange. When the latter was offered at the tasting, that was last on my list until I tried it! It was so tropical, and between the layers of white cake it was full of fresh raspberries. It was definitely a WOW-cake. Everyone enjoyed it the day of the wedding as well as when it was served along with brunch the next day. I ate it again at 3 AM the night of the wedding—I just had to have it again, it was so good.

The hotel property is impeccably and beautifully maintained. The common areas have been planned for good flow and socializing, with no one isolated by themselves. We weren’t sure how everyone would mingle as not everyone knew each other, but we were so delighted to see our guests come together just like they’ve known each other for years! The rooms are gorgeous with beautiful furnishings, tiled baths/showers, and an authentic, chic Mexican feel. Our wedding suite was huge and stunning. Everyone who had the chance to see it gasped in amazement—for how pretty it was and all the amenities (full kitchen, dining area, living room, large patio, high ceilings, and on!). The hotel had everything I wanted, and I never desired to leave—in fact, I never left the property the entire week we were there.

Lindsay and Adam have created something really very special in Playa Fiesta. Along with my former practice of saying nothing is ever perfect, I also never described anything as magical. But, now, I’ve found it—and Playa Fiesta really is a magical place, and it’s the people at PF that make it that way. That kind of soul and personality comes from within. It really is an incredible collection of people, personality, and true love for what they do. They made our wedding week beyond anything I could have asked for or imagined. Because of them, I’ve never experienced so much joy in all my life—it was so special. Regarding cost, it really was the most reasonable place we could have booked. Renting properties we reviewed in NoCal cost as much as our entire PF week. My husband and I had no stress at all in planning the wedding—Lindsay and Alex take it all on and do so with such grace. Our wedding was absolutely worth every last dollar, and then some. So many of our friends want to come back with us every year. Even well before the week was over, friends asked about joining us again, asking us even to renew our vows at Playa Fiesta, or join us for anniversaries. They too had never encountered such an incredible place. Thank you Lindsay, Adam, Alex, and ALL the beautiful people at Playa Fiesta—you’re so very special to us.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2015

Let me start by saying that I would give Playa Fiesta and its entire staff a 10 star if tripadvisor allowed it; I might just have to write a second 5 star to make it right. We got married here a few weeks ago and the hotel and its staff not only far exceeded our expectations, they surpassed even our loftiest dreams for the entire week.

I was the groom, and had the unusual (so I hear) role of being the primary planner for our wedding. We had been searching for a place to get married where all of our friends could stay on the property with us and we could have the property to ourselves, where the food would be amazing and the bar would be open, and everyone with a widely divergent set of tastes and sensibilities would be delighted to stay. After realizing that it wasn't going to happen in Northern California, we happened upon Playa Fiesta while on a vacation in Puerto Vallarta and immediately knew that we had found our impossible gem.

Lindsay and Adam are the owners and they are fantastic. All warmth and heart from the moment you meet them. Lindsay is the wedding planner and I've rarely met anyone more responsive, more detail oriented, more organized, or more helpful, and her assistant Alex is every bit as good. Nearly every one of my emails received a response within two hours, even on weekends and days when they were running another wedding, and over the ten months of planning, I don't think there was a single time where an email didn't have a response within a day. They were outstanding at laying out a set of decisions that needed to be made and patiently answering my questions and walking me through what any decision might look like on the big day. If we ever lagged on responding for a few weeks, Lindsay and Alex were great at following up and keeping us on track. When we made one set of decisions, they always followed up with the next set so that we knew where we were and what needed to be done, and all without us ever feeling pressured. It was easy, something I never thought I would say about planning a wedding, and that is all because of Lindsay and Alex. By the time we arrived at the hotel the week of the wedding, nearly all of the decisions were made and we were able to spend most of our time enjoying the people we love most in the world and not worrying about the details of the wedding.

Which leads me to the staff who took care of us during the best week of our lives. They are unlike any staff I have encountered before. We had 78 guests at our wedding, and by the second day the bar and wait staff knew each of their names, as well as their dietary restrictions, and what they liked to drink. On the first day I asked for some habanero hot sauce to go with my meal. After that, every meal that I ordered was accompanied by a side of habanero sauce. And my experience wasn't unique because I was the groom. Over the course of the week, every single guest told me on multiple occasions how blown away they were by the attentiveness and warmth of the staff, and each person had a story about how a staff member had known them and remembered something about them. Even members of our family who were worried about traveling to Mexico or were skeptics because of previous bad experiences in Mexico were made into believers within a day. By the end of the week, a lot of guests told us that they loved Playa Fiesta so much that they we had to organize a group trip every 3-5 years.

We were amongst the last of our friends to get married, so we've been to enough weddings to know that even at great weddings, things don't go according to plan. This wedding was seamless. I thought that perhaps Lindsay and Alex just did a great job of insulating us from hearing about any hiccups. Nope. I talked to all of the guests and every last one said that everything had gone perfectly. My wife was always a bit skeptical about a big wedding, but she said it was the best day and week of her life, and that she has never known such joy. I cannot thank everyone at Playa Fiesta enough for that gift. Somehow Lindsay even talked a humpback whale and her calf into putting on a full 20 minute show at sunset on the wedding day - amazing!

I should also take a moment to discuss the food. We love food. We love to cook and we love creative, thoughtful, inspired restaurants. So when it came to the wedding, good food was a huge priority. Playa Fiesta delivered in spades, even on the wedding day when they had 80 guests with seemingly 30 different dietary restrictions. Even my 83 year old grandfather who just wants a hamburger for dinner every day and can't tolerate any spice, loved the food. I cannot say enough times what a gem Playa Fiesta is and how indebted we feel to the entire staff for everything they did for us and the people we love.

Finally, the DJ. We've been to plenty of weddings with a DJ that hindered the dance party rather than set it off. That was not the case with Roberto at Playa Fiesta. He nailed it. From the pre-ceremony music all the way through to the final song when fully 95% of the guests were still on the dance floor, Roberto was on it.

Ultimately we got everything we wanted and more from the entire week, with perfect execution, no unnecessary stress (no getting around the nerves of writing your vows), hearts full, and all for a fraction of what it would have cost us to do something lesser in Northern California. Weddings aren't cheap, and there's no getting around that, but we feel like we got a bargain in Playa Fiesta. It was worth every penny.

If you're thinking about getting married at Playa Fiesta, all I can tell you is that you should do it. If you're attending a wedding at Playa Fiesta, I'm envious. We'll be back every year, because the people at Playa Fiesta are incomparable, and the setting is spectacular. Its our favorite place.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Been to Playa Fiesta BeachClub & Hotel? Share your experiences!