“Do not hesitate!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 120 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Oakland, California
“Do not hesitate!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I got married in March of 2014 at the Hotel Playa Fiesta. Instead of just a 4 hour affair, our wedding spanned over 4 magical days with 50 or our closes friends and every single minute was perfect. From the moment we were greeted to the moment we departed, every single detail of our stay and of our wedding was planned and executed beautifully, not just for us but for all of our happy guests.

I'm a person who can always find a whole in something, something that could be better, and in this case, I would not change a single thing. This trip and this wedding were the pinnacle of perfection. The hospitality, the food, the spectacular venue, the gorgeous cake, the beautiful rooms, the lovingly attentive staff, the awesome DJ, the breathtaking views, I couldn't have asked for anything more, in any respect.

And, the crowning jewel of awesomeness was the wedding itself and it's meticulous planning. Lindsay, the proprietress, was on top even the minutest of details. She made everything seem effortless, while everything ran like clockwork. She is incredibly professional, but at the same time she was very caring and empathetic; she felt like both a wedding planner and a close girlfriend ~ the way she handled every nuance was amazing.

We brought our own officiants and flew in our own photographer, close family friends (who did a PERFECT job as well), and they all had a wonderful time. Every time I talk to someone who was at our wedding, they ask when we can all go back. :-)

Obviously, wedding like that is a once-in-a-lifetime affair, but if I could do it again, I would. And I would not hesitate for a single second to recommend the Playa Fiesta as a wedding venue. And as someone from the San Francisco Bay Area, we also thought it was a good value. We had a class A+ 4 day celebration for what would have gotten us a class C afternoon wedding had we stayed at home.

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. If you considering getting married at the Playa Fiesta, don't hesitate. No more research is needed, you've found the place. <3

Room Tip: We walked the whole hotel and every room is beautiful.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Burlington Twp, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

I am writing this review from the perspective of the Groom who's job was to help make decisions after my wonderful Bride did most the the research and legwork...meaning she researched dozens upon dozens of locations and only brought to my attention the one's she thought had "potential". As a bride to be, she was going to get whatever she wanted no matter what, and I felt like my job was to first make sure we didn't spend a gazillion dollars and second make sure we didn't jump into some second rate location that everyone would hate...

{sidebar} I know my review is kinda long but just stick with me, you're going to want to hear what I have to say once we arrived at Playa Fiesta {end sidebar}

So with every location she brought to me, what I did first, was look at all the available pictures of the location and if everything passed the eye test, I scoured the reviews. She tended to concentrate on the positive reviews...I did the exact opposite, I wanted to know (1) how many bad reviews there were and (2) what issues they were complaining about...the several locations she brought to me before Playa Fiesta, all looked "nice" but when I delved into the negative reviews, I didn't like hearing people talk about theft, bed bugs, bad food, rude staff etc...that really worried me. If we were going to ask people to spend good money to fly across the country to attend our wedding, the last thing I wanted to happen was their money being stolen out of their safe or bringing bed bugs home GROSS...

So she finally got Playa Fiesta in front of me and I thought the pictures looked "pretty nice". I'll be honest, I wasn't absolutely floored by the pictures, I thought "it's nice, that'll work"...Then I looked at the reviews and was very surprised to see there were very few negative reviews. I read thru all the negatives ones in a couple of minutes (opposed to page after page on other locations) and there didn't seem to be anything too bad. Nothing about theft and nothing about bed bugs. Truthfully, I don't even remember what the bad ones said, I just know it wasn't anything that worried me about our guests. So since there were so few bad reviews, I started reading all the good ones and all the people were just straight gushing about this place, like seriously over the top gushing. So....very few bad reviews and plenty of ridiculous praising reviews?? Well from my perspective, it passed all my tests: nice looking place and nothing terrible going on there, DONE. We worked out all the details with Lindsay and Adam thru emails and phone calls; they were both very attentive and highly responsive. They really made it easy and answered any questions or concerns we had very quickly.

So the day arrives and we finally arrive at Playa Fiesta...and what I noticed very quickly after walking around the hotel was this place is LEGIT BEAUTIFUL! The pictures don't do it any justice. The whole atmosphere and beauty of the entire premises is just STUNNING. When we got to our room and I was just completely floored, WOW...i really wasn't expecting this. When we toured the other rooms during room assignments, I just really couldn't believe how nice all the other rooms were too! All the standard rooms are nice but the suites are just ridiculous! I was sooo impressed and couldn't wait for our guests to get there and see everything for the first time.

Our first meal there was excellent and so was every single meal thereafter! The breakfast everyday was soooooooooo good! And all the dinners & desserts of our package were so satisfyingly delicious! I'm not really a Mexican food guy, but my god was every single meal delicious! I cannot remember one thing of any meal like I didn't like. You really wouldn't expect "all inclusive" food to be this good, but it TRULY was!

Now onto the staff...THE ENTIRE STAFF WAS FIRST CLASS IN EVERY WAY!...to name a few names: Charlie (everyone loves Charlie), Patrick, Arnold, Nacho, Carlos, Santana, etc...they truly and utterly took care of you. Always asking if you need anything and bringing it to you quickly...drinks, towels, water, food whatever...they served you like you were the President. Things that were lost or left from the previous day, were always found. I routinely left $20's and $100's just sitting on a chair for hours unattended, nothing happened...I even left $100 at the pool, came back on hour later and there was $110! kidding of course, but thats how good and trust worthy they are! Idk if i would have felt that comfortable at other places...the whole staff just seemed like legitimately good people and extremely friendly. They absolutely enhanced the entire experience.

Finally the Wedding Day: LINDSAY IS JUST FLAT OUT AWESOME! You can easily tell that she has done hundreds of these before, she is on point. And at the same time, it legitimately feels like she cares and wants the day to be as special as she can possibly make it, which she totally did for us. You can rest assured that, whatever it is you want done, she'll get it done and she'll get it done even better than you could have imagined. Simply put, she was a pleasure to work with and took all of the worries off our plate so we could enjoy the week. FANTASTIC! FANTASTIC! FANTASTIC! She goes the extra mile and does things you didn't ask for or pay for, to make your wedding special....you'll know what I mean, when the day comes for you.

OVERALL - EVERYTHING EXCEEDED MY EXPECTATIONS BY A MILE! This is literally the first review I have ever written in my life (and I'm an old 35) but I felt this truly truly deserved it! For any bride or groom thats out there searching like we were, I really hope this review helps you find Playa Fiesta!! YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED, I PROMISE!! I often described the whole vacation to people like this "it was like all my good friends and family, were hanging out in Bill Gates mansion by the beach for a week, with servants and butlers and maids attending to our every need with a gourmet chef cooking all of our meals"....I really couldn't have imagined a better wedding week, then the one we had at Playa Fiesta...

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

My Husband & I had our wedding at Playa Fiesta in March 2013. This review is way over due! At first, we were hesitant about having a destination wedding and now...we would not have done it any other way. We had no regrets thanks to Playa Fiesta and the staff. We worked with Lindsay and Adam for about a year before the wedding and the experience was nothing but the best. Lindsay is so AMAZING! I can not even describe how good she is at what she does as the coordinator! We feel so lucky to have had her overseeing everything for us. She so detail oriented and her ability to think of every little thing was just amazing to us. She and the staff were such a big part of turning our thoughts and visions to reality and we thank them for that.

We are so happy with how everything was and LOVED our decision to get married at Playa Fiesta. It was truly a wonderful experience we, our family, & friends will never forget :) To this day, we still talk about how it was not only a wedding for us, but a vacation of a lifetime. All our family and friends can not wait to go back and still talk bout how amazing the hotel, staff, and wedding was! :) If you are considering having a wedding here, you are making the best decision ever! We are so happy and thankful that we chose Playa Fiesta to have had our wedding. It truely was a dream come true for us. We could not have had it at a better place.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

This review is about 5 years in the making. In 2009 we had the wedding of our dreams at Playa Fiesta. But lucky for us, that was just the beginning of our experience at what I like to call my happy place. We go back to PF almost every year since our wedding. The 1st year, I thought, there’s no way it’s going to be as good this time. We won’t get special treatment and it won’t just be our friends and family there. WRONG. The service doesn’t change just because you’re a traditional hotel customer. They treat EVERYONE as if they are a VIP guest. The food is amazing and I always sleep like a baby in their luxury rooms. The location of PF is perfect. Because it’s only a 10 minute taxi ride from Old Town PV, you can lay by the pool all day and then head into town for dinner. Usually I am one of those travelers that doesn’t like interacting with other guests, but at PF we’ve made several friends that we stay in touch with and see back in The States! It feels like our home away from home and even though we consider ourselves travel junkies and have a lot of destinations yet to visit, we can’t help returning to Playa Fiesta every chance we get. And because PF is also family friendly, we can’t wait to get back there this year and share our favorite vacation spot with our baby girl!

Room Tip: Get ocean front if you can. The 3rd floor has easy access to the pool areas.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Playa Fiesta provided our perfect destination wedding. Words cannot express how grateful we are to have stumbled upon such a Gem!! Lindsay, Adam, and the entire staff treated us and our guest like family! Our grueling search for the right destination wedding venue had its bumps and bruises, but when we finally found Playa Fiesta, Lindsay and Adam were beyond AMAZING. They definitely exceeded our highest expectations. Not only was the location simply BEAUTIFUL, but it was also private and intimate! The hotel is perfect for family and friends to spend time together and really get to know each other, which made our wedding day that much more special. Lindsay did a fabulous job in helping out with the details one might miss, both her experience combined with her love for weddings truly shined on our day. From the smallest details to the main event, throughout our stay nothing was missed! If you are planning a destination wedding/reunion/group event or a simple get away and you want little to no stress, beautiful tropical scenery, wonderful service, amazing views a truly unforgettable and wonderful experience - LOOK NO FURTHER!!

Lindsay, Adam and everyone we had the pleasure of meeting.
We can't wait to return and make more memories!!
Ben & Laura G.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We booked a week at Playa Fiesta thinking we would be amongst wedding goers, but we lucked out the owners were on vacation (not that we didn't want to meet them, but because they were gone there were no weddings scheduled). There was us and a larger family there for the majority of the week . . . it was like Playa Fiesta was all ours with wonderful staff taking care of our every need. I truly mean that - anything we asked for was accommodated. Carlos, our bartender, was great - very friendly, made us very creative drinks throughout the day. Patricio - full of life and kept us in a festive mood. He made sure our stay was the absolutely the best - and it was.

The restaurant on site was great - we had planned to go out to various restaurants but for the most part the food was so good we opted to say in and eat on site. Breakfast, lunches and dinners were all good - so please take advantage to the down time and enjoy.

Short drive to town - 8 pesos by bus and 10 - 12 pesos by cab (cabs are always waiting onsite).

If you are staying there to really get some down time - get their breakfast/drink package it is worth it.

Room Tip: We peaked into most rooms - they were all good size and beautiful. There are a lot of stairs with n...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Novato
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

My best friend booked her wedding at playa fiesta and asked my 3 year old daughter to be in her wedding. I was thrilled yet apprehensive of bringing my daughter to another country. I'll be honest, I was scared. Playa Fiesta gave us a number to get a van to pick us up from the airport, upon arriving there was a woman holding a sign with our names and directed us directly to the van, where the driver loaded out luggage and even had a car seat there for us. We arrived at playa fiesta and were welcomed with open arms as well as chips and guacomole! Super yummy. The staff was beyond amazing!! I felt comfortable and safe!! Through out the day and night the staff checked in on us and our daughter, who received ice cream in the pool (thank you Patrick!) I can honestly say this was my favorite trip!! If I could give this review more then 5 stars I would! The staff went above and beyond and we are so grateful! I want to say again how safe I felt and what an amazing experience my daughter got to enjoy! I will hands down go there again and tell all my family and friends about my wonderful experience at playa fiesta!!! I didn't even talk about how beautiful the resort was but honestly the pictures don't even do it justice!! Thank you Lindsay and the rest of the staff! Hope to see you all very soon!! Xo

• Stayed May 2014

Been to Playa Fiesta BeachClub & Hotel? Share your experiences!