“Our destination wedding Gem!!” 5 of 5 stars

Playa Fiesta BeachClub & Hotel
Carretera a Barra de Navidad Km. 5, Puerto Vallarta 48390, Mexico   |
Ranked #1 of 120 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Phoenix, Arizona
“Our destination wedding Gem!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Playa Fiesta provided our perfect destination wedding. Words cannot express how grateful we are to have stumbled upon such a Gem!! Lindsay, Adam, and the entire staff treated us and our guest like family! Our grueling search for the right destination wedding venue had its bumps and bruises, but when we finally found Playa Fiesta, Lindsay and Adam were beyond AMAZING. They definitely exceeded our highest expectations. Not only was the location simply BEAUTIFUL, but it was also private and intimate! The hotel is perfect for family and friends to spend time together and really get to know each other, which made our wedding day that much more special. Lindsay did a fabulous job in helping out with the details one might miss, both her experience combined with her love for weddings truly shined on our day. From the smallest details to the main event, throughout our stay nothing was missed! If you are planning a destination wedding/reunion/group event or a simple get away and you want little to no stress, beautiful tropical scenery, wonderful service, amazing views a truly unforgettable and wonderful experience - LOOK NO FURTHER!!

Lindsay, Adam and everyone we had the pleasure of meeting.
We can't wait to return and make more memories!!
Ben & Laura G.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We booked a week at Playa Fiesta thinking we would be amongst wedding goers, but we lucked out the owners were on vacation (not that we didn't want to meet them, but because they were gone there were no weddings scheduled). There was us and a larger family there for the majority of the week . . . it was like Playa Fiesta was all ours with wonderful staff taking care of our every need. I truly mean that - anything we asked for was accommodated. Carlos, our bartender, was great - very friendly, made us very creative drinks throughout the day. Patricio - full of life and kept us in a festive mood. He made sure our stay was the absolutely the best - and it was.

The restaurant on site was great - we had planned to go out to various restaurants but for the most part the food was so good we opted to say in and eat on site. Breakfast, lunches and dinners were all good - so please take advantage to the down time and enjoy.

Short drive to town - 8 pesos by bus and 10 - 12 pesos by cab (cabs are always waiting onsite).

If you are staying there to really get some down time - get their breakfast/drink package it is worth it.

Room Tip: We peaked into most rooms - they were all good size and beautiful. There are a lot of stairs with n...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Novato
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

My best friend booked her wedding at playa fiesta and asked my 3 year old daughter to be in her wedding. I was thrilled yet apprehensive of bringing my daughter to another country. I'll be honest, I was scared. Playa Fiesta gave us a number to get a van to pick us up from the airport, upon arriving there was a woman holding a sign with our names and directed us directly to the van, where the driver loaded out luggage and even had a car seat there for us. We arrived at playa fiesta and were welcomed with open arms as well as chips and guacomole! Super yummy. The staff was beyond amazing!! I felt comfortable and safe!! Through out the day and night the staff checked in on us and our daughter, who received ice cream in the pool (thank you Patrick!) I can honestly say this was my favorite trip!! If I could give this review more then 5 stars I would! The staff went above and beyond and we are so grateful! I want to say again how safe I felt and what an amazing experience my daughter got to enjoy! I will hands down go there again and tell all my family and friends about my wonderful experience at playa fiesta!!! I didn't even talk about how beautiful the resort was but honestly the pictures don't even do it justice!! Thank you Lindsay and the rest of the staff! Hope to see you all very soon!! Xo

• Stayed May 2014
Toledo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

My wife and I had our wedding here 2/21/14 and it was perfect. Did a total hotel takeover and that's what I recommend if you have enough people. Service was outstanding as was the property. Friends and relatives are still talking about it 3 months later. Most of the guests say it was "the best wedding they've ever attended." Can't go wrong here if you're considering it just do it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

This review is long overdue. My husband and I got married here in May 2013. I am not sure what else I can say that hasn't already been said about how beautiful this hotel really is. The location, the views, and the rooms are all 5 star quality. We been to puerto Vallarta in the past and stayed at 2 different Starwood properties, the Westin at the Marina, and the St. Regis in Punta Mita. Given the choice, I would stay at playa time and time again over both of these! Service was excellent, food was great (I still crave the chiliquiles from the breakfast buffet) the sunset views, and oceanfront rooms were incredible! As for our wedding, it was everything I had expected and more. My guests still rave about the trip. Lindsey is absolute perfection, as everyone has stated. She is patient, and attentive, which made for a seamless and "no stress" wedding day.
We ended up getting "legally married" prior to our trip, and did the "spiritual" wedding at. Playa. Despite this, our day was just as magical and special and REAL as it could have been. And to make it even more special, my uncle got ordained and married us! We did a 7pm ceremony, and the lighting couldn't have been more beautiful. As a piece of advice- if you have a wedding videographer, have him stand closer to the stage. As beautiful as the waves sounded in the background of our ceremony, it's very hard to hear what is going on.
If there is one review that really sums up the experience, it came from my father. He always knew I wanted a destination wedding, and had voiced his concerns multiple times. He was worried about cost, travel for family, and not having a traditional "church" wedding. At the end of the trip he pulled me aside and said this was an incredible venue, and now understood why I wanted a wedding like this. He also said, if he had a choice in the matter, he would recommend a "destination" for all weddings. He loved playa. There was not a moment during our stay there wasn't a huge smile on his face. I can't wait to come back here and enjoy the beautiful intimacy of this hotel for an anniversary trip!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Petaluma, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Down to every last tiny detail, Lindsay, Adam, Alex and their amazing staff have it covered!!! I just helped planned my sister’s wedding at Playa Fiesta and it was by far the best wedding I've ever been too. The planning itself is a well-oiled machine and it's very seamless. Sometimes you feel like they are asking a lot of small details questions, but then you realize that’s how they run such a smooth wedding and literally have to ask us nothing on the wedding day. My sister was able to just enjoy everything and it was truly magical for her.

Everyone in our group was blown away by the hotel, staff, food (delicious!!!), hospitality, and the pool! Most of the group spent the majority of the time lounging by the pool relaxing, with the occasional dip in the warm ocean. The rooms are well equipped, spacious and comfortable. They are cleaned immaculately each day. Massages in hotel room were a wonderful relaxing addition to the wedding weekend festivities.

On the wedding day, the food was extra delicious and service during the wedding was very attentive. People just got to sit back, relax and enjoy. The dance floor over the pool was really fun and the DJ kept us rocking all night. He played a great mix of his own music and our suggested list of songs. Where else can a wedding go until 1am with no concern for noise issues?!? Amazing.

Travel downtown and to airport to was easy & cheap. Everyone felt very safe in PV and folks ventured downtown for lunches, shopping or late night fun. The hotel help arranged snorkel, scuba and fishing trips for those feeling more adventurous. I brought my two young children as well and they were treated like royalty by the staff. The staff will literally get you anything you need delivered at the drop of a hat if your forgot something. I can't say enough good things about Playa Fiesta and if you are planning a wedding there...add the fireworks show...it's phenomenal!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

My husband and I had an unbelievable experience at Playa Fiesta. We recently got married there and we shared this amazing hotel with our closest friends and family.

Soon after getting engaged, I extensively researched for THAT perfect wedding destination for months. I looked all over Mexico and the surrounding Islands. I came across Playa Fiesta like most of you - it's the #1 hotel in Puerto Vallarta. And like most of you, I read the reviews and was amazed at how positive the reviews were. So I emailed Lindsay, and like everyone said, she replied within minutes. Instantly, I knew all the raving reviews had to be true.

So this review is coming from a bride who 1) has never been to Mexico 2) has never visited Playa Fiesta 3) made the decision to get married at this beautiful hotel based PURELY on reviews on tripadvisor & googling pictures of the hotel and 4) saw the hotel for the first time on our wedding week.. I cannot express how impressed, excited, and blown away I was at first sight. I clapped and jumped around like a crazy woman as we toured the hotel. It's simply beautiful and BAR NONE, the most incredible hotel. It is the perfect location if you are looking for THAT perfect intimate beach destination wedding. I mean, the ENTIRE hotel for you and your loved ones? It's like having your own beach mansion with the amenities & service of a top notch hotel. You can't go wrong.

So…

All the wonderful things everyone has said about Lindsay is 100% true. She's super attentive, honest, and organized. Seriously, her brain must be going a hundred miles an hour with all the brides she deals with, yet she keeps it calm, cool & collected, while making you feel like you're the only one. They make the planning process super easy and stress free. The week of the wedding, Lindsay does all the background work, clarifies any questions, and gets your input as you relax and hang out poolside with friends and family.

The staff & service - wow!. Nacho, Charlie (everyone's best friend), Carlos, Patrick, Alex, Santana, etc -- LOOOVEEE them! You can leave your belongings - wallet, phone, camera anywhere and not be worried about it - amazing!

The hotel is GORGEOUS. The pictures do not do it justice! It is well maintained and clean. Tropical but modern. The rooms are lovely, the pools are perfect, the grounds are stunning, the views are breath taking, and the ambiance is out of this world! I had a difficult time finding pictures of the restaurant/reception area when I was researching the hotel- but it's beautiful in person!

The food was amazing. We had dinner buffets & dessert every night and the food was soooo delicious. All of our guests were impressed with the taste & food quality of every meal. You MUST try the shrimp quesadillas from the lunch menu, fried ice cream, and the shrimp ceviche in a tortilla cup from the wedding menu. The traditional brunch the day after the wedding was the best! The coconut smoothie and the pink shots - yummy!

The owners, Lindsay & Adam, are doing such an amazing job. It's obvious they focus on QUALITY. Quality staff, food, service, hotel, and experience.

Playa Fiesta is truly deserving of their #1rating. We can't wait to return!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Playa Fiesta BeachClub & Hotel? Share your experiences!