“BAR NONE. The most incredible.” 5 of 5 stars

Playa Fiesta BeachClub & Hotel
Carretera a Barra de Navidad Km. 5, Puerto Vallarta 48390, Mexico   |
Ranked #1 of 120 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
new jersey
“BAR NONE. The most incredible.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

My husband and I had an unbelievable experience at Playa Fiesta. We recently got married there and we shared this amazing hotel with our closest friends and family.

Soon after getting engaged, I extensively researched for THAT perfect wedding destination for months. I looked all over Mexico and the surrounding Islands. I came across Playa Fiesta like most of you - it's the #1 hotel in Puerto Vallarta. And like most of you, I read the reviews and was amazed at how positive the reviews were. So I emailed Lindsay, and like everyone said, she replied within minutes. Instantly, I knew all the raving reviews had to be true.

So this review is coming from a bride who 1) has never been to Mexico 2) has never visited Playa Fiesta 3) made the decision to get married at this beautiful hotel based PURELY on reviews on tripadvisor & googling pictures of the hotel and 4) saw the hotel for the first time on our wedding week.. I cannot express how impressed, excited, and blown away I was at first sight. I clapped and jumped around like a crazy woman as we toured the hotel. It's simply beautiful and BAR NONE, the most incredible hotel. It is the perfect location if you are looking for THAT perfect intimate beach destination wedding. I mean, the ENTIRE hotel for you and your loved ones? It's like having your own beach mansion with the amenities & service of a top notch hotel. You can't go wrong.

So…

All the wonderful things everyone has said about Lindsay is 100% true. She's super attentive, honest, and organized. Seriously, her brain must be going a hundred miles an hour with all the brides she deals with, yet she keeps it calm, cool & collected, while making you feel like you're the only one. They make the planning process super easy and stress free. The week of the wedding, Lindsay does all the background work, clarifies any questions, and gets your input as you relax and hang out poolside with friends and family.

The staff & service - wow!. Nacho, Charlie (everyone's best friend), Carlos, Patrick, Alex, Santana, etc -- LOOOVEEE them! You can leave your belongings - wallet, phone, camera anywhere and not be worried about it - amazing!

The hotel is GORGEOUS. The pictures do not do it justice! It is well maintained and clean. Tropical but modern. The rooms are lovely, the pools are perfect, the grounds are stunning, the views are breath taking, and the ambiance is out of this world! I had a difficult time finding pictures of the restaurant/reception area when I was researching the hotel- but it's beautiful in person!

The food was amazing. We had dinner buffets & dessert every night and the food was soooo delicious. All of our guests were impressed with the taste & food quality of every meal. You MUST try the shrimp quesadillas from the lunch menu, fried ice cream, and the shrimp ceviche in a tortilla cup from the wedding menu. The traditional brunch the day after the wedding was the best! The coconut smoothie and the pink shots - yummy!

The owners, Lindsay & Adam, are doing such an amazing job. It's obvious they focus on QUALITY. Quality staff, food, service, hotel, and experience.

Playa Fiesta is truly deserving of their #1rating. We can't wait to return!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

After my first stay at Playa Fiesta I knew I wouldn't stay anywhere else in the Puerto Vallarta area. 3 stays later I still wouldn't choose another hotel. The hotel itself is STUNNING. Spotless, gorgeous tiles and loving details, the staff is so personable, professional and absolutely incredible! They remember your name after 5 minutes and make sure your stay is memorable. The fact that the SAME bartenders, servers, etc are still working there is to me a testament of how well run this beautiful hotel is ran by the owners. If you are looking to get away from the "big resort" experience and have a phenomenal stay, Playa Fiesta is the best I cannot wait to go back!

South Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

As an avid TripAdvisor member, I of course checked and monitored reviews of the resort when our friends invited us to their wedding there. Every positive thing I read here was true!

The staff is amazingly attentive and friendly. Anything you needed, they got! Charlie the bartender goes beyond and there is one bald waiter (sorry, didn't catch his name) who was extremely doting and sweet. I didn't get to personally meet Lindsay, but I saw that she was on her game, as was the girl at the front desk. And of course, we all loved the resort dog!

Our rooms were impeccably cleaned everyday, and beds comfy. I loved falling asleep and waking up to the sound of the ocean.

The pool and dining areas were open and great for socializing. And the food...oh the food!! There is no such thing as a bad meal here!!!

Our friends' wedding was simply perfect. The location of the ceremony was romantic and I loved how they built the bridge/dance floor over the main pool. We really couldn't ask for anything more.

My only wish--that the beach was more accessible. And by that I mean, it's all rocks and no sand, so you can't really lay out on it. But being that the resort is right on the beach, it was great to see and hear the waves while in the pool area.

My friends made a great choice. Keep up the great work, Playa Fiesta!!!!

Stayed May 2014
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Playa Fiesta was a magical place. I don't know where to start, so many wonderful things to say. Everything was perfect... Really! Staff made you feel like you are part of the family. You really know they love where they work and it reflects in how they do their job. The entire hotel was the most amazing combination of size with a style all it's own. Authentic and modern at the same time. Great food and location. Not one bad room in the entire place. The amount of detail in everything they do is amazing. I am already talking to the bride about a "reunion tour". Or I will just have to find a man to marry so I can stay here again. Defiantly going to find my way back here any way I can.

Room Tip: I saw many rooms and would of been over the moon to stay in any! Take your pick.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

I was completely surprised at the level of service and attention to detail at Playa Fiesta. As a guest of a wedding party, I was treated like a princess by the staff, called by name and made sure I was comfortable every minute. The grounds are gorgeous and view perfection. Mojitos as sunset and intimate setting, with smallish wedding party, was absolutely perfect. If I ever needed to get married again, it would be here!

seattle

Dear Reader,
You think you are reading a review but really this is a love letter. One week ago today, after nine years of courtship and more than a few decades of living, we were married at Playa Fiesta. 4.4.14. We are still absorbing the magic of the day, the week, the experience.

Our journey began when we were guests of the hotel a year ago, on one of the rare weeks when Playa Fiesta is open to book for individual guests. We knew then we had found our wedding venue- though honestly we weren't looking. We had high hopes. We had been working with Lindsey and her partner, Melissa, to plan the perfect experience.

For an entire year I sent questions, thoughts, ideas, challenges. Each was met with lightening speed responsiveness and warmth. After a year of dreaming and scheming, you have to wonder if it could ever be as beautiful as you hope and imagine. And then we discovered it would be better.

I don't know if it was the perfect weather, the seamless experience of every single guest, the tropical flowers or the sound of laughter at every turn. But we've decided it is that the whole experience was more than the sum of its parts; That Playa Fiesta is a magical place because so many couples have brought all those they loved together, week after week, to celebrate love. This has to do something to a space. It makes it brighter. Sweeter. More vivid and magical than daily life. Playa Fiesta is wrapped in love. The love pours through the sunshine. It cools you in the pools. It jumps off the backs of the dolphins. But it also emanates from Lindsey and Adam (the keepers of this Garden of Eden). It shines through Nacho and Charlie. Jerry and Alex.

Every person who works at Playa Fiesta actually seems to care about the guests. There was never a moment of forced niceties. There was only totally genuine concern. My water bottle would be near empty, and someone would be placing a new one in my hand. My drink never ran out. (I secretly think there is a collective pact to keep the bride perfectly tipsy AND hydrated- perfection!)

My girlfriend dropped her phone in the pool and suddenly, within moments, a bag of rice appeared to save it. I would have a thought about some thing and suddenly Lindsey would appear and chase my thought, idea, request. "I will do that." "I can find that." "Let me see about that…"
Of course we can put bacon in your churros. Of course we can pour that soup into shot glasses. Of course we can order you Prosecco because that's your bubble of choice. Lindsey is the Mary Poppins of Weddings. She is the Jeannie in the bottle. She is Tinkerbell. She has some wedding fairy dust that she distributes about. On your wedding day, she will move you, without your conscious knowledge, from point a to b. You will glide from the pool to your room to your waiting place. You will float down the aisle, find your way to dinner and dance and cake and champagne as if by a benevolent force beyond your control. Your guests will be on time, in place and well taken care of. This will be Lindsey.

The flowers, the food, the food, the food (!), the beautifully kept rooms, the cake, the drinks- this is the village, all rallying to your experience.

Your guests will tell you it is the best wedding they've every been to. They won't be saying it just to make you feel good. They will laugh a lot and cry when they leave. They will tell you that it was magic. That they are SO happy the took the time off of work, spent the money, got the sitter (we asked people to leave their kids though kids are always welcome at PF) and made the journey from their town north of paradise. All your concerns will fade long before they make these declarations.

The hotel is easy to get to. Trips to town are a short cab ride away. The front desk arranged diving, snorkeling, and dinner reservations for guests. They tracked down the solitary piece of missing luggage and saw to it the the middle of the night departure of one guest happened with the same ease as a late afternoon departure. Seamless. Easy.

I want also to note that the hospitality was extremely inclusive. We were a multiracial crowd; a crowd of straight couples and gay couples; and at least 3 generations. Every guest was treated with kindness and love.

Together, we have been many places in the world. We've stayed in beautiful apartments, high end resorts, and charming small hotels. We have other points of reference to assess the quality of our time here. And we can honestly say this was the best, most magical trip we've ever had. We will forever be indebted to Playa Fiesta and to Lindsey, most especially. And to our friends and family who came to PF to create this experience with us- THANK YOU! One Love.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Shakopee, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

My wife and I attended a wedding at Playa Fiesta just last week, as a best friend got married there. We vacation every year in Puerto Vallarta so we were more than happy to go back! One of the reasons we love it there so much is the people, and I think Playa Fiesta has employed the best of the best working on their staff! Every weight staff remembers you by name, they remember your drink, and they don't let you go a second with an empty before they ask if you need anything more. The property is immaculate, quaint and perfect for anyone seeking a place for a destination wedding. The owners, Adam and Lindsay, are wonderful. Not only are they welcoming, but they do everything top notch. Lindsay is also the wedding coordinator, and the bride called her a "little angel" because she was not only awesome to work with, she just made it happen at the snap of a finger! The location is perfect on a little secluded beach, which made the vista for the wedding perfect. The food was excellent, and you have to see how they construct the dance floor for the reception........over the pool! I'd recommend this to anyone, and am anxious to go back!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Playa Fiesta BeachClub & Hotel? Share your experiences!