“Absolutely Amazing...Best Destination Wedding Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Playa Fiesta BeachClub & Hotel
Carretera a Barra de Navidad Km. 5, Puerto Vallarta 48390, Mexico   |
Ranked #1 of 119 hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Kansas
“Absolutely Amazing...Best Destination Wedding Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

My husband and I were married here around 1 year ago and dream about returning everyday. If you are looking for a destination wedding..this is your place! No second thoughts needed. It exceeded our expectations!

I. Planning- I am a super planner and never imagined getting married somewhere before visiting and meeting the coordinators, etc. From day one, Lindsey and the team at Playa Fiesta made planning a breeze. They kept in constant contact and had a monthly checklist that was very organized. The dream team to work with for wedding planning. The booking process for guests went very well and we were informed after each reservation was made. When choosing from the variety of options there was something to fit the budget of any bride from very simple to very elegant. We went very simple and it was extremely affordable yet very classy. You can go as overboard as you want and with helping with so many weddings they offer excellent opinions and input. We had around 80 guests so booked the entire hotel and our other guests stayed down the road at Costa Sur. They were great to work with as well and were able to walk or take a cheap cab back and forth.

II. The Hotel and Staff
As you have probably seen in pictures, this place is gorgeous! Pictures do not do it justice. This place is not huge but it is very well cared for along with extremely safe. From the patio furniture to the bathrooms to the tables in the dining room everything is beautiful and high quality. Upon arrival we got to look through each room and assign guests accordingly. There is not a bad room in the hotel and they are all very unique. Each room has 1-3 bedrooms and decorated beautifully. Our guests were all impressed. The bridal suite was amazing and had a blast getting ready there with my best friends. The impressive staff just add to the value of the beautiful hotel. Every person that we encountered was amazing. Each member of their team make you feel like royalty. You become very close with them all and hate to say goodbye.

III. Food & Drink
Again, top of the line amazing food and drinks. Breakfast is provided and was delicious. It is set up like a buffet but each food item was fresh and authentic. A variety of juice, fruit, and pastries was also available. Many guests got out of bed just to have breakfast! When planning our wedding, we left lunch open for our guests in case they wanted to travel in to town. The hotel offered a great lunch menu for guests to order from as well and then would charge to their room. Some of the must have food items are their chips and guacamole, taco platter, and salads. You can truly eat anything here and not get sick! We provided a buffet style dinner for our guests 3 out of 4 nights. We did a welcome dinner, rehearsal dinner, and then the wedding reception dinner. Each dinner was delicious. Our guests were overly impressed with the food. We did the mini desserts for our wedding cake and a late night chip and salsa bar. All were well received.
The bartenders are hands down the best. They made a variety of delicious drinks and were always smiling and fun. We had quite the wild crew and they had fun with us. We spent most of our time pool side with a cold beer or frozen drink. They had a great wine selection as well.

IV. Photography, Flowers, Extras
The photographers recommended by Playa Fiesta are all awesome. I contacted each of them and they were great to work with. They know the location and where to take the best shots, etc. We ended up bringing our own photographer because he also did video graphy and had done alot of my friends weddings. There is a fee to bring in your own photography. The florist that works with Playa Fiesta is also great! I sent a few pictures and got a beautiful all white bridal bouqet. They deliver everything to Playa Fiesta and the wedding team takes care of everything. The DJ was awesome...he kept the dance floor lively all night. We loved working with him. You definitely want to rent the bridge that goes across the pool..it makes a great dance floor on the reception night. We did not do the photo booth or the fireworks.

V. Other

A majority of our guests never left Playa Fiesta! They enjoyed relaxing by the pool and enjoying the delicious food and drink. When guests wanted to leave the hotel, there was a public bus that stopped right across from the hotel and cost <$0.25/person. It is not clean but a great way to experience the local way of life. You could also catch a cab to town and be there in 10 minutes. Puerto Vallarta is a beautiful and safe city. There were many great restaurants and things to do along the beach.

So bottom line...you must stay here! It is one of the most amazing places I have ever visited! We cannot wait to return soon:)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

367 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Throughout life, parents have always desired the best for their children. Even as they become adults, these desires continue to emerge. REALITY!!! My son and his beautiful bride celebrated their wedding with spectacular views, exceptional service, top quality accommodations and no stress planning. This scenario was certainly a parent's dream. Their selection of Playa Fiesta BeachClub & Hotel, as the destination for their wedding definitely gave them ( and the other guests) the best experience imaginable. I was moved by the personal attention everyone received from the owners, as well as the pride in service shown by the staff. This was the perfect place for a wedding and could be designated as an ocean paradise.

D.Piper

Room Tip: The rooms with an ocean view are remarkable. I bought a tape of oceans sounds upon returning to Colo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed here for a friend's wedding in March and were absolutely blown away. Yes, the views are beautiful and the rooms are awesome, but what really impressed us was the staff. From the second we arrived until the second we left, they were all incredibly helpful, friendly and fun. It was obvious everyone at this hotel loves their job as they treat eachother and guests like family. I never was without a drink in my hand, they recommended fabulous restaurants for our night out, cooked INCREDIBLE meals when we ate in, set up jet skis for us to rent, and on and on. Anything we could ever need or want they were ready to supply in a moments notice and did it with smiles and genuine interest in our enjoyment.
Not only was the friendliness off the charts, but the integrity and trust outstanding. We had left an iPhone and cash by the pool one day - after having traveled to other locations, we were pretty certain it would all be gone. We walked back down, went to the lost and found and everything we left was right there. We tried to tip the maid the first night and left the tip on the nightstand. We came back at the end of the day and it was still there. After that we had to leave a note to make it clear it was a tip! I was blown away.
Mostly though, I appreciated the effort of everyone there to make the day special for our friends. They are a great couple and deserve the best - each individual at Playa went out of their way to make sure they got it. It was a wedding so of course we won't forget it, but the service, hospitality, fun and friendliness provided by everyone at Playa Fiesta made it so much more memorable.
I would STRONGLY recommend this place to any and everyone looking for a place for a wedding, or any kind of celebration trip - you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: The ocean view rooms are absolutely gorgeous, but the waves can be loud at times. That said, I woul...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

My husband and I got married at Playa Fiesta in March 2013. We agree with all the favorable reviews, but hope the following offers some specifics the others do not.

THE BRIDE: I’m one of those great contradictions: I have a very laidback personality, but I notice and care about quality in every aspect of life (food, entertainment, service, clothing, etc). I didn’t have the time or interest to get wrapped up in wedding details (nor did my fiancé); however, I still wanted to have an incredible and unforgettable wedding weekend.

The setting at Playa Fiesta (along with the extraordinary taste and attention to detail of Lindsay and her staff) gave us the high-end, high-attention wedding we hoped for, without requiring a tremendous amount of our time and energy. A number of our guests told us it was the best wedding they’d ever attended.

THE ADULT GUESTS: 59 in total. Most of the guests had limited travel experience and many of them had reservations about going to Mexico. All of the guests were thrilled with the accommodations, service and overall travel experience. Even the guests with the most significant concerns about Mexico loved Puerto Vallarta. Many of those guests took day trips to Old Town and the zoo and were amazed by the kindest of the taxi drivers and locals.

THE KID GUESTS: 6 kids between the ages of 2 and 8. The varying depths and temperatures of the three pools meant there was a perfect pool for every age. The older kids (5+) swam in the ocean as well. It’s a small resort, but with three pools, the beach and a unique hammock, there was plenty to keep them engaged. The proximity of the guest rooms to the pool/restaurant/bar is convenient for the parents as the kids could easily run to/from their room to the pool. Also, the kids loved the zoo (12 miles from the resort; the group who went was gone approximately 4 hours).

THE FOOD: Almost all of our guests told us how much they loved the food. When I asked one guest (the most picky eater of the entire group) what made it so good, he responded, “High quality ingredients. There are a lot of choices including basic – but not boring – options. They don’t do weird things to every item just for the sake of being interesting.”

I am a healthy eater, and I was delighted to see there were healthy options at every meal (yogurt and fruit for breakfast and several salad options, fish or chicken for lunch and dinner). There were options for extremely restrictive diets, too. We had vegan and gluten-free guests and all of them were impressed with the quality and number of options.

THE ROOMS: Unique and well-appointed. One of the owners, Adam, has a tremendous eye for design and attention to detail. The tile work and overall design of the rooms is incredible.

THE AMENITIES NOT MENTIONED ELSEWHERE:

WiFi? Yes. Strong signal and 100% reliability in the pool, restaurant and bar area. Our room was the farthest from this area and we still got a signal 75% of the time.

Workout Options? Yes. Fitness center at a nearby hotel or running on the beach. Guests at Playa Fiesta can use the fitness center at the hotel 0.25 miles away. It’s a rural road with a narrow shoulder, so one must be careful, but it’s a quick walk.

The beach on either side of the Playa Fiesta property is fairly rocky. However, after walking south 0.25 miles over the rocks, there is flat, sandy stretch approximately 0.75 miles long. Gorgeous and perfect for a run or walk.

THE PUNCHLINE: Go to Playa Fiesta. Now.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Could not recommend Playa Fiesta highly enough. The owners are wonderful people, their staff is great, the food is fantastic, the wedding was perfect, and the rooms are incredible. Oh, and the ocean is literally 10 feet from the pool area. I travel for my job 70% of the time, and this is the best place I have been to.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

whent there for a wedding of a friend on mine.
Needless to say averything was PERFECT!
great staff, very comfortable, good food and the view is amazing! they even recommended a great transportation company!
would definetly go back...and will recommend for future weddings...

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed at Playa Fiesta for 4 nights in order to attend a friend’s wedding in early February. Overall we had a fantastic experience; the bride and groom were very pleased. The property is private and this was especially true because only wedding guests were present while we were there. The staff was very attentive and the wedding was planned wonderfully. Several of our meals were included which was great, along with an open bar daily. Something that would be really nice is if they stocked a big cooler or refrigerator with water bottles that could be accessed at any time. The night of the wedding I ran out of water around 4 AM (they have really small water bottles) and I felt like I needed to wait until morning to get more so I wouldn’t be disruptive. Perhaps they could try to stock a larger number of them in the mini-fridge. I could easily go through 5+ bottles myself after a night of eating and drinking.

We did not choose our room, and my understanding is that all wedding guests paid the same amount no matter what room the bride and groom assigned them to. We were certainly okay with this. Our room was on the same level as the pool and was a bit small (I believe it was number 105). Even so, it was very clean and had most everything we needed. There are a few things I would recommend addressing in order to make the stay more comfortable for future guests:
-There were no hooks in the bathroom to hang wet bathing suits or towels. They only gave us 2 towels at a time.
-There was no hair dryer and the one they gave me to use was not working properly.
-The pillows, sheets, blankets and mattress were not very comfortable. For what we paid to stay each night my expectations are a bit higher.
-The curtains did not completely cover the large windows/doors at the entry (right next to the bed) and a mirror was positioned on the wall in a way that made my boyfriend and I feel like we did not have privacy if somebody were to walk by. This was very true at night if we had any sort of light source inside the room (even the TV). New curtains, or the addition of another full sized panel, are a must for this reason.

Other than that we loved Playa Fiesta, and would recommend it!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Playa Fiesta BeachClub & Hotel? Share your experiences!