“Best Wedding Spot Out There” 5 of 5 stars

Playa Fiesta BeachClub & Hotel
Carretera a Barra de Navidad Km. 5, Puerto Vallarta 48390, Mexico   |
Ranked #1 of 121 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Toledo
“Best Wedding Spot Out There”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

My wife and I had our wedding here 2/21/14 and it was perfect. Did a total hotel takeover and that's what I recommend if you have enough people. Service was outstanding as was the property. Friends and relatives are still talking about it 3 months later. Most of the guests say it was "the best wedding they've ever attended." Can't go wrong here if you're considering it just do it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

This review is long overdue. My husband and I got married here in May 2013. I am not sure what else I can say that hasn't already been said about how beautiful this hotel really is. The location, the views, and the rooms are all 5 star quality. We been to puerto Vallarta in the past and stayed at 2 different Starwood properties, the Westin at the Marina, and the St. Regis in Punta Mita. Given the choice, I would stay at playa time and time again over both of these! Service was excellent, food was great (I still crave the chiliquiles from the breakfast buffet) the sunset views, and oceanfront rooms were incredible! As for our wedding, it was everything I had expected and more. My guests still rave about the trip. Lindsey is absolute perfection, as everyone has stated. She is patient, and attentive, which made for a seamless and "no stress" wedding day.
We ended up getting "legally married" prior to our trip, and did the "spiritual" wedding at. Playa. Despite this, our day was just as magical and special and REAL as it could have been. And to make it even more special, my uncle got ordained and married us! We did a 7pm ceremony, and the lighting couldn't have been more beautiful. As a piece of advice- if you have a wedding videographer, have him stand closer to the stage. As beautiful as the waves sounded in the background of our ceremony, it's very hard to hear what is going on.
If there is one review that really sums up the experience, it came from my father. He always knew I wanted a destination wedding, and had voiced his concerns multiple times. He was worried about cost, travel for family, and not having a traditional "church" wedding. At the end of the trip he pulled me aside and said this was an incredible venue, and now understood why I wanted a wedding like this. He also said, if he had a choice in the matter, he would recommend a "destination" for all weddings. He loved playa. There was not a moment during our stay there wasn't a huge smile on his face. I can't wait to come back here and enjoy the beautiful intimacy of this hotel for an anniversary trip!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Petaluma, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Down to every last tiny detail, Lindsay, Adam, Alex and their amazing staff have it covered!!! I just helped planned my sister’s wedding at Playa Fiesta and it was by far the best wedding I've ever been too. The planning itself is a well-oiled machine and it's very seamless. Sometimes you feel like they are asking a lot of small details questions, but then you realize that’s how they run such a smooth wedding and literally have to ask us nothing on the wedding day. My sister was able to just enjoy everything and it was truly magical for her.

Everyone in our group was blown away by the hotel, staff, food (delicious!!!), hospitality, and the pool! Most of the group spent the majority of the time lounging by the pool relaxing, with the occasional dip in the warm ocean. The rooms are well equipped, spacious and comfortable. They are cleaned immaculately each day. Massages in hotel room were a wonderful relaxing addition to the wedding weekend festivities.

On the wedding day, the food was extra delicious and service during the wedding was very attentive. People just got to sit back, relax and enjoy. The dance floor over the pool was really fun and the DJ kept us rocking all night. He played a great mix of his own music and our suggested list of songs. Where else can a wedding go until 1am with no concern for noise issues?!? Amazing.

Travel downtown and to airport to was easy & cheap. Everyone felt very safe in PV and folks ventured downtown for lunches, shopping or late night fun. The hotel help arranged snorkel, scuba and fishing trips for those feeling more adventurous. I brought my two young children as well and they were treated like royalty by the staff. The staff will literally get you anything you need delivered at the drop of a hat if your forgot something. I can't say enough good things about Playa Fiesta and if you are planning a wedding there...add the fireworks show...it's phenomenal!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

My husband and I had an unbelievable experience at Playa Fiesta. We recently got married there and we shared this amazing hotel with our closest friends and family.

Soon after getting engaged, I extensively researched for THAT perfect wedding destination for months. I looked all over Mexico and the surrounding Islands. I came across Playa Fiesta like most of you - it's the #1 hotel in Puerto Vallarta. And like most of you, I read the reviews and was amazed at how positive the reviews were. So I emailed Lindsay, and like everyone said, she replied within minutes. Instantly, I knew all the raving reviews had to be true.

So this review is coming from a bride who 1) has never been to Mexico 2) has never visited Playa Fiesta 3) made the decision to get married at this beautiful hotel based PURELY on reviews on tripadvisor & googling pictures of the hotel and 4) saw the hotel for the first time on our wedding week.. I cannot express how impressed, excited, and blown away I was at first sight. I clapped and jumped around like a crazy woman as we toured the hotel. It's simply beautiful and BAR NONE, the most incredible hotel. It is the perfect location if you are looking for THAT perfect intimate beach destination wedding. I mean, the ENTIRE hotel for you and your loved ones? It's like having your own beach mansion with the amenities & service of a top notch hotel. You can't go wrong.

So…

All the wonderful things everyone has said about Lindsay is 100% true. She's super attentive, honest, and organized. Seriously, her brain must be going a hundred miles an hour with all the brides she deals with, yet she keeps it calm, cool & collected, while making you feel like you're the only one. They make the planning process super easy and stress free. The week of the wedding, Lindsay does all the background work, clarifies any questions, and gets your input as you relax and hang out poolside with friends and family.

The staff & service - wow!. Nacho, Charlie (everyone's best friend), Carlos, Patrick, Alex, Santana, etc -- LOOOVEEE them! You can leave your belongings - wallet, phone, camera anywhere and not be worried about it - amazing!

The hotel is GORGEOUS. The pictures do not do it justice! It is well maintained and clean. Tropical but modern. The rooms are lovely, the pools are perfect, the grounds are stunning, the views are breath taking, and the ambiance is out of this world! I had a difficult time finding pictures of the restaurant/reception area when I was researching the hotel- but it's beautiful in person!

The food was amazing. We had dinner buffets & dessert every night and the food was soooo delicious. All of our guests were impressed with the taste & food quality of every meal. You MUST try the shrimp quesadillas from the lunch menu, fried ice cream, and the shrimp ceviche in a tortilla cup from the wedding menu. The traditional brunch the day after the wedding was the best! The coconut smoothie and the pink shots - yummy!

The owners, Lindsay & Adam, are doing such an amazing job. It's obvious they focus on QUALITY. Quality staff, food, service, hotel, and experience.

Playa Fiesta is truly deserving of their #1rating. We can't wait to return!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

After my first stay at Playa Fiesta I knew I wouldn't stay anywhere else in the Puerto Vallarta area. 3 stays later I still wouldn't choose another hotel. The hotel itself is STUNNING. Spotless, gorgeous tiles and loving details, the staff is so personable, professional and absolutely incredible! They remember your name after 5 minutes and make sure your stay is memorable. The fact that the SAME bartenders, servers, etc are still working there is to me a testament of how well run this beautiful hotel is ran by the owners. If you are looking to get away from the "big resort" experience and have a phenomenal stay, Playa Fiesta is the best I cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
South Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

As an avid TripAdvisor member, I of course checked and monitored reviews of the resort when our friends invited us to their wedding there. Every positive thing I read here was true!

The staff is amazingly attentive and friendly. Anything you needed, they got! Charlie the bartender goes beyond and there is one bald waiter (sorry, didn't catch his name) who was extremely doting and sweet. I didn't get to personally meet Lindsay, but I saw that she was on her game, as was the girl at the front desk. And of course, we all loved the resort dog!

Our rooms were impeccably cleaned everyday, and beds comfy. I loved falling asleep and waking up to the sound of the ocean.

The pool and dining areas were open and great for socializing. And the food...oh the food!! There is no such thing as a bad meal here!!!

Our friends' wedding was simply perfect. The location of the ceremony was romantic and I loved how they built the bridge/dance floor over the main pool. We really couldn't ask for anything more.

My only wish--that the beach was more accessible. And by that I mean, it's all rocks and no sand, so you can't really lay out on it. But being that the resort is right on the beach, it was great to see and hear the waves while in the pool area.

My friends made a great choice. Keep up the great work, Playa Fiesta!!!!

Stayed May 2014
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Playa Fiesta was a magical place. I don't know where to start, so many wonderful things to say. Everything was perfect... Really! Staff made you feel like you are part of the family. You really know they love where they work and it reflects in how they do their job. The entire hotel was the most amazing combination of size with a style all it's own. Authentic and modern at the same time. Great food and location. Not one bad room in the entire place. The amount of detail in everything they do is amazing. I am already talking to the bride about a "reunion tour". Or I will just have to find a man to marry so I can stay here again. Defiantly going to find my way back here any way I can.

Room Tip: I saw many rooms and would of been over the moon to stay in any! Take your pick.